Author Topic: Belgian beer wins prizes!  (Read 3001 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Belgian beer wins prizes!
« on: November 30, 2007, 04:56:57 AM »
Belgian beer wins prizes!
Six Belgian beer breweries were awarded prizes at the Brau Beviale in Nürenberg, Germany

Sat 17/11/07 - Belgian beer breweries won prizes in several categories of the 'European Beer Stars Awards in Nürnberg, Germany. The competition took place during the Nürnberg beer fair 'Brau Beviale'. More than 570 beers were judged and awards prizes in 40 different categories.

Affligem Brewery got the gold medal for its blond (white-coloured) abbey beer named after the brewery. The Affligem Double and Affligem Triple yeasting brews were awarded silver medals. Affligem Brewery is in Affligem, East Flanders.

(Affligem BDS)
Affligem blond beer won a gold medal
Het Anker Brewery from Mechelen won a gold medal for its 'Gouden Carolus' classic. The brewery De Landstheer in Antwerp province was awarded a gold medal for 'Malheur 10°' (Malheur is French for bad luck!).

The brewery De Halve Maan from Bruges received a silver medal for its 'Brugse Zo't and a bronze medal for its 'Brugse Zot Double' brew. 'Zot' is Dutch for 'crazy'.

Silver medals also went to the Brouwerij Roman brewery in the East Flemish town of Oudenaarde for its 'Sloeber', and to De Ryck brewery in Herzele, also in East Flanders, for its 'Arend triple'.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Belgian beer wins prizes!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 06:17:03 AM »
Never heard of these beers, imo Belgians due make pretty good beers. I enjoy for the most part european, mexican and some other beers but definitely not american. Anyways, an interesting post relating to belgian beer nonetheless.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 11:25:31 PM »
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 06:20:54 PM »
nice, hope to visit one day O0 8;)
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 06:36:17 PM »
nice, hope to visit one day O0 8;)

Can you find Westmalle Tripel in the shop where you live?
I found it in Scandinavia.

The West-Vleteren I haven't drunk in 5 years, because it is so hard to get, other beers "Trappist" are
generally much easier to get.
It is one of the products we are very proud of in Belgium.

I have no knowledge of typical Serbian products. Can you give a hint?

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 07:22:41 PM »
We have two beers, Jelen and Lav or Deer and Lion. Both are very heavy beers with high procentage of alcohol O0
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »
We have two beers, Jelen and Lav or Deer and Lion. Both are very heavy beers with high procentage of alcohol O0

Is that more than 12% alcohol?
I heard there is a beer of 28% in Yugoslavia.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 09:59:48 PM »

Is that more than 12% alcohol?
I heard there is a beer of 28% in Yugoslavia.
I did not drink one in years but as I could remember it was 1/2 L and more than 10% O0

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »
I think it would be a good idea drink one of these before the Jihanazis close down the breweries.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »

Are they good beers?