Author Topic: 666  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« on: October 19, 2007, 03:01:09 PM »
Lately I've seen several references to "666" on different messages here.  What does "666" mean, if anything at all, to you?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: 666
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 03:02:34 PM »
The number 666, that's all.
If you are reffering to the "Beast" or somthing, I thought it's 616.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 03:10:42 PM »
In the Christian book of Revelation, 666 is said to be a sign of the antichrist which will be on his forehead upon his hand/b]. 

Revelation 13:16-18
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Now I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but does any of this seem familiar?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 03:11:05 PM »
666 is symbolized to be the number for the devil. Some people really believe in this and will get freaked out by the number. Several years ago, I was talking to this girl on the phone who was talking to me about the number 666 and how she really believes it can cause harm. I joked around and pressed the "6" button three times on the phone and laughed. She scolded me for this. I knew then I was talking to a real whack job. It's the same type of belief that if you look in a mirror and say "Bloody Mary" or "Candyman" five times, that the devil will appear. I personally believe it's complete nonsense and that number doesn't scare me any more than the number 13.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »
666 is symbolized to be the number for the devil. Some people really believe in this and will get freaked out by the number. Several years ago, I was talking to this girl on the phone who was talking to me about the number 666 and how she really believes it can cause harm. I joked around and pressed the "6" button three times on the phone and laughed. She scolded me for this. I knew then I was talking to a real whack job. It's the same type of belief that if you look in a mirror and say "Bloody Mary" or "Candyman" five times, that the devil will appear. I personally believe it's complete nonsense and that number doesn't scare me any more than the number 13.
In Judaism the number 13 have a good meaning, I wonder why it isn't the same in Christianety.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 03:15:16 PM »
When I ran track and cross country in high school, I had the number 13 on my sweats. I considered it my lucky number.

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 03:19:24 PM »
The sign upon the hand and forehead reminds me of Tefillin.  We make a shin on our hand with the hand tefiillin .  The head tefillin has a shin on it also.  A shin can be formed with three vavs.

"And it shall serve as a sign to you on your hand, and as a reminder on your forehead, that the law of the LORD may be in your mouth; for with a powerful hand the LORD brought you out of Egypt." Exodus 13:9

Judaism doesn't have the same devil figure as does Christianity.  At first when I was considering the connection between the two passages, I thought that this might be an antisemtic reference to Jews.  But Jesus was a Jew and a rabbi, and would have laid tefillin just like any other observant Jew.  Which leaves me to wonder if there is something more significant about having a sign upon the hand and forehead(?).

« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 03:25:21 PM by Kananga »

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 03:28:11 PM »
The sign upon the hand and forehead reminds me of Tefillin.  We make a shin on our hand with the hand tefiillin .  The head tefillin has a shin on it also.  A shin can be formed with three vavs.

"And it shall serve as a sign to you on your hand, and as a reminder on your forehead, that the law of the LORD may be in your mouth; for with a powerful hand the LORD brought you out of Egypt." Exodus 13:9

Judaism doesn't have the same devil figure as does Christianity.  At first when I was considering the connection between the two passages, I thought that this might be an antisemtic reference to Jews.  But Jesus was a Jew and a rabbi, and would have laid tefillin just like any other observant Jew.  Which leaves me to wonder if there is something more significant about having a sign upon the hand and forehead(?).

I don't think Jesus was a rabbi, he was rabbi's student, that's for sure.
What about Shabbat ?

- Friedrich Nietzsche

ftf

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 03:34:25 PM »

What about Shabbat ?
Jesus was a student? Not according to anything in the New Testament.

Most christians I've talked with about the number 666 believe that it represents Islam. You can find out a lot about this theoried connection on youtube.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 03:38:13 PM »

What about Shabbat ?

Most christians I've talked with about the number 666 believe that it represents Islam. You can find out a lot about this theoried connection on youtube.
Acorrding to Chazal he was a student of Joshua ben Perachyah.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 03:49:53 PM »

What about Shabbat ?

Acorrding to Chazal he was a student of Joshua ben Perachyah.

I also heard that he was also very scholarly. Everything was going well until the argument he had with Yehoshua ben Perachyah. Some people actually say that this is not the same student as Jesus, though.
Maybe, there were a lot of people name Jesus at that time, so it's possible.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 04:03:10 PM »

What about Shabbat ?

I'm not following you Dexter.  What about Shabbat?  I'm going to a service and dinner downtown after work today.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 04:07:35 PM »

What about Shabbat ?

I'm not following you Dexter.  What about Shabbat?  I'm going to a service and dinner downtown after work today.
I'm sure that Jesus didn't violeted the Shabbat, my question is: Why did Christians moved the Holy day in the week into Sunday ?

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 04:12:17 PM »
I don't that's Christian.  I think that has something to do with Roman Emperor.

Seven day aventist keep Shabbat on Friday/Saturday and observe the kosher laws and they are a Christian denomination.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 04:18:55 PM »

What about Shabbat ?

I'm sure that Jesus didn't violeted the Shabbat, my question is: Why did Christians moved the Holy day in the week into Sunday ?

I believe it is because Jesus rose from the dead on a Sunday.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .