Hard Rock
Classic Rock
Country
Reggae
Classical
Ethnic
Middle Eastern
Show Tunes
I'm Muslim and by decree of Koran, supposed to hate all music!

Author Topic: Poll: Which music do you hate the most?  (Read 11893 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Poll: Which music do you hate the most?
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2007, 01:17:01 AM »
Definitely rap, alternative and middle eastern.

Some R&B is some of the best music around!  R&B from the 50s and 60s was fantastic music.  Of course the R&B of today is garbage.  Most alternative (which I associate to be typical radio rock and MTV rock) is absolute garbage.  I actually like lots of reggae, the fact that it's made by schvartzas doesn't really bother me although I don't listen to it often.  Bob Marley has some of the best tunes ever! 

How can anyone hate ethnic music?  There's something for everyone!  Russian, klezmer, Brazilian, Romanian, gypsy, even bluegrass there are so many fantastic kinds of ethnic music.

Middle eastern (arabic music) is probably the worst music on the planet.  I would almost rather listen to rap than arabic music, as hard as that it so say. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 01:39:43 AM »
Rap.  (Except for Weird All yankovic, 'Amish paradise' is pure gold)

OOohmm pah pah music (aka Mexican ranchero music with a tuba in the background)

Any kind of folk music from any country.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007, 01:56:42 AM »
I hate the rap the most even though some of the big name rap music groups such as Wu Tang Clan support Israel and have shown this in their lyrics...

I don't promote any music that endorses violence unless it is in self defense..

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 03:30:52 AM »
You have good taste Mills!

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 06:13:25 AM »
Billy Ray Cyrus, the biggest abomination in the history of music.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 07:15:20 AM »
Men singing gay songs.

What's a gay song?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 07:17:44 AM »

Some R&B is some of the best music around!  R&B from the 50s and 60s was fantastic music.  Of course the R&B of today is garbage.  Most alternative (which I associate to be typical radio rock and MTV rock) is absolute garbage.  I actually like lots of reggae, the fact that it's made by schvartzas doesn't really bother me although I don't listen to it often.  Bob Marley has some of the best tunes ever! 

How can anyone hate ethnic music?  There's something for everyone!  Russian, klezmer, Brazilian, Romanian, gypsy, even bluegrass there are so many fantastic kinds of ethnic music.

Middle eastern (arabic music) is probably the worst music on the planet.  I would almost rather listen to rap than arabic music, as hard as that it so say. 

call me a self-hating Jew, Gd forbid, but I happen to like the middle eastern and Arabic sounding music...I'm not talking about the mosque music "alllllllllawwwwww akkkbaaaaaaaaaaaar it is hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwt...jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhhhhhhwwwwwaaaaaaad alllllllllllaaaaaaaaaa we like camel dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnng."
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 07:36:47 AM »

call me a self-hating Jew, Gd forbid, but I happen to like the middle eastern and Arabic sounding music...I'm not talking about the mosque music "alllllllllawwwwww akkkbaaaaaaaaaaaar it is hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwt...jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhhhhhhwwwwwaaaaaaad alllllllllllaaaaaaaaaa we like camel dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnng."

Of course ,  Western Music is something completely different than the music of the Jews 2000 years ago.
By voting Middle Eastern I meant Arabian, I hate them a little bit, and so I also start to hate the Arabian language,
that's why, as long it is instrumental I can live with it.

Normally I hate M.E. music, and especially Turks and Arabs who drive  around with luxury cars and put the volume up so the whole street can hear their camel songs...

I do think that it should be forbidden to loudly play arab music in Europe ( car sound system, 'headphones' you can hear 10 m far, or now, the latest gadgets ; mobile phones they use to terrorise the people on the busses in Belgium)
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 08:01:16 AM »

Of course ,  Western Music is something completely different than the music of the Jews 2000 years ago.
By voting Middle Eastern I meant Arabian, I hate them a little bit, and so I also start to hate the Arabian language,

Normally I hate M.E. music, and especially Turks and Arabs who drive  around with luxury cars and put the volume up so the whole street can hear their camel songs...

I do think that it should be forbidden to loudly play arab music in Europe ( car sound system, 'headphones' you can hear 10 m far, or now, the latest gadgets ; mobile phones they use to terrorise the people on the busses in Belgium)

the truth is, by Islamic decree, these people playing any type of music would be stoned or really punished badly for listening to music. mohammed found music to be illegal.

this is what i heard on the Spencer speech about Islam..can anyone site this?

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 08:43:26 AM »

the truth is, by Islamic decree, these people playing any type of music would be stoned or really punished badly for listening to music. mohammed found music to be illegal.

The taliban did forbid all music.

In Iran western music is not tolerated. But I'm sure everybody likes it, just like in the Soviet union.
Classical western music and Persian music are promoted.
The Arab countries have all music on tv/ radio.
Sometimes the theory and the reality are far way in Arabia...
That doesn't mean I defend them...
But if you would hate Arabian music, you'd hate elements of it that are part of the Eastern Church music too.
As a matter of fact, the liturgic music in the Catholic church was de-Easternised, ( Pope Gregorius - Gregorian chant )by omitting quarter-tones, and the chromatic scale. This makes a huge difference with arab/eastern music.
honestly I hate Eastern music, but that is because I hate lyrics in Arab, or Turkish.
I do not hate Syrian Christian liturgic music,
I do not hate the music of the Orthodox Church.
Jewish liturgical music , is fine for me too.

Only in 1500 chromatic scales really come back in to use. The humanists start reading works by Greek theoreticians,
and subsequently took over ( completely wrong BTW) these theories to invent new music .

But any Jew should study liturgical music, to know, pop-music/Western Classical has nothing to do with the Jewish Culture,
it was by the Catholic Church Western Music became what we know today.

Of course in the 18/19/20th century there were fantastic Jewish composers such as Mendelssohn/Mahler,
but to be able to work as composer they were forcibly converted to Christianity.

Anyway , you can hear Jewish roots in Mahler's music, the clarinets, xylophone doublings of the violins, make a distinctive character, that I would call Jewish, but I don't know if I am right about that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:45:12 AM by Ambiorix »
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 02:47:55 PM »
Men singing gay songs.

What's a gay song?

Mika and all of his songs. Or homosexual men with make up singing.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 02:54:36 PM »

Drums and singing itself is not considered bad at all. Its just some musical instruments like the flute and other types that are considered bad. Though it is controversial, and different schools of islamic thought have differing opinions.

Most muslim countries are crazy about music.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2007, 03:10:07 PM »
I hate Showtunes!  And more than anything, the completely illogical "This is Why I'm Hot" and High School Musical!  Worst movie ever, worst music ever!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2007, 03:24:20 PM »
I hate Showtunes!  And more than anything, the completely illogical "This is Why I'm Hot" and High School Musical!  Worst movie ever, worst music ever!

Kids love High School Musical. ;D

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2007, 03:33:20 PM »
You guys should listen to bollywood/indian films music  O0 O0 O0 O0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vriGoVd3r94

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jx5RiytQUyM

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2007, 04:03:32 PM »
Kids love High School Musical. ;D
Grr... The plotline is thinner than a Liberal Argument!

Kids, can you say "Straight to Video"?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

ftf

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2007, 04:24:42 PM »
As people are recommending music: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Xh7WxscxNE

never expected it to arrive so soon
but as the night drifted on
it came time to say good bye
turning your back and walking away
this cold winter morning is all the remains
why wouldn't you tell me to my face
instead of hiding until i lost faith
a heart gets broken as a life gets set free
and all i asked was love me
years passed, seasons changed and i waited
(hate time to say goodbye, hate time)
soon after was the pain
that would never reach you
you've gotten over me
but it seems i'll never get over you
on me i place this blame
regrets
praying heaven will open wide
and hold you tight
as for me, i'll be alright
this impact you would have
the songs i'd write
dreams of you changing your mind
anything to pass the time
but for now
i hope you can hear me as i cry
i love you and goodbye

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2007, 04:27:57 PM »
As people are recommending music: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Xh7WxscxNE

never expected it to arrive so soon
but as the night drifted on
it came time to say good bye
turning your back and walking away
this cold winter morning is all the remains
why wouldn't you tell me to my face
instead of hiding until i lost faith
a heart gets broken as a life gets set free
and all i asked was love me
years passed, seasons changed and i waited
(hate time to say goodbye, hate time)
soon after was the pain
that would never reach you
you've gotten over me
but it seems i'll never get over you
on me i place this blame
regrets
praying heaven will open wide
and hold you tight
as for me, i'll be alright
this impact you would have
the songs i'd write
dreams of you changing your mind
anything to pass the time
but for now
i hope you can hear me as i cry
i love you and goodbye

It is horrible.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2007, 04:28:14 PM »

My favorite is Rekha in Umrao Jaan! I also like the Sagar Ramayan series.  O0
Bollywood rocks!

are you indian?

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2007, 04:31:36 PM »

My favorite is Rekha in Umrao Jaan! I also like the Sagar Ramayan series.  O0
Bollywood rocks!
are you indian?
I suppose I couldn't be wrong, but Mills looks about as Indian as the Lucky Charms leprechaun.  ;D

ftf

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2007, 04:35:43 PM »
Quote from: Sarah
It is horrible.
Ok, how about the opposite end of the spectrum: (note the following piece of music is not rock, nor is it heavy in any way): http://youtube.com/watch?v=1kV4qrrVdEg

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2007, 04:38:32 PM »

Bollywood rocks!
are you indian?
I suppose I couldn't be wrong, but Mills looks about as Indian as the Lucky Charms leprechaun.  ;D

how do you know have you seen her in real life

ftf

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »

Bollywood rocks!
are you indian?

I think she's done a couple of youtube videos in which she is on screen.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2007, 04:50:11 PM »

Bollywood rocks!
are you indian?

I like that song Dhoom and Say na Say na.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »
Bollywood music is getting populer overseas :P.By the way dont watch bollywood movies 95 percent are crap only 5 percent can be compared to hollywood(strong script).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 04:56:49 PM by ASHISH »