Author Topic: Man who spat on Asian teen 'nasty', says judge  (Read 1062 times)

Kiwi

Man who spat on Asian teen 'nasty', says judge
« on: November 28, 2007, 04:01:18 AM »
Man who spat on Asian teen 'nasty', says judge
1:45PM Thursday November 22, 2007
By Rebecca Devine

A Taupo man who spat in an Asian teenager's face and told him to "get out of my country" has been labelled as nasty by a judge.

Brendon James Rimmer, 22, appeared in the Taupo District Court yesterday facing three charges of common assault.

He has pleaded guilty to the charges, which relate to an incident in Napier in July when Rimmer approached a group of four teenagers - aged between 15 and 17 - and verbally abused them before assaulting some of them.

Judge James Weir described Rimmer as "nasty" after hearing the details of the incident.

Rimmer ran up to a group of boys walking along Wycliffe St in Napier and began verbally abusing them, a police summary of facts said

Rimmer asked them "why are you hanging around with this [censored]?", the summary said.

He then asked the Asian teenager what he was doing in "my country" before saying "why are you here? Get out of my country".

Rimmer then spat in the teenager's face before hitting him in the face. Three of the boys escaped but one was left with Rimmer who pulled on his shirt, then asked why he was crying and threatened to "smack" him in the face.

Rimmer denied the assault when asked by police but admitted spitting in the Asian boy's face.

Rimmer was remanded on bail for a pre-sentence report and sentencing on February 7.

- Daily Post

newman

Re: Man who spat on Asian teen 'nasty', says judge
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 04:03:34 AM »
Maori?

Kiwi

Re: Man who spat on Asian teen 'nasty', says judge
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 04:05:58 AM »
Nope he is white. Just had enough of New Zealand being over run I expect.