Author Topic: Hello friends, have you been into the Hinduunity forums ever?  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Indira

• New JTFer
Hello friends, have you been into the Hinduunity forums ever?
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:39:11 PM »
It's all very pro-Israel, but everyone what is your thoughts on India and China.  the Hindu/Buddhist people, culture and cuisine - not the governments.
Do any practise some yoga or feng shui?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Hello friends, have you been into the Hinduunity forums ever?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:40:10 PM »
Yes i used to very good forum
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 01:41:49 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sounds intresting, can you provide us a link ?
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 01:43:47 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sounds intresting, can you provide us a link ?

http://www.hinduunity.org/
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Indira

• New JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 01:44:07 PM »
Do you like the culture of Hindu/sikh India and Buddhist China.  i was with friends in Shanghai, when the cross dressing disgrace of Israel won the Eurovision, My elders were very offended by that.  
China is a great holiday place, please try to go there and if you can visit the old temples of Orissa please.
You will get great cheap food as well, mostly vegetarian.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 03:43:03 PM »
  Hindus might come from a very different religious place from the rest of us, but we hold no quarrel with them.  As long as no one is calling for our destruction, it is all very "live and let live." 
  By the way, I love Indian food.  Americans could learn more about "real" food by going to an Indian restaurant.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 05:14:42 PM »

Hi Indira, welcome to the JTF forum. Hindu's are very nice people, as a matter of fact, the Jews that went to live in India were the only ones that weren't persecuted by the local people and lived in peace while they were there. We are all aware of it.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 08:49:52 PM »
Hindus are very nice people, there are many of them where I live.  They are intelligent, courteous, kind, respectful and cultured.  I think Hindu and Eastern Spiritualism is nice although I don't know much about it.  It seems to have a large emphasis on controlling the mind, which is something that I think is very useful.  I wish I knew yoga or how to meditate.  Finding peace of mind and being at peace with oneself is something that I would like to attain, so I think I will eventually look into meditation, I just don't have the time for it right now.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 08:51:40 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Offline Indira

• New JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 05:37:01 AM »
Get some good Feng shui books and Yoga books please.
I am actually a Punjabi sikh/hindu mixture, so I am not that dark skinned.
My father who is most definately a hindu called laxmi was waiting in a Airport next to an Israeli but the Israeli thought he was a Iranian.  The Israeli became a good family friend after he saw father's Indian passport.
Do you like the chinese too, they have loads of problems with muslims too.

newman

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 12:49:59 PM »
I LOVE Indian food. My favourite! :P

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »
Same here.  Love Indian food.  My sister in law teaches yoga and I tried it once.  It was great.  Need to get a little more flexible, though.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 01:00:59 PM »
Well, I entered Hindu Unity only once. I saw some politheism and clicked exit quickly. I have nothing against Hindus, but it's not for me. Yoga, never. Feng Shui only know a friend of mine practised it. But it's pure Avodah Zara. It may be ok for them. Not for Jews or Torah believers.
Hallachically a Jew or Noahide must not buy or have anything from India, since the manufacturer may have devoted his work to an idol. But I'm not so strict and now use Indian incense to enjoy the aroma. ( Just being carefull that there is no Avodah Zara prayers printed in the packet)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 01:30:44 PM »
Hallachically a Jew or Noahide must not buy or have anything from India, since the manufacturer may have devoted his work to an idol
Can you explaine please?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 01:35:51 PM »
It's all very pro-Israel, but everyone what is your thoughts on India and China.  the Hindu/Buddhist people, culture and cuisine - not the governments.
Do any practise some yoga or feng shui?
China is capable of resisting all foreign invasions I hope for them.
India's people are OK. The religion , seems moderate , is not a problem in Europe.
It is good to have more political ties with your people to help combat muslims' eastern aggression.

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 01:43:47 PM »
Re:  "...Hallachically a Jew or Noahide must not buy or have anything from India, since the manufacturer may have devoted his work to an idol...

If that is true, then a Jew or Noahide is absolutely forbidden to purchase any item manufactured in China, because China has taken over 100% of the former Indian idol manufacturing business in the same way they've taken over most Western manufacturing.

So...If what you write is true, no Jew or Noahide may own or purchase almost everything for sale today.

Now what do you have to say?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 01:50:39 PM »
Quote from: MassuhDGoodName link=topic=9700.msg#msg date=
Re:  "...Hallachically a Jew or Noahide must not buy or have anything from India, since the manufacturer may have devoted his work to an idol...

If that is true, then a Jew or Noahide is absolutely forbidden to purchase any item manufactured in China, because China has taken over 100% of the former Indian idol manufacturing business in the same way they've taken over most Western manufacturing.

So...If what you write is true, no Jew or Noahide may own or purchase almost everything for sale today.

Now what do you have to say?

What do you mean "almost"?  ;D
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 01:57:11 PM »
I don't go to Hindu forums but I do study an Indian book called Kamasutra for Dummies. I am learning loads of new stuff !
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 02:13:17 PM »
Well, a Jew who's studied Torah would explain it better than me. But according to Hallacha, Christianity is Shituf ( that is believing someone or something helps Hashem to guide the world, it may be Jesus, a star, etc....). Shituf is Avodah Zarah only if done by a Jew, but not by a goy. Worshipping some idol or power and believing it is independent fron Hashem is Avodah Zarah for both Jews and Gentiles.
There are several reason not to have or buy anything made or used by an idolator.
1- The idolator may have devoted the object or his effort to an idol.
2- If you have trade, sell or buy from an idolator, he may use what you sell to him or the money you pay to commit idolatry.

Atheism is also forbidden for both Jews and Gentiles, but there is no problem with having trade with them. Thier objects are not devoted to any idol, and he won't use the money to commit atheism. For example you may sell a candle to an atheist since he would use it only to light his house. He is a sinner, but you don't help him to sin even more.

I'm not an expert about far East culture, but I think most Chinese are Budhist or Confucianist, those are philosophies, not religions. Budhism is a form of Atheism, and it would be forbidden for goyim also, but you are not forbidden to have trade with them.

Anyway, nowadays it is nearly impossible to follow those rules. Even a Christian by name, may practise Avodah zara superstitions. And I would dare to say that there may be also Jews who commit idolatry.
If you really want to know what to do, then you'd need a Rav.