Poll

Are you consciously aware that God is watching you?

Always
11 (57.9%)
Sometimes
5 (26.3%)
Not really
2 (10.5%)
No
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Are you always aware that God is watching you?  (Read 5516 times)

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Are you always aware that G-d is watching you?
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 08:27:04 PM »
Sarah,Thanks for the compliments on my kids . :)

newman

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 05:31:30 AM »

Even though G-d is in this Universe, he is completely outside of its limitations like time etc
Tzvi, if G-d has planned everything beforehand and knows the outcomes and whats to happen, then why does he watch over us in the meantime?

G_d doesn't plan EVERYTHING in advance.

According to Torah, some things he pre-ordains and are inevitable. Other things depend entirely on us because he gave us free choice.

But does he know what we are going to choose, without affecting our choice?

He doesn't affect our choice. G_d gave us the gift of free will and he'd NEVER take that away. Whether he knows how we'll exercise our free will five years from now??? Good question for Lubab.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 01:22:20 PM »

Even though G-d is in this Universe, he is completely outside of its limitations like time etc
Tzvi, if G-d has planned everything beforehand and knows the outcomes and whats to happen, then why does he watch over us in the meantime?

G_d doesn't plan EVERYTHING in advance.

According to Torah, some things he pre-ordains and are inevitable. Other things depend entirely on us because he gave us free choice.

But does he know what we are going to choose, without affecting our choice?

He doesn't affect our choice. G_d gave us the gift of free will and he'd NEVER take that away. Whether he knows how we'll exercise our free will five years from now??? Good question for Lubab.

Actually in the general sense yes, but also one does in  a way looses his keys to his free choice once the negative action is repeated over and over again - then one needs to find his keys again and work on making a full Tishuva.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/