Author Topic: Movie Maker- How to make a slide show for JTF  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Movie Maker- How to make a slide show for JTF
« on: November 02, 2007, 04:23:19 PM »
Everybody has it on either windows XP/vista/98.

STEP 1: Choose a topic you'd like to make a slide show on.

STEP 2: Browse the web-through search engines- for images  relating to your topic. Save them on your computer/ make a folder to keep them organised. Don't just copy and paste the images.

STEP 3: Import the pictures, all you need to do is click the import button on the left hand side menu. You'll see it....hopefully.
After you've done that drag the pictures onto the timeline in whatever order you'd like.

STEP 4: Add text or a title by clicking "Title and credits" and after selecting what font etc, drag and drop your text at different points on the timeline.

STEP 5: Add sound if you want to improve your video, and also transitions which are simple effects that change your picture to picture in fancy ways.

STEP 6 All done! Publish your movie, this is in the top menu bar. Then you'll have your own slide show in avi format so you can upload it easily onto youtube and spread it around in favour of JTF.

Its a truly simple and quick way of doing something to help, in a way.
It can take half an hour at most, or 15min if you're quick.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Re: Movie Maker- How to make a slide show for JTF
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 04:39:01 PM »
Thanks Sarah, I will give it a try.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 11:07:37 AM »
Thank you Sarah,

As a result of your intructions I was able to make my own first video which is for the other site I help take care of:

Now I would LOVE to put some music in the background of this, but the audio is already set to him speaking.

Does anyone know how to make audio overlay over the talking through Windows Movie Maker????
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 11:11:47 AM »
Thank you Sarah,

As a result of your intructions I was able to make my own first video which is for the other site I help take care of:

Now I would LOVE to put some music in the background of this, but the audio is already set to him speaking.

Does anyone know how to make audio overlay over the talking through Windows Movie Maker????
I would like to get started making some video's also but really don't know where to start. I am sure we have some other members in this boat. Maybe we could set up a workshop to get folks started. Is something like that possible? 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:10:19 PM »
Thank you Sarah,

Thats wonderful Lubab! Great topic as well.

Honestly, I don't think the video needs music and if you're using moviemaker, it will interfere with the speaking and mess it up. Though you could try an extremely soft backing sound.

We may have different versions of moviemaker but its all the same i think.
If you look at the timeline, you can see that the video image is there as well as its audio which you have added seperately.
Below that -if you scroll down, there should be an empty section labelled Audio/Music. There you can add your sound. Just import your music, much easier if its wav or mp3 and  then drag it to the timeline. You can then adjust it, so forth.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 05:11:22 PM »
Thank you Sarah,

I would like to get started making some video's also but really don't know where to start. I am sure we have some other members in this boat. Maybe we could set up a workshop to get folks started. Is something like that possible? 

Do you have moviemaker cjd?

Or do you have a toshiba laptop at all?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 05:50:45 PM »
Thank you Sarah,

Do you have moviemaker cjd?

Or do you have a toshiba laptop at all?
I bought a HP laptop this past spring it has the Vista Premium in it. I still use my older desk tops more often so to be honest I haven't explored the new laptop much at all. I will have to check it out.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 05:55:02 PM »
Vista Premium is amazing.
You'll definitly have movie maker, it'll be there when you click start.
Or you might even have something called, Ulead DVD moviefactory which is even better.

Just fiddle about with them or click a few buttons and you'll begin to understand how it works easily. :)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 06:16:56 PM »
Thanks Sarah, The HP is a really nice computer and the Vista seems very user friendly. I will check it out one night this week when I have some extra time to get into it and look for them two programs.