Author Topic: The Qur'an  (Read 3345 times)

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
The Qur'an
« on: March 09, 2009, 03:48:11 PM »
As I said in my post a few days ago, I was interested in studying Islam. So I started reading the Koran yesterday, and I'm now on chapter 4. I am quite surprised by what I've seen. I thought it would be pagan-like, and very violent. I was surprised, so I thought maybe you guys can explain the following sentences for me:

*ps. please do not accuse me of being pro-Moslem. I'm just wondering if the RELIGION Islam is as bad as I have been taught*

004.002 To orphans restore their property (When they reach their age), nor substitute (your) worthless things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by mixing it up) with your own. For this is indeed a great sin.

004.005 To those weak of understanding Make not over your property, which Allah hath made a means of support for you, but feed and clothe them therewith, and speak to them words of kindness and justice.

004.007 From what is left by parents and those nearest related there is a share for men and a share for women, whether the property be small or large,-a determinate share.
004.008 But if at the time of division other relatives, or orphans or poor, are present, feed them out of the (property), and speak to them words of kindness and justice.

004.017 Allah accept the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy: For Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.

004.019 O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may Take away part of the dower ye have given them,-except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good.

004.030 If any do that in rancour and injustice,- soon shall We cast them into the Fire: And easy it is for Allah.

004.036 Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbours who are near, neighbours who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious;-

004.086 When a (courteous) greeting is offered you, meet it with a greeting still more courteous, or (at least) of equal courtesy. Allah takes careful account of all things.

004.090: those who join a group between whom and you there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with hearts restraining them from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. If Allah had pleased, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you: Therefore if they withdraw from you but fight you not, and (instead) send you (Guarantees of) peace, then Allah Hath opened no way for you (to war against them).

004.110  If any one does evil or wrongs his own soul but afterwards seeks Allah's forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

004.124 If any do deeds of righteousness,- be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them.

004.135  O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

004.148 Allah loveth not that evil should be noised abroad in public speech, except where injustice hath been done; for Allah is He who heareth and knoweth all things.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:53:58 PM by MosheTheZionist »

Offline MosheTheZionist

• Junior JTFer
Re: The Qur'an
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »
Ah thank you. Well, next I shall read chapter two, since I just read1 (really short), 3 and 4 so far. So 2 is a violent chapter it seems from your post. Right?

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:12:36 PM »
As I said in my post a few days ago, I was interested in studying Islam. So I started reading the Koran yesterday, and I'm now on chapter 4. I am quite surprised by what I've seen. I thought it would be pagan-like, and very violent. I was surprised, so I thought maybe you guys can explain the following sentences for me:

*ps. please do not accuse me of being pro-Moslem. I'm just wondering if the RELIGION Islam is as bad as I have been taught*

004.002 To orphans restore their property (When they reach their age), nor substitute (your) worthless things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by mixing it up) with your own. For this is indeed a great sin.

004.005 To those weak of understanding Make not over your property, which Allah hath made a means of support for you, but feed and clothe them therewith, and speak to them words of kindness and justice.

004.007 From what is left by parents and those nearest related there is a share for men and a share for women, whether the property be small or large,-a determinate share.
004.008 But if at the time of division other relatives, or orphans or poor, are present, feed them out of the (property), and speak to them words of kindness and justice.

004.017 Allah accept the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy: For Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.

004.019 O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may Take away part of the dower ye have given them,-except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good.

004.030 If any do that in rancour and injustice,- soon shall We cast them into the Fire: And easy it is for Allah.

004.036 Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbours who are near, neighbours who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious;-

004.086 When a (courteous) greeting is offered you, meet it with a greeting still more courteous, or (at least) of equal courtesy. Allah takes careful account of all things.

004.090: those who join a group between whom and you there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with hearts restraining them from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. If Allah had pleased, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you: Therefore if they withdraw from you but fight you not, and (instead) send you (Guarantees of) peace, then Allah Hath opened no way for you (to war against them).

004.110  If any one does evil or wrongs his own soul but afterwards seeks Allah's forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

004.124 If any do deeds of righteousness,- be they male or female - and have faith, they will enter Heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them.

004.135  O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

004.148 Allah loveth not that evil should be noised abroad in public speech, except where injustice hath been done; for Allah is He who heareth and knoweth all things.

Yeah, this is how Mein Kampf written at the begining of the book too. What a surprise that both books have a similiar endings.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 10:50:07 AM »
Yeah... the Qur'an... my toilet paper.

Offline george_jtf

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 06:30:05 PM »
Yeah... the Qur'an... my toilet paper.

From one george to another:
I LOVE YOUR QURAN TOILET PAPER !!!! I downloaded it to my system and I am using it as my desktop background. I hope it's ok with you.
Thanx
George

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 06:32:31 PM »
It's ok ;)

But it's better if you use it and flush it down the toilet  ;D

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 12:35:05 AM »
Yes, that's right. There are very beautifull verses in the Koran, but all Muslims consider them anulled by latest verses. For example, one verse teaches that we must thank G-d for having created wine and enjoy it, another verse says that Muslims should avoid being drunk only for prayer (but they can drink at other times), the last says that wine and gambling are satanic. However Muslim go even beyond the last verse and forbid even food with traces of alcohol(no matter if evaporated during cooking).
So, no matter what the Koran may say, if Muslims have taken the task of killing "infidels", they are supposed not to rest until no non-Muslim is left. Or better until we have wiped them out before they destroy us!!!!!!
Hadith says "The resurrection of the dead will not come until Muslims have slain ALL Jews"
No matter if you are Zionist or anti-zionist, if you live in Israel or in the Diaspora, if Israel gives them land or not. They want Jews and all non-Muslims slain!!!
However not all Muslims take their religion so seriously and most of them would not be so violent if the West didn't give them any hope. Western Anti-Zionism encaurages them. Otherwise most of them would assimilate into moder world and keep only the label and some practises like prayers and fasts.

Offline ebode

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »
Muhammad was constantly going back on what he said to make the early umma follow him unconditionally.  He did this by claiming Allah revealed "new" information to him based on their current downturns.  For instance, before raiding Mecca, the umma was camping in Medina debating on whether or not they should carry out the raid, as Muhammad already "preached" for a life of peace (they were on the run and that generated sympathy for their cause).  Muhammad, after a meeting with his "chiefs", came out and said Allah newly revealed information to him that the raid was just.  Abu-Sufyan should have killed him on day one and none of this would be an issue.

So, any information in the earlier surras is probably voided in later ones.
"History may not repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme"
-Mark Twain(?)

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 04:46:16 PM »
I have one. And I read it as well as the Hadiths - just to have arguments when people want to tell me the islam means religion of peace. I take these satanic verses and show them - suddenly people get silent on claiming islam means peace!  ;D