Author Topic: A Victorian Primary School teaches kids to made Voo Doo Dolls.  (Read 1075 times)

Kiwi

A Victorian Primary School teaches kids to made Voo Doo Dolls.
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:41:07 AM »
I was shocked and lost of words today when my 10 year old nephew gives me a paper doll.

I asked him what was it about.

He explains to me they had a lesson on how to made "worry dolls".

I said tell me all about it.

He told me his primary school teacher got them to make paper dolls that represented the them the child, and when they are worried whisper the worry to the doll and put it under your pillow and go to sleep, in the morning the worry is gone because it gets trapped in the doll, and they never had to worry about things again.

I said who else do you tell your worry too? He said the teacher said "No one, its a secret".

I explained to him that I would be his worry doll and so is his mother and father not a paper poppet.

WTH are they thinking, one telling a 10 year old boy to keep worried thoughts secret from his parents and family, Two make Poppet Voo doo dolls and use them!

I rang the school and asked about this, they told me thats correct what the teacher had done, it was her culture.

:o

See multi culturalism you get all the friggin nuts in this world bending young kids minds. Lucky my nephew is  a smart one and still listens to us over some nutter. >:(

newman

Re: A Victorian Primary School teaches kids to made Voo Doo Dolls.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:45:31 AM »
Stuff the primitive teacher's culture!!!

With all the child abuse going on this ape tells kids NOT to share their worries with anyone but a paper doll!!!

That teacher should be sacked. Did you report it to the press or education department?

Kiwi

Re: A Victorian Primary School teaches kids to made Voo Doo Dolls.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:48:55 AM »
I had me say to the school and I have a meeting with the head master tomorrow and I will be taking it to the department.

I am still that friggin angry about it, I just can't believe they allowed it.