Author Topic: MSNBC Senior Political Analyst admits he's afraid to criticize Islam publicly.  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
 Now THIS is really sad..this is what our country is coming to:

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/12/11/larry-odonnell-admits-hes-afraid-to-criticize-islam-publicly/

MSNBC Senior Political Analyst admits he's afraid to criticize Islam publicly.

Lawrence O’Donnell, Jr., is MSNBC’s Senior Political Analyst and a panelist on “The McLaughlin Group.” He has won a reputation over the years for a volcanic temper, and has gained attention recently for an emotional attack on Mormonism. But will he speak out about the elements of Islam that Islamic jihadists are using to recruit and motivate terrorists? Don't hold your breath.

Here he is with Hugh Hewitt, via Hot Air:

HH: Would you say the same things about Mohammed as you just said about Joseph Smith?

LO’D: Oh, well, I’m afraid of what the…that’s where I’m really afraid. I would like to criticize Islam much more than I do publicly, but I’m afraid for my life if I do.

HH: Well, that’s candid.

LO’D: Mormons are the nicest people in the world. They’re not going to ever…

HH: So you can be bigoted towards Mormons, because they’ll just send you a strudel.

LO’D: They’ll never take a shot at me. Those other people, I’m not going to say a word about them.

HH: They’ll send you a strudel. The Mormons will bake you a cake and be nice to you.

LO’D: I agree.

HH: Lawrence O’Donnell, I appreciate your candor.

http://www.islam-watch.org/Shabana/real_islam.pdf

http://www.freedomhouse.org/uploads/special_report/45.pdf

newman

Sniveling coward!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
a traitorous coward

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Ha i saw that but what do you expect larry O'Donnel is an ultra left winger he produced many west wing episodes
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
I saw him on that show last Sunday morning. 

He's such a hypocrite.  He wouldn't stop bashing Romney and Mormonism.  One of the topics of the discussion on the "McLaughlin Group" was about the speech Romney gave last week about the role of religion in the US and O'Donnell wouldn't stop bashing Romney and his religion.  I think he owes Romney an apology.

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
They jump on Romney about his Mormon religion (when's the last time a Mormon blew himself up for 'God'?) but won't ask Hussein about his Muslim religion or any of his dirty dealings. What is it? PC insanity? White guilt? Fear?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Gutless POS
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
They jump on Romney about his Mormon religion (when's the last time a Mormon blew himself up for 'G-d'?) but won't ask Hussein about his Muslim religion or any of his dirty dealings. What is it? PC insanity? White guilt? Fear?
In O'Donnel's case all of the above
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer

This is not necessarily a completely bad thing. Of course the guy is a coward but his fear also shows that he does have an understanding of islam because he knows what can happen to those who criticize it. I bet that there are many other people in the media who privately know what islam really is and the grave threat that it poses but are afraid to speak out; many news outlets openly said this during the mohammad cartoon riots, they refused to show them out of fear of violence. I bet if a few big names in the media would come out and say what so many in this country privately think about islam a surprising number of people in the media would follow.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
They jump on Romney about his Mormon religion (when's the last time a Mormon blew himself up for 'G-d'?) but won't ask Hussein about his Muslim religion or any of his dirty dealings. What is it? PC insanity? White guilt? Fear?
In O'Donnel's case all of the above

completely, his case on the above written.

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
HH: Would you say the same things about Mohammed as you just said about Joseph Smith?

How about what would Joseph Smith have said about Mohammad???

"I shall be to this generation a new Muhammad...Either the Al-Koran or the sword."
~Joseph Smith

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islamic-mormonism-similarities.htm
http://www.slate.com/id/2165033/

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Oh geez this is crazy

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
Pathetic!! >:(
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
He isn't the only one, no one really in the media has any guts they are all wimps.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!