Author Topic: Human Rights Watch: Palestinian women victims of systemic violence  (Read 4437 times)

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
The joys of the "religion of peace"... (hat tip to JihadWatch)

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/middleeast/2006/November/middleeast_November104.xml&section=middleeast&col=

RAMALLAH, West Bank - A new report paints an alarming picture of the abuse of women in the Palestinian territories, with police, courts and government agencies failing to treat violence such as rape and beatings as a crime.

The New York-based Human Rights Watch cited practices such as rape victims being forced to marry assailants and light sentences for men who kill female relatives suspected of adultery. It said families, tribal leaders and authorities, backed by tradition and discriminatory laws, often sacrifice victims’ interests for family honor.’

The problem is only getting worse with growing poverty and lawlessness in the West Bank and Gaza, the report said.

According to a survey by the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics of more than 4,000 households in December 2005 and January 2006, 23 percent of the women said they had experienced domestic violence, but just over 1 percent filed a complaint. Two-thirds said they were subjected to psychological abuse at home.

Mair said Human Rights Watch singled out the Palestinian territories -- as opposed to investigating abuses in another traditional societies -- because of concern that the abuse will increase and because some Palestinian government officials have signaled they are ready for change. This made us optimistic we have something to work with,’ she said.

The report, based on dozens of interviews with victims, social workers, lawyers and police chiefs in the West Bank and Gaza, found that abusers are granted virtual immunity.

Rapists who marry their victims are not prosecuted, and such deals are often arranged by the families, tribal leaders and local police chiefs.

Even those assigned to protect the victims often push for such an outcome. The director of the West Bank’s only shelter for teenage girls is quoted as saying she arranged five such marriages in her six-year tenure.

The law is lenient with men who kill female relatives because of adultery. Yet it bars rape and incest victims from having abortions. Rape within marriage is not considered a crime, the report said.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Human Rights Watch: Palestinian women victims of systemic violence
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 11:31:24 AM »
A hallmark of evil cultures is how they treat women.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Scriabin

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 11:34:48 AM »
A hallmark of evil cultures is how they treat women.

A hallmark of evil culture is the bad behavior of women.

Women influence men and not the other way around.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 01:08:40 PM »
Ridiculous.

Are you suggesting that women in muslim, east asian and black african countries have more power than men? That simply isn't true. A hallmark of evil culture is their mistreatment of women, just as mistreatment of Jews is a hallmark of an evil civilization.

I've seen a very anti-woman attitude developing on this forum and I quite frankly hate it. It takes a real cowardly scum of a man to persecute women.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Scriabin

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:12:47 PM »
Ridiculous.

Are you suggesting that women in muslim, east asian and black african countries have more power than men? That simply isn't true. A hallmark of evil culture is their mistreatment of women, just as mistreatment of Jews is a hallmark of an evil civilization.

I've seen a very anti-woman attitude developing on this forum and I quite frankly hate it. It takes a real cowardly scum of a man to persecute women.

Muslim men feel compelled to cover and mistreat their women for that very reason...because of the power that women have over them. Does that make it ok?  Of course not.

You should be careful before you defame another person as being 'cowardly,' anti-woman scum'.  I have very good reasons to back up my arguments.  If you want to debate fine.  Otherwise, adios.

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 02:27:34 PM »
Women influence men and not the other way around.
Men and women influence each other.  If only women influenced men, then Islamic societies would not be the hellish societies that they are.  Indeed, in Islamic societies, a woman influencing a man is the exception, and not the norm.  Walid Shoebat is an example of this rarity---his Christian wife influenced him to renounce his Islam and convert to Christianity.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 04:17:21 PM »
I was not calling you an anti-woman scum, Scriabin. I was simply pointing out that persecuting women makes any man a scum. I still disagree that women are persecuted because of the control they have over men. I would say it's because the muslim male is pathologically evil and needs an outlet for his violent beliefs. Mohammad himself says that women are virtual garbage in Islam.

Scriabin

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 04:30:27 PM »
I was not calling you an anti-woman scum, Scriabin. I was simply pointing out that persecuting women makes any man a scum. I still disagree that women are persecuted because of the control they have over men. I would say it's because the muslim male is pathologically evil and needs an outlet for his violent beliefs. Mohammad himself says that women are virtual garbage in Islam.

I agree that any man that lays a finger on a woman is scum and any society that persecutes them is likewise.  I simply feel that in our WESTERN society, women have tremendous power and influence over the behavior of men. 

I do not think that it is a good thing for women to dress and act like sluts.  Look around, slutty women are everywhere.  Why do they chose to be slutty?  Because they get tremendous attention from men. 

Women influence every facet of our western society, and we have become incapable of making objective decisions.  "Not all muslims are bad.  What about the poor women and children?"  These are feminized ideas.  The WWII generation was not feminized, they didn't worry about 'a few good nazis.'

I think that muhammed said those things about women because he felt tremendously threatened by them.

I'm going to the Redwood of Northern California.  Be back on Monday. :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 10:14:00 AM by Scriabin »

adam613

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 09:33:31 PM »
Isn't human rights a far leftist group anyway.  I don't think they should be trusted anyway but here is my stab at this.

> The New York-based Human Rights Watch cited practices such as rape victims being forced to marry assailants and light sentences for men who kill female relatives suspected of adultery. It said families, tribal leaders and authorities, backed by tradition and discriminatory laws, often sacrifice victims’ interests for family honor.

There is evidence of honor killings in even places like Jordan where the women are educated so I would believe that there are some cases of honor killings although I don't know of what rate it is done.

>    According to a survey by the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics of more than 4,000 households in December 2005 and January 2006, 23 percent of the women said they had experienced domestic violence, but just over 1 percent filed a complaint. Two-thirds said they were subjected to psychological abuse at home.

About this I have my doubts. Domestic Violence has become basically anything a man does that a women doesn't like is Domestic Violence. PSYCHOLOGICAL ABUSE IS ONLY DONE BY MEN? PLEASE? Studies have shown that women commit physical violence which is defined as violence that can seriously injure the other party in relationship just as much as men do. Furthermore, you have to look at the whole case. I just posted an article in a women who was a feminist who worked in a women shelter. She quickly find out that it many of these women were very violent and were in no way innocent. She recognized as all the serious studies have that domestic violence is a two way street.  She wanted to bring this out that it isn't only men. You know what these feminists did to her for not towing the line that only men abuse. They threatened her with DEATH THREATS. They vandalized her property and killed her dog. They heckled her where ever she spoke with these feminists having signs that read ALL MEN ARE RAPISTS.
The UN And Amnesty International support women shelters and this feminist propaganda. .(The one world women's order) That's should tell you enough if this is believable. I posted an article in the morality section about some of what mentioned above of FEMINISTS SEVERELY ABUSING WOMEN WHO DON"T FOLLOW THEIR AGENDA.