Author Topic: 1,000 protest against Islamic school  (Read 2883 times)

Kiwi

1,000 protest against Islamic school
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:19:31 PM »
This is soo wrong! >:( >:( >:(

Around 1,000 people rallied against plans to build a large Islamic school in south-west Sydney last night.

The Quranic society has lodged a development application for a 1,200-place school with Camden Council but Mayor Chris Paterson says there have already been 284 submissions against the proposal.

Councillor Paterson says most of the opposition is on planning and traffic grounds.

One woman speaking at last night's meeting said residents were concerned about traffic and they did not want people from Muslim backgrounds like in areas closer to Sydney.

"I believe in everyone having their own religion, whether they're Catholic, Church of England or Muslims - they're fine - but I've seen what's happened at Bankstown," she said.

"Bankstown used to be a really nice town. People are terrified."

Local federal MP Pat Farmer, who also attended the meeting, says it is not a racist issue.

"It's more an issue of council consulting with the local people in their area to be able to have a say in what goes on in their area," he said.

Mr Farmer says people are concerned that the historic rural feeling of their town may change.

"Council requires an application if you want to do something as little as setting up a barbecue area out in your backyard to a pergola, let alone fences around your property. Council has a say in all of that," he said.

"The people are saying, 'Well, those sorts of things are up for scrutiny by the neighbours. Why shouldn't any large piece of infrastructure be up for scrutiny by the neighbours?'"

Meeting organiser Emil Frenchevich has told ABC Local Radio people have a right to have a say about their community without being labelled racist.

"Let the people decide," he said. "Why is it that politicians always make these rules where they say, 'You must do this and you must do that,' irrespective of some so-called political correctness?"

Camden Council says it expects the matter to come before council early next year.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/06/2082626.htm

newman

Re: 1,000 protest against Islamic school
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 11:27:25 PM »
Good on them. 'Historic' Camden as they call it is a pretty place. Who wants a muslim sewer there?

At least we can oppose these things in Australia. In Britain, those thousand people would have been arrested for 'hate' crime.

Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 11:34:43 PM »
Where is the rest of the people protesting this, 1000 pfft there needs to be more.

newman

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 11:47:44 PM »
Where is the rest of the people protesting this, 1000 pfft there needs to be more.

Like the rest of the western world, they're too busy with shopping, celebrity gossip, 4-wheel-drives and investment real estate! >:(

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 12:17:56 AM »

Like the rest of the western world, they're too busy with shopping, celebrity gossip, 4-wheel-drives and investment real estate! >:(

If it was today it would of been the Melbourne Cup  :-X

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 10:33:19 PM »
What happened in Bankstown?
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 10:36:26 PM »
It got over run and the locals basically lost their area.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 04:47:15 AM »
It got over run and the locals basically lost their area.

Overrun by muzzies doing the usual muzzie things?
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 05:07:10 AM »
Pretty much  :(

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 05:09:08 AM »

Kiwi

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 04:10:08 AM »
Oh you are going to love this  :-\

A town's dirty secret

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/11/10/1194329563801.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

REAL-ESTATE agents on Sydney's south-western outskirts held a secret meeting over a controversial proposal to build an Islamic school at Camden, The Sun-Herald can reveal.

Property industry sources and concerned residents said agents at Wednesday night's meeting debated the issue of selling homes to Muslim families wanting to relocate to the area.

The news comes as some residents voiced outrage about the school, with at least three businesses organising petitions against the Quranic Society bid to build Camden College, a combined primary and high school with 1200 students.

Members of the real-estate community contacted by The Sun-Herald confirmed the meeting took place.

Real-estate agent Roslyn Baldwin said: "If anyone was colluding on not selling on that basis, I don't think they could do that [legally]."

An Elders staff member said the company's agents knew about the meeting but none had attended.

Allan Sharpe from Combined Real Estate Narellan said he was unaware of the meeting, but would have attended. Mr Sharpe said he would vote against any move to refuse selling homes to Muslim families, although he was opposed to the school itself.

"If a family of a Muslim faith came into my office tomorrow to purchase a home, myself or any of my sales team would show them respect," he said. "You can't pick and choose who you sell houses to."

Real-Estate Institute of NSW chief executive Tim McKibbin said he had no knowledge of the meeting.

The manager of Sinclairs newsagency and pharmacy in Camden, Kate Robbins, said the shop had a petition with 12 pages of signatures opposing the school, before an unknown woman grabbed the document and left the store.

"We called the police," she said. "We don't know who she was. We don't know if she was a Muslim and what if they get our names and addresses?

"This isn't about race, but why can't they go to a school with our kids? We don't want them here building a school just for them. Pretty much everyone who comes in here agrees and signs the petition."

A large wooden crucifix had been erected at the school's proposed site, accompanied by a Bible passage that reads: "David and Goliath. The battle is won. This is the King of Kings Land. Prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. (Eph 6:18)."

Residents appalled by the protests have ripped down signs and banners that read "No Muslims".

Adding to the anti-Muslim sentiment are rumours circulating in the town that a mosque is planned for the old Camden High School site and Muslims have been trying to buy up local shops.

The State Government has denied a mosque will be built.

Jeremy Bingham, a former Sydney lord mayor working on the proposed Islamic school, said much of the local response had been "outright prejudice against Muslims".

Mr Bingham said the Camden community must learn to accept it had been nominated by the State Government as a growth area and would become part of south-western Sydney.

"There has been an emotional response to this issue but it is outright prejudice against Muslims," he said. "In the next 30 years the population in Camden will increase from 50,000 to 215,000.

"The people who have lived in Camden are used to the country town and they don't want to see it change. They are going to be part of the greater metropolitan Sydney."

Mr Bingham said he had been working with the Quranic Society to prepare the development application for the Islamic school.

Up to 1000 people protested last week against the building of the Islamic school. It has outraged residents, some of whom say it would bring violence to the suburb and turn it into a "dirty looking town like Lakemba".

Camden MP Geoff Corrigan said the issue would be dealt with fairly before Camden Council.

Federal Labor candidate for Macarthur Nick Bleasdale said he was opposed to the school on the grounds of inadequate infrastructure.

Public submissions on the plan close on November 13 and the council will vote on the proposal in February.

newman

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 04:18:55 AM »
Out of 1200 students roaming the streets, at least 300 will be males 15-18 years of age all tought that it's perfectly OK to rape any woman not dressed in a garbage bag.

Gee whiz, why wouldn't any community want that?  ::)

Kiwi

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 04:24:35 AM »

Regional Australia's not racist, but...

By Brendan Shanahan

November 09, 2007 01:00am
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

I'VE only been to Camden once.

I got lost trying to find a toilet on the way to Canberra, an anecdote I offer not to disrespect the citizens of this charming rural hamlet on Sydney's outskirts but to illustrate the fact that, since John Macarthur established the Australian wool industry there in 1803, very little of note has happened in Camden.

Until Tuesday night, that is, when 1000 people turned up to protest over a proposal to build a 1200-student Islamic school in the town.

Overnight, Camden became Dodge City, complete with cheering mobs and wide-brimmed hats. All that was missing were lanterns on poles and a new sheriff riding into town wearing a poncho.

"Muslims, they're fine," announced one protester, before listing numerous reasons why they're really not that fine.

Another cried: "They have bought land at Picton. They have bought land at Goulburn. Watch out Australia!"

The next day a local business owner appeared on the news claiming, in conspiratorial tones, that she had received offers to sell out to people "from Bankstown".

This was evidence, she suggested, that "they" were trying to "take over Camden".

Camden residents are keen to deny that their protests are based in prejudice, claiming they object to the school on the basis of "inadequate infrastructure".

But if comments posted on the Camden Advertiser's blog on the subject are any guide, then this is nothing but a polite euphemism.

One resident complains of what he calls "premature Muslimism", another of "certain ethnic denominations and the violence they bring".

Still another claims she "won't be walking the streets after 7pm".

And, yes, she has bought deadlocks for her house. Phew.

On the face of it, these objections seem a little, well, bigoted. After all, it's difficult to imagine such a virulent reaction to a Catholic or Jewish school (although the horrors of Range Rover-driving South African women who think Rose Bay is Kruger National Park should not be underestimated).

But it's not as simple as that and labelling the people of Camden "bigots" is as unhelpful as calling Muslims "rapists" and "extremists", among other epithets that have been bandied about on internet discussion groups.

The events in Camden are part of a wider drama being played out across Australia's urban fringe, where country towns are being swallowed up by the voracious monster of suburbia.

Camden is just another victim of the insane property boom which is forcing people to move further and further from the urban centres.

Camden is not a particularly multicultural place. But, like the rest of Sydney, it soon will be, whether it likes it or not.

This is an economic fact - the cultural implications are merely incidental.

Welcome to the big smoke, Camden.

You've got two choices: make the best of it or get out of Dodge.

I love this he cracks me up  :::D

newman

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 04:36:48 AM »
Typical idiot liberal journalist wanker!

Object to a culture of terrorism and rape and you're a 'biggot'! Yeah, right!!

Kiwi

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 04:52:04 AM »

I don't mind being called a Biggot, its far better someone calling out to me "hey woman fetch my camel"  8;)

newman

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 04:57:40 AM »

I don't mind being called a Biggot, its far better someone calling out to me "hey woman fetch my camel"  8;)

Or.........."Woman! Your face is not covered. You are a prostitute. Bend over".

Kiwi

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 05:07:15 AM »

A prostitute gets paid for sex, I wonder do muslim women get paid?

I know in the UAE they wear heaps of gold.  :-\

newman

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 05:13:24 AM »

A prostitute gets paid for sex, I wonder do muslim women get paid?

I know in the UAE they wear heaps of gold.  :-\

It's not what they'll get for having sex, it's what they'll get if they don't. An iSSlamic marriage is probably like life in a male prison. Either cop it, or get your teeth knocked out and then cop it.

kellymaureen

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 05:29:19 AM »
Are there THAT many muslim families in Camden that they require a school to accomodate them...OR are they building this school (sure to be followed by some huge eyesore mosque) to ATTRACT muslims to that town....because we all know why muslims are in any given civilized country, to SPREAD ISLAM....so they need to spread out and this is how they do it.
This happened in both Florida and Texas, where there was a proposal to build huge mosques, yet there were hardly any muslims in the area...the town in Texas is the one where they bought the ranch land next to a rancher who took exception to them and told them he would be holding pig races and a pork bbq every friday right along the property line ^-^

Kiwi

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 06:33:25 AM »
LMAO have miss piggy contests  :::D