Author Topic: Revava Forum Antics  (Read 1370 times)

Offline yaaqov

• Full JTFer
    • Esser Agaroth
Revava Forum Antics
« on: October 21, 2007, 08:26:33 PM »
B"H

Well, the Revava Forum is at it again.

I'll just present the facts, and you can make up your own minds.

A week ago, I posted on the restraining orders served to various residents of Yehudah and Shomron, including Yekutiel Ben-Ya'akov.  After all he IS one of the residents of Yehudah and Shomron.

A few days later, I logged on, and found that ALL of my 86 or so posts had been deleted.

I wrote to admins/moderators David HaIvri, Cold Matter, Ish Tam, and Lenny, asking them what might have happened:

B"H

David and "Cold Matter,"

I was wondering why all of my posts were taken down, and with no explanation.

They just disappeared.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Ya'aqov

CC: Lenny
      Ya'akov Ish Tam

Cold Matter wrote back relatively quickly, saying that he had no idea, that there was no record of it in the moderation log, and asked if David had responded.

I wrote back, and said that he had not responded.

Today, I logged back in.  My posts were still missing.  I posted something completely non-controversial.

A few minutes later, I was logged out.  When I tried to log back in, I got a message which came up: "That username does not exist."

I never received any warning whatsoever, not for abuse, not inappropriate content, not for anything.  I was listed as a member since November, 2006, with only 6 or so posts.  So, I do not see how anyone could consider that "spamming" the forum either.

The bottom line is, and I have said this to David HaIvri publicly on his forum, that it's his forum, and he can do what he likes with it (including the formation of his own rules).

Of course, now that all of my posts have been erased, I can't prove that.

Who would remove someone like this from a forum?  And why?

I have no doubt that the owners of the Revava Forum believe that this incident, along with others, will simply fade away from people's memories.

...and they're right; it will.

None the less, I thought I'd mention this incident.  You can decide for yourselves what to make of an organization that does something so sneaky like this.

Ya'aqov

Ya'aqov Ben-Yehudah

Offline yaaqov

• Full JTFer
    • Esser Agaroth
Re: Revava Forum Antics
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 08:29:17 PM »
B"H

Additional Note:

My understanding is that Kahane, JTF, and B'nei Elim Forums do not operate this way.
Ya'aqov Ben-Yehudah

Offline yaaqov

• Full JTFer
    • Esser Agaroth
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 08:52:13 PM »
It's unfortunate.

At the risk of sounding like a "all you need is love" type, if I understand correctly, there is some interest between JTF and Kahane.org hevreh to get along, and unless I'm mistaken, JTF reached a hand out to Hevron hevreh to try to resolve any issues.  I know that people from Tapuah and Hevron get along.

Although not entirely, which group seems to be on the outside?
Ya'aqov Ben-Yehudah

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 08:55:13 PM »
Revava is a slime pit.  Don't bother giving them any attention. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline yaaqov

• Full JTFer
    • Esser Agaroth
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 09:17:22 PM »
I'm not sure what you're asking.

It was a rhetorical question, the answer being "Revava."
Ya'aqov Ben-Yehudah