0 (0%)
Ramadan
0 (0%)
Camel day
0 (0%)
Easter bunny rabbits
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What's your favorite Jewish Holiday?  (Read 5992 times)

newman

Re: What's your favorite Jewish Holiday?
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 01:16:59 AM »
Chanukah is the most relevant lesson for our times.

It's about how righteous nations must destroy the self-haters, traitors, turncoats and evil doers in their own midst BEFORE they destroy an external enemy.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »
Chanukah is the most relevant lesson for our times.

It's about how righteous nations must destroy the self-haters, traitors, turncoats and evil doers in their own midst BEFORE they destroy an external enemy.
And NOT about "presents," or any other goyishe meshugas!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 02:33:04 PM »
  My favorite Jewish holiday is Barbra Streisand's birthday... :)
It also could be one of the ones that include food, and how you're gonna give me some...
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 02:42:01 PM »
It also could be one of the ones that include food, and how you're gonna give me some...

On April 24th each year, you want Barbra Streisand to give you some.....? Some what? The woman's 65 and 5 months shy of 66. Unless you're a liberal Christian, at this moment she's not interested. ;D

newman

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 02:43:55 PM »

On April 24th each year, you want Barbra Streisand to give you some.....? Some what? The woman's 65 and 5 months shy of 66. Unless you're a liberal Christian, at this moment she's not interested. ;D

If that woman has one more facelift she'll have a beard.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 02:51:45 PM »

I meant two different things ;D  uggh The thought of the big nose is VERY SCARY!!  I was thinking that any Jewish holiday that involves food is my favorite, and you Jews better give me some! ;D :D
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

newman

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2007, 02:56:57 PM »

I meant two different things ;D  uggh The thought of the big nose is VERY SCARY!!  I was thinking that any Jewish holiday that involves food is my favorite, and you Jews better give me some! ;D :D

Aren't all Jewish holidays pretty similar?......................... "They tried to kill us, we're still here, now let's eat".

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 03:00:13 PM »

Aren't all Jewish holidays pretty similar?......................... "They tried to kill us, we're still here, now let's eat".
Basically.  As my friend Marty says, "People say we're the people of the Book - we're the people of the Fork."

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 01:11:03 AM »
Taisha B'Av, because it is the day our temple will be liberated. We want Moshiach now.

Oh come on!  Pesach man! That's when Gd shows Himself to the first Israelite nation..the first time we got liberated!

T'sha B'Av Temple coming again...what kind of holiday is that? We're supposed to be sad that day and hope for the future for modern times..doesn't count in my book.  ::)

This is the holiday when the Moshiach was born, it is the holiday when the temple will be liberated and it is the holiday when the temple will be rebuilt. This is a serious holiday that should be a mixture of joy and sorrow. It might not be the most "joyful" holiday, but the question was what my "favorite" holiday is.
   This is the holiday when I turn on my TV after it end and hope the cancer no longer exists on top of our temple mount.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?