Author Topic: How many People saw the GOP Debate Last Night?  (Read 22873 times)

Joe Schmo

Re: How many People saw the GOP Debate Last Night?
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2007, 12:54:54 PM »
I apoligize Scriabin.

I probably wen't overboard there.

Sorry.

But I'm really passionate about this.

Forgive me, my friend.

No problem.  

I too want to see Israel prosper and flourish.  I too want to see the Muslims defeated.

I too am passionate.

I understand.   :)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »
Quotes from Cohen the Ron Paul supporter:

Ron Paul doesn't hate Israel, he doesn't exactly care for them either. He doesn't hate the muslims but he doesn't really care about them either. Ron Paul is neutral, he doesn't pick sides, and he has stated that.

Iran is Israels war and this is their obligation to destroy Iran or to take out the nukes. This doesn't make Ron Paul and Anti-Semite as again you are taking out of context what he says. He has never specifically called Israel an enemy, he has never called muslims are friends. He has no stance on the middle east period.

Here's the problem with this rational as an endorsement of Ron Paul.

I don't know about you, but I don't want a President that's neutral.

I want a President that's pro-Israel and hates moooozies.

Apparently, you don't.

Your convoluted thinking is that a neutral President that isn't pro-Israel and anti-moooozie will help Israel by forcing Israel to be entirely self-reliant.

Yes, Israel should strive to be self-reliant and independent of foreign influences. That's essential and a given. But in the real world that's not going to happen overnight and Israel's enemies have worldwide support.

You state that Iran is Israel's war. This is true, and Israel should take out Iran's nuke potential.

But here's something you and the rest of the Paul supporters conveniently ignore or are too dumb to understand:

It's also America's war.

Apparently you nitwits think it's a joke when the Iranians and other mooozies are screaming their mantra of 'Death to the great satan America, Death to the little satan Israel'.

No, I'm sorry. Iranian nukes pose a grave threat to not only Israel, but to America and the entire civilized world.

But you Ron Paul supporters have your heads so far up your small intestines that you can't see this.

Truly pathetic. 

Your never going to get a president elected that truly supports Israel and hates muslims. You must have missed the point of my post that the fact remains that America will use anyone they can and that includes muslims. We supported the very people we went to war with, we did this in the phillipines with the rebels and we did it in Afghanistan as well as in Iraq.

Why Ron Paul’s Answer Terrifies Them

by Jacob G. Hornberger
by Jacob G. Hornberger

Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com  Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article  Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article  View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site 
DIGG THIS

In one short answer to a moderator’s question in the South Carolina debate in which Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul suggested that U.S. foreign policy motivated the 9/11 terrorists, Paul produced an earthquake that is shaking the Republican establishment.

The chairman of the Michigan Republican Party proposed banning Paul from future debates. Besieged by adverse public reaction, however, he quickly backed down.

FoxNews commentator John Gibson and columnist Michelle Malkin somehow reached the warped conclusion that Paul was suggesting that U.S. officials had committed the 9/11 attacks. After bloggers pointed out the inherent contradiction between that claim and Paul’s point that foreign terrorists motivated by U.S. foreign policy had committed the attacks, Malkin quickly issued a retraction.

Other members of the Republican establishment suggested that Paul was “blaming America” for the 9/11 attacks. That’s because they think that the federal government is America. In actuality, as our American ancestors understood, the federal government and the country are composed of two separate and distinct groups of people – those within the federal government and those within the private sector, a point reflected in the Bill of Rights, which expressly protects the country from the federal government.

What’s going on here? Why the enormous, almost panicky, overreaction to what is a rather simple point about U.S. foreign policy? Why the attempts to suppress, distort, and misrepresent? What are they so scared of?

The answer is very simple: The Republican establishment knows that if the American people conclude that Ron Paul is right, the jig is up with respect to the big-government, pro-empire, interventionist foreign policy that Republicans (and many Democrats) have supported for many years.

Paul’s point is a straightforward one: U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East generated the anger that motivated the 9/11 terrorists. If he had had more time, Paul undoubtedly would have pointed out the U.S. policies in the Middle East that made people so angry: (1) the U.S. government’s ardent support of Saddam Hussein and the furnishing of biological and chemical weapons of mass destruction to him; (2) the more than 10 years of brutal sanctions against Iraq, which contributed to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children; (3) UN Ambassador Madeleine Albright’s infamous statement to Sixty Minutes that the deaths of half a million Iraqi children from the sanctions had been “worth it”; (4) the stationing of U.S. troops on Islamic holy lands, knowing the adverse impact such action would have on Muslims; (5) the “no-fly zones,” which were never authorized by either the UN or the U.S. Congress and which killed still more Iraqis, including 13-year-old Omran Harbi Jawair, whose head was shot off by a U.S. missile while he was tending his sheep in 2000; (6) and the long-time, unconditional financial and military aid provided the Israeli government.

Thus, by invading Iraq the U.S. government was simply engaging in the same course of interventionist conduct that had produced prior acts of terrorism against the United States (not only the 9/11 attacks but the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center, the 1998 terrorist attacks on U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, and the 2000 terrorist attack on the USS Cole). As Paul stated in the debate and as U.S. intelligence agencies now confirm, the 2003 invasion of Iraq, which has killed and maimed countless more Iraqis, has been a dream-come-true for Osama bin Laden’s recruiters.

The 9/11 terrorist attacks also generated the “war on terror,” which in turn has given us ever-increasing budgets for the military-industrial complex, out-of-control federal spending that debauches the currency, omnipotent power to the CIA, an endless stream of color-coded fear-mongering, warrantless monitoring of telephone calls and emails, torture, kidnapping and rendition, secret overseas prison camps, indefinite detention, cancellation of habeas corpus, military tribunals, “enemy combatants,” and ever-increasing infringements on civil liberty.

If the U.S. government’s foreign policy of interventionism is, in fact, the root cause of terrorism against the United States, as Congressman Paul contends, there is an obvious solution to the problem: End the U.S. government’s role as international policeman, invader, intervener, interloper, provider, and sanctioner. Foreign terrorism against Americans would disappear along with the need for a “war on terror.” Civil liberties that were suspended could be restored. A sense of balance and harmony could return to our lives.

Ending interventionism, terrorism, and the “war on terror” would also mean that the era of big government in foreign affairs could be brought to an end. No wonder the Republican establishment is so terrified of Ron Paul’s foreign-policy message.

May 24, 2007

Jacob Hornberger [send him mail] is founder and president of The Future of Freedom Foundation. He will be among the 22 speakers at FFF’s upcoming conference on June 1–4 in Reston, Virginia: “Restoring the Constitution: Foreign Policy and Civil Liberties.”

Copyright © 2007 Future of Freedom Foundation

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2007, 12:58:30 PM »
It was annoying how Romney, Giuliani, Thompson and McCain were all given questions to get them to argue about which one of them is more conservative.  People should realize that none of them are the most conservative. 

You have to feel bad for Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo.  People who watch the debates hardly notice them because debate moderators hardly give them any questions.  They're lucky if they're asked two questions during the entire debate.  One of them criticized the "paleoconservative" and "neoconservative" classifications and mentioned how Republicans need to be real conservatives.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2007, 01:02:57 PM »
About Ron Paul...  he has some good points.  However, he intentionally neglects the fact that Iran has declared war on both the US and Israel and he also intentionally downplays the time line of Iran having nuclear weapons. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2007, 01:05:07 PM »

You have still yet to answer the question

Are you going to vote for a gun grabber like Guiliani?

I don't think Giuliani is going to try to get a federal law passed to ban all guns.  I think he considers it to be more of a states issue.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2007, 01:07:24 PM »

Then you haven't learned a damn thing about Bushes mistakes.

As for Guiliani being a gun grabber, why don't you listen to the facts straight from the horses mouth then?

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=8515.0

Watch the videos, he even admits his stance on guns.

Any candidate that attempts to INFRINGE on my rights, especially gun rights is a enemy to the state IMO.

If the United States had never sent foreign aid to Israel, they would be in a much better position right now. Israel would have kept the Galil in service, they would have a booming military industry as well as the LAVI project instead of the F-16. They would have Sinai, gaza, and the west bank and probably would have taken back Jordan by now. They would have been able to have succeeded in many things. US with control of Israel has done nothing but screw them over, both sides. You can thank the Neocons in control which aren't even real Conservatives, they are a bunch of liberals who claim to be Conservatives. Left wing at that.
[/quote]

Stop it with your neocon garbage.  The term you really mean is "globalist" as opposed to the "isolationist" than Ron Paul advocates.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2007, 01:07:45 PM »
Ron Paul sounded like a kook in the debate.  Frank Luntz's focus group was against Ron Paul 100%.  He's an internet phenomenon, thats all.  It's already established that he's an Israel-hater, supported by Nazis and 9/11 'truthers', and has absolutely no chance of winning a real primary or caucus much less the general election.  He's the Republican Howard Dean.

I saw the debate, recorded it, and thought Duncan Hunter did better in this one, than the previous ones (although what can beat "Kennedy wing of the Republican party"?).  He and Tom Tancredo got the least amount of time to speak on the debate floor.

Fox News thinks Rudy McThomney + Huckabee and Paul make up the bulk of the candidates, conveniently leaving out the two most conservative in the debate.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2007, 01:12:54 PM »

You have still yet to answer the question

Are you going to vote for a gun grabber like Guiliani?

I don't think Giuliani is going to try to get a federal law passed to ban all guns.  I think he considers it to be more of a states issue.

Gee thats funny, if you watch his past statements from the videos I posted, you will note that he claimed New Yorks gun crime was ineffective because other states refused to pass gun control legislature therefore most of the guns in New York were out of state. Then he completely contradicts himself saying that what works in one state doesn't necessarily work in another state. If his stance keeps changing on gun control, makes me wonder what his real thoughts on islam is. Does a zebra change it's stripes?

You don't think Guiliani would sign a brady bill assault weapon ban if it came to his desk? I can guarantee you he would. He's milking the NRA right now for all he can to get endorsed and votes, we aren't fooled by his rhetoric.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2007, 01:16:30 PM »

Then you haven't learned a damn thing about Bushes mistakes.

As for Guiliani being a gun grabber, why don't you listen to the facts straight from the horses mouth then?

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=8515.0

Watch the videos, he even admits his stance on guns.

Any candidate that attempts to INFRINGE on my rights, especially gun rights is a enemy to the state IMO.

If the United States had never sent foreign aid to Israel, they would be in a much better position right now. Israel would have kept the Galil in service, they would have a booming military industry as well as the LAVI project instead of the F-16. They would have Sinai, gaza, and the west bank and probably would have taken back Jordan by now. They would have been able to have succeeded in many things. US with control of Israel has done nothing but screw them over, both sides. You can thank the Neocons in control which aren't even real Conservatives, they are a bunch of liberals who claim to be Conservatives. Left wing at that.

Stop it with your neocon garbage.  The term you really mean is "globalist" as opposed to the "isolationist" than Ron Paul advocates.
[/quote]

Conflict with Libertarian conservatives

There is also conflict between neoconservatives and libertarian conservatives. Libertarian conservatives are ideologically opposed to the expansiveness of federal government programs and regard neoconservative foreign policy ambitions with outspoken distrust. They view the neoconservative promotion of preemptive war as morally unjust, dangerous to the preservation of a free society, and against the principles of the Constitution. Rep Ron Paul, a Republican libertarian who holds a Texas district, and is a 2008 Presidential candidate, has spoken out against the Bush Administration's foreign policy, specifically against the influence of "neocons."[31]

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2007, 01:19:34 PM »
Unfortunately Tancredo isn't a great public speaker. His presentation just isn't polished. Romney on the other hand is very quick on his feet and polished but lacks substance.

Hunter and Tancredo are the best of the lot as far as I'm concerned but I don't think they have a chance.

Out of the remaining Republicans, who's left ?

Can't stand McCain. He's out of the question after his romance with Kerry and his stance on immigration.

Thompson sets off my bullshiite detector big time, and puts me to sleep.

Romney looks very Presidential and is smart as hell, but he's a huge phony.

Huckabee ?  Says the right things about energy policy but I just don't like the guy, and I really don't think he has the organization behind him to make a serious run.

Guiliani ? Yeah, he has his warts to be sure, but I like the guy. In my mind he has the best chance to defeat Hillary (or whoever the Dhimmirats nominate). Plus I trust him on dealing with the mooos with strength.

I'm not worried about him taking my guns away and I don't think any candidate is about to change Roe vs. Wade abortion laws. To me those are almost non-issues.

My primary concern is which candidate is viable to defeat Hillary and most aware of the threat Islam presents and will deal with the moooozies most effectively.

That's why I support Guiliani, and predict JTF will be endorsing him in 2008. 

Joe Schmo

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2007, 01:22:25 PM »
I'm not worried about him taking my guns away and I don't think any candidate is about to change Roe vs. Wade abortion laws. To me those are almost non-issues.

Yes.  Abortion/Feminism has already done its dirty work.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »
Then maybe you need to listen to Guiliani on his stance on guns, heres all the videos directly.

These are videos that show Rudy Giuliani specifically stating his views on guns. He may have good points on terrorism and what not, but do you really want to support a guy who supports gun registration? Does anyone realize the Gun Control Act of 1968 is based off the old Nazi gun laws relating to possession of a gun for sporting or hunting purposes only?

Rudy Giuliani announces lawsuit against gun companies

Rudy Giuliani on Gun Control and NRA

Rudy on guns again

Rudy Giuliani entertains an idea on gun control

Rudy contradicting himself, I guess he only defends the constitution when he wants votes

Giuliani on gun control - 1993

Giuliani supports handgun registration and licensing

Rudy Giuliani On Gun Control, Immigration & 9/11

Giuliani calls Second Amendment an "Overstated Argument

Giuliani: First Amendment Protects Gun Owners (The idiot doesn't even know what amendment protects the right to bear arms)

Rudy defends his position claiming he supports gun rights yet feels he was in the right to violate the peoples constitutional rights to lower crime in NYC. If you listen carefully, he completely contradicts his past ideas by saying gun crime was high because the other states didn't have the same licensing as New York, yet he claims in this video that it should be up to the communitys and states to enforce gun control. What a hypocrite.

A person like this with as long of a history as he does with gun control? Are you the type of person to vote for Sarah Brady after she appears in front of a NRA meeting one time to tell you that she supports the 2nd amendment?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 01:29:57 PM by Cohen »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2007, 01:28:16 PM »

There is also conflict between neoconservatives and libertarian conservatives. Libertarian conservatives are ideologically opposed to the expansiveness of federal government programs and regard neoconservative foreign policy ambitions with outspoken distrust. They view the neoconservative promotion of preemptive war as morally unjust, dangerous to the preservation of a free society, and against the principles of the Constitution. Rep Ron Paul, a Republican libertarian who holds a Texas district, and is a 2008 Presidential candidate, has spoken out against the Bush Administration's foreign policy, specifically against the influence of "neocons."[31]

[/quote]

Bill Clinton is a globalist.  So does this mean you would call him a "neoconservative"?  The correct term is globalist. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2007, 01:30:04 PM »

I dont yet, just waiting for my permit to come through

Muslim groups seem to support ron paul in large numbers, what is his policy on islamic terrorism, will he advocate profiling muslims, not arabs.....MUSLIMS of any shade or race.  I havent paid much attention to him, he doesnt seem to have that good of a chance of getting the nomination.

Ron Paul voted in favor of having the Empire State Building observe Ramadan. 

Although he got some applause after some of his comments at the debate, he also received boos after some of his statements.  I think he was the only candidate who received any boos.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2007, 01:30:49 PM »

Bill Clinton is a globalist.  So does this mean you would call him a "neoconservative"?  The correct term is globalist. 
[/quote]

I believe their both in bed together, I think both the democrat and republican parties have been infiltrated.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2007, 01:31:23 PM »

I dont yet, just waiting for my permit to come through

Muslim groups seem to support ron paul in large numbers, what is his policy on islamic terrorism, will he advocate profiling muslims, not arabs.....MUSLIMS of any shade or race.  I havent paid much attention to him, he doesnt seem to have that good of a chance of getting the nomination.

Ron Paul voted in favor of having the Empire State Building observe Ramadan.

Although he got some applause after some of his comments at the debate, he also received boos after some of his statements.  I think he was the only candidate who received any boos.

Source?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2007, 01:36:21 PM »
How can Paul have voted on the Empire state being lite up the owners liite  it up
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2007, 01:37:30 PM »
He voted on rammadan becoming a national Holiday
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2007, 01:39:30 PM »
He voted on rammadan becoming a national Holiday

That's what I meant. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2007, 01:45:12 PM »
Anyone know if there's a senate version of this bill:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2007/roll928.xml

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2007, 02:23:55 PM »
I don'nt know

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2007, 09:03:19 PM »
Any more opinions?

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2007, 09:12:51 PM »
They are worse than the democrats ,ecause they don't even believe what they say.There are no good candidates so I think Ill write myself in.Or vote for John f.Kennedy.Hey what ever happened to him?Just kidding I know ;)

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2007, 09:16:43 PM »
They are all awful. They all want to continue welfare and want cheap Mexican labor to make the MEGArich get richer.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2007, 09:17:38 PM »
all want mexican immigration except for Tancredo, I believe.