Author Topic: Gays  (Read 11216 times)

fake plastic trees

Re: Gays
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 05:38:56 PM »
Everyone occasionally feels a temptation to do something that is wrong, a good person is one who recognises these temptations for what they are, and ignores them. Of course, focussing on G-d and praying reduces the amount of such temptations that you feel.

All sins are crimes against G-d and some are crimes against other men, if you are saying that anyone who has committed homosexual acts should kill themself, where do you stop? Should liars kill themselves?
Should blasphemers kill themselves?

I could go on...

Having felt an attraction to someone of the same gender is not a reason to kill yourself, as long as you recognise such a thought as evil and do not in any way act on it, you have not done anything wrong.

Even if you have done something wrong, it is still not a reason to kill yourself, in killing yourself you would be doing something else wrong, two wrong things do not cancel out.

If you have done one thing wrong, the important thing is to recognise it as wrong, the repent and to endeavor not to do it again, killing yourself gets you no where.

Everyone in this world has done many many many things wrong, if all "sinners" were to kill themselves, the population of this world would be zero.

No one has the right to say that they are better than anyone else, we are all guilty of sin.

fake plastic trees, stop judging people, and, if this is your idea of a joke, just get lost.

This is not my idea of a joke... i feel VERY strongly that homosexuality is wrong, unnatural and is unacceptable.  Any person who feels homosexual tendancies (G-d forbid) is a person who has commited a fundamental sin and does not deserve to live in the world that G-d has created as they do not conform to G-d's rules.

Rhuan

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 05:43:46 PM »
Having an evil thought, a single evil thought, and instantly recognising it as evil, and totally discrediting it still means that you must die? Just because you've had the thought?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 05:54:31 PM by Rhuan »

fake plastic trees

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 05:49:18 PM »
i believe that anyone who has these thoughts is going against nature.

hence they have committed a capital offence.

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 06:30:16 PM »
David and Jonathan, Saul's son, were homosexual lovers - and yet David is beloved in the eyes of the L-rd, so much so that G-d chose David's line as the line that would produce the Messiah.   ???

Rhuan

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 06:37:00 PM »
Were they? Give me a reference for that one.

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 06:48:42 PM »

It is written that the love they felt for each other surpassed the love of women.  But it was not a terminal sin on David's part because he went on to have many wives and children later.  Young men bonding with each other or even having erotic moments is not unusual and in fact may be essential to a fully-rounded and dynamic personality, which heroes like David require.

shimonchaim

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 08:05:26 PM »

It is written that the love they felt for each other surpassed the love of women.  But it was not a terminal sin on David's part because he went on to have many wives and children later.  Young men bonding with each other or even having erotic moments is not unusual and in fact may be essential to a fully-rounded and dynamic personality, which heroes like David require.
ok get thee hence satan you should go to hell immediately for thinking david hamelech and johnathan were gay it says the love they had together was stronger than the love for women was because they cared for one another without doing it for sexual benifet

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 09:04:02 PM »

Get thee, you are wrong.  There is no proof in the Tanak that King David and Prince Jonathan were gays. Please do not slander Biblical heroes like this.  King David  did not even have sex with Abishag, a little girl in his old age even though she was given as a legal wife to him by others. 1st Kings 1:4
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 10:06:21 PM »
KING DAVID WAS NOT A HOMO!

I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT, BECAUSE I SAW THE MOVIE WHERE HE & SUSAN HEYWARD "DID IT" WHEN HER MAN URIAH THE HITTITE WAS "OUT OF TOWN"!

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2006, 11:37:05 PM »
The very concept that David HaMelech was a homosexual is disgusting and has not the slightest basis in reality or fact I would like to see anyone who even suggests such evil immedialtley banned. David followed the Torah through and through and was a phrophet. I would recommened anyone who even hints at such lies go to David's Kever and beg michela for such a terribnle avera s to speak lashon hara about the Eved of Hashem
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 12:20:51 AM »
KING DAVID WAS NOT A HOMO!

I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT, BECAUSE I SAW THE MOVIE WHERE HE & SUSAN HEYWARD "DID IT" WHEN HER MAN URIAH THE HITTITE WAS "OUT OF TOWN"!

HAHAHAHAHA

Get the hence, where on earth did you learn that? Who is teaching you this weird stuff you are coming up with? Is this a denomination of some sort? I mean this in a respectful way... You should really question who ever is telling you this stuff. I think you have a good heart but that's really taking something out of context in a really wrong way. If you read the whole thing, you can't possibly think Kind David was gay, heaven forbid. Again, I really do think you mean right and have good intention but I have NEVER heard that mistranslation in all my life and I'd like to think I've studied it.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

fake plastic trees

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 03:12:24 PM »

oh, how DISGUSTING

shimonchaim

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 06:48:24 PM »
i believe he should be banned just for thinking that and giving people the wrong impression

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 08:51:24 PM »
No, don't ban him, he is a good poster.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 03:10:22 PM »

Frequently in Tehilim, Mishlei, Kohelet, and in the Mishna and Talmud, the love for G-d
that a righteous person should feel is likened to the love the a man feels for a woman.
Just as a man cleaves unto his wife, so any person should cleave unto G-d.  And if you
haven't served in a combat unit under awful conditions (and you clearly haven't), then
you won't understand how a group of men can become very close, love each other,
be willing to sacrifice their lives for each other, without it having to do anything with
sex.

You really disturb me, Satan.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

fake plastic trees

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 06:20:46 PM »
You really disturb me, Satan.
good point...

fake plastic trees

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 06:22:01 PM »
i believe he should be banned just for thinking that and giving people the wrong impression

i think so...

he also reguarly offends me with his sweeping generalisations about mixed-race couples, a topic that is personal to me and my mixed rach girlfriend.