Author Topic: Giuliani is rooting for the Taliban, almost  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Giuliani is rooting for the Taliban, almost
« on: October 25, 2007, 06:29:15 AM »
Giuliani Says He's Backing the Red Sox!! WTF is getting into him? The red sox are almost like the Taliban - haters of NYC and all that we stand for.

BOSTON (AP)  -- Sounds like a baseball flip-flop.

Rudy Giuliani, a lifelong New York Yankees fan, said Tuesday he's pulling for their most hated rivals, the Boston Red Sox, to win the World Series over the Colorado Rockies.

"I'm rooting for the Red Sox,'' the Republican presidential contender said in response to a question, sparking applause at the Boston restaurant where he was picking up a local endorsement.

"I'm an American League fan, and I go with the American League team, maybe with the exception of the Mets,'' he said. "Maybe that would be the one time I wouldn't because I'm loyal to New York.''

Giuliani's Yankees lost in the first round of the playoffs, then lost their manager when Giuliani's friend, Joe Torre, refused to accept a pay cut and walked away. Giuliani said the Yankees had "a great season.''

The former New York mayor said his declaration of temporary Red Sox loyalty was "not just because I'm here in Massachusetts.''

"In Colorado, in the next week or two, you will see, I will have the courage to tell the people of Colorado the same thing, that I am rooting for the Red Sox in the World Series,'' he said.

Indeed, if Giuliani was pandering, he miscalculated.

In the last presidential election, Colorado went with Republican President Bush, and recent history shows Massachusetts voters would sooner adopt Manhattan clam chowder as the state's official food than vote Republican in 2008.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Giuliani is rooting for the Taliban, almost
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 10:06:21 AM »
You should feel ashamed to compare the Boston Red Sox to that. 

There shouldn't be anything wrong with him rooting for Boston.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:23:29 AM »
Hillary has worn a NY Yankees cap.Which is worse? :::D

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 11:22:34 AM »
Rudy cheering a baseball team is not as bad as Hillary saying we must negotiate and reach out to that Iranian midget.  And I think since Hillary wore the Yankee cap she gave the Yankees bad luck.  Before she came to NY they won championships.  She jinxed them and instead of the curse of the Bambino we have now the Curse of the Dykester.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 11:27:35 AM »
That's the funniest story of the year!!

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 11:31:57 AM »
MW I had to laugh ! :::D

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 10:06:13 PM »
It's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. I don't like the Taliban analogy. There's a big difference between an archrival to a baseball team and an enemy of a nation.