Author Topic: Indonesian boatpeople to be sent home  (Read 1670 times)

newman

Indonesian boatpeople to be sent home
« on: December 07, 2007, 04:21:49 AM »
Labor government passes first test on illegal immigration:

December 07, 2007 02:44pm

SIXTEEN Indonesians detained on Christmas Island are to be returned to Indonesia after interviews and health checks, Immigration Minister Chris Evans says.

Their claim to be economic refugees has been rejected as a legitimate reason for refugee status.

The three men, three women and 10 children were rescued from a leaking fishing boat in the Timor Sea on November 20 after their stricken vessel pulled up alongside the Jabiru Venture oil ship, 600km west of Darwin.

The families, from the Indonesian island of Roti, said they had been suffering economic losses from Australia's crackdown on illegal fishing in the region and had no choice but to flee their homeland.

But Senator Evans said his department had carefully explored with the group their reasons for travelling to Australia.

"On the information provided, my department is satisfied that they have not raised issues which might engage Australia's protection obligations," he said.

"This represents a firm but fair approach to the orderly migration of people to Australia."

Senator Evans said the asylum seekers had been treated fairly and been dealt with appropriately.

"They simply have not engaged our protection obligations under the Refugees Convention," he said.

"My department is making arrangements to return the group in coordination with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Indonesian government as soon as possible."

Senator Evans said he was a great supporter of the Refugees Convention and Australia was among the top three resettlement countries in the world.

"However, people from other countries do not have a right to stay in Australia just because they would be economically better off here," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22885897-29277,00.html

Kiwi

Re: Indonesian boatpeople to be sent home
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 04:52:28 AM »
"This represents a firm but fair approach to the orderly migration of people to Australia."

Interesting, I wonder how the Lefties will like them apples   O0

Away with boat people  :)

newman

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 04:56:55 AM »

Interesting, I wonder how the Lefties will like them apples   O0

Away with boat people  :)
The lefties will be choking on their tofu burgers because they want the sleuces opened up to allow turd world human excrement to flood in so they can salve their false white guilt.

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 05:04:34 AM »
White guilt always a funny thing. I love how people feel guilty for things they never have done.

If you are going to feel guilty at least do the deed in the first place.

I think people like feeling of owning it, because it proves how gutless and useless their pitiful lives have become.

Does afterall give them some meaning to get up in the morning.

I prefer the reason that I need to spend a penny, but hey each to their own.  8;) ^-^

newman

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 05:13:11 AM »
White guilt always a funny thing. I love how people feel guilty for things they never have done.

If you are going to feel guilty at least do the deed in the first place.

I think people like feeling of owning it, because it proves how gutless and useless their pitiful lives have become.

Does afterall give them some meaning to get up in the morning.

I prefer the reason that I need to spend a penny, but hey each to their own.  8;) ^-^

*******************LIBERAL DISEASES 1********************

One of MANY (of the COUNTLESS) phsycological  issues that the liberal has is a type of Munchausen's Syndrome by proxy.*

They are addicted to feelings of self-gratification, moral superiority and the need to attone for some imaginary past crimes of their forebares.
They are as addicted to these needs as a junkie is to his crack fix.
In porder to get THEIR 'fix', they require victims. They endlessly search out victims. Where there are NO victims, they will create victims. They have absolutely NO intention of eliminating the causes of victimhood, because the victim serves as the vehical for their fix.

Once they locate the victim, the liberal wallows in the victims misery (often a creation of liberal policy...like a fireman who moonlights as an arsenist). This is liberal 'foreplay'. They then apportion blame for the victim's situation on whites, the church, capitalism, guns, conservatives or anyone else EXCEPT the the real culprits- liberals or the victim himselfe. This is liberal 'copulation'. They then proceed to demand punitive measures against the scapegoats on their list  to private the victim . And demand legislative change that will inflict suffering on the majority community. This is the liberal 'climax'. They then bask in the warm inner glow of self-righteousness and the adulation of other liberals. This is the liberal 'laying back with a cigarette'.

This process must be repeated constantly, throughout the liberal's lifetime. The frequency of the acts depends on the voraciousness of the individual liberal's appetites.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchausen_syndrome

Kiwi

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 06:27:51 AM »
Munchausen's I ever thought about that but you are dead on.  O0

newman

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »
Munchausen's I ever thought about that but you are dead on.  O0
Sociological Munchausen's. It took a while to make the leap but facts prove my theory.