Torah and Jewish Idea > Torah and Jewish Idea

Spice boxes for Havdalah

(1/4) > >>

Eliezer Ben Avraham:
Does anyone know what the besamim symbolizes? I understand the havdalah candle and the wine, but what does the besamim represent?

Tzvi Ben Roshel1:

--- Quote from: lou13ss on November 06, 2007, 09:40:20 PM ---Does anyone know what the besamim symbolizes? I understand the havdalah candle and the wine, but what does the besamim represent?

--- End quote ---

Not sure about  what they represent, but you smell it (or something pleasent) in order to "appease" (dont have the right word ) your regular soul, becuase the extra Shabb-t soul has left you.

Tzvi Ben Roshel1:

--- Quote from: Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim on November 11, 2007, 12:39:41 AM ---It's also to comfort you knowing that the fires of Hell will start burning again now that Shabbat is over.

--- End quote ---

How does that comfort you? Anyway, I believe that the fires of Hell stop only for those Jews who have kept Shabb-ahht.

Eliezer Ben Avraham:

--- Quote from: Tzvi Ben Roshel on November 11, 2007, 12:49:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim on November 11, 2007, 12:39:41 AM ---It's also to comfort you knowing that the fires of Hell will start burning again now that Shabbat is over.

--- End quote ---

How does that comfort you? Anyway, I believe that the fires of Hell stop only for those Jews who have kept Shabbat.

--- End quote ---
Judaism doesn't believe in hell, just Olam habah. I think that what that means is if you lived according to G-d's will you will be immortalized and if you didnt your death will signal your end

OdKahaneChai:

--- Quote from: lou13ss on November 11, 2007, 10:16:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tzvi Ben Roshel on November 11, 2007, 12:49:45 AM ---

--- End quote ---

How does that comfort you? Anyway, I believe that the fires of Hell stop only for those Jews who have kept Shabbat.

--- End quote ---
Judaism doesn't believe in hell, just Olam habah. I think that what that means is if you lived according to G-d's will you will be immortalized and if you didnt your death will signal your end

--- End quote ---
Ever heard of Gehinom?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version