Author Topic: New arena in Newark  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
New arena in Newark
« on: October 25, 2007, 05:29:18 PM »
There is a new hockey arena opening tonight in Newark, New Jersey.  I think it's funny that the NJ Devils are playing in a new areana in a city that's mostly black and don't care about a mostly white sport.  What do you think?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: New arena in Newark
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 06:58:01 PM »
They are still playing in the Meadowlands.  They are going to move to Brooklyn and rename themselves the Brooklyn Nets.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 07:03:59 PM »
They are moving to the area where the Brooklyn Dodgers were supposed to have their new stadium at Atlantic and Flatbush Ave. 

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:35:11 PM »
Yes, it is a stupid idea for the Devils to be moving to Newark.  They had a hard enough time drawing in a white part of NJ.  I know someone who wanted to go to a Bon Jovi concert but was afraid to go to this new arena, though I think she should have gone anyway.  The Nets arena has a chance to be pretty good, I think.  They have a Jewish owner (Bruce Ratner) and he will be pumping a ton of money into the area.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 09:45:44 PM »
True, Yacov, but I root for them because the coach, Lawrence Frank, is Jewish, and they actually have a pretty good white player (Nachbar).

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 01:00:18 PM »
Where are The Nets playing now?

I think Joe Gutfeld is correct.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 01:04:23 PM »
But The Nets' players are mostly if not all black.

Probably at least 80% of NBA players are black.  Of the non-black players, many are international. 

Notice how there's no affirmative action where the league would be required to have more non-black players.