Author Topic: Latest Proposal From Mike Huckabee  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Latest Proposal From Mike Huckabee
« on: December 13, 2007, 06:43:21 PM »
What do you guys think of this:

http://www.nysun.com/article/67734

newman

Re: Latest Proposal From Mike Huckabee
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 06:49:05 PM »
A bad idea.

American Jews should be able to serve in those IDF units for foreign Jews that they have.

Maybe the law could apply to new immigrants only. In other words if someone wants US citizenship they must renounce their other one.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 10:15:37 PM »
I see what you wants to do, but he has to be clearer on what he means.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 10:27:32 PM »
A bad idea.

American Jews should be able to serve in those IDF units for foreign Jews that they have.

Maybe the law could apply to new immigrants only. In other words if someone wants US citizenship they must renounce their other one.

Yes, to new citizen maybe it will work... but it still is open to criticism.
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 10:34:47 PM »
This is a horrible idea.

This alone should be a reason not to support him...

Ok, I'm back to supporting Rudy now.

I was for Mike but now this.

RUDY08

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 10:46:24 PM »
This must be a Mistake on his part or just being over zelous on stopping Illegals.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 10:50:52 PM »
This must be a Mistake on his part or just being over zelous on stopping Illegals.

This has nothing to do with illegals. He is talking about US citizens.

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:31:15 PM »
Nothing better for him to talk about?

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 12:14:41 AM »
On this forum, Huckabee can't win no matter what he does.

When he was soft on immigration as governor, people complained (correctly). Now that's he taking a tough stand that even won him the endorsement of the Minuteman Project, people here are attacking him for his tough stand! You want millions of Mexican citizens and other Third World citizens to be able to vote in American elections? You expect Huckabee and the Minuteman Project (which is now working with him) to support "dual citizen" voting just so that 50,000 American Jews who are now living in Israel can vote in American elections? You can't have it both ways - either you want him to be tough on immigration or you want him to allow loopholes that will turn America into a Third World banana republic.

One other point here about the Jewish members of this forum, in particular. Now that we have a MAJOR candidate who has a chance of winning who openly opposes Israeli territorial retreats FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AMERICAN HISTORY, the Jews here are not supporting him? I thought this was a Kahanist forum. People here support Romney or Giuliani who favor creating a PLO-Hamas Muslim terrorist state if the Arabs just promise for the millionth time to stop murdering Jews? Giuliani went to Israel last year and warmly praised Sharon's "courageous" decision to expel the Jews of Gush Katif and northern Samaria. And Giuliani says we must increase foreign aid to the PLO-Fatah terrorists to supposedly help them fight against the Hamas terrorists - which is the Oslo logic. Huckabee, on the other hand, says that the Jews have a "divine right" to Judea, Samaria and the Golan Heights.

And all members of this forum, Jewish and Gentile, you don't think that a real crash program for energy independence would by itself make a Huckabee presidency better than that of the other candidates? You don't care that our oil addiction is bringing hundreds of millions of Muslim babies into this world?

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 12:52:20 AM »

lol...that's true

While Mr. Huckabee's plan is short on details, it says prohibited uses of dual citizenship would include "using a foreign passport, voting in elections in both a foreign country and the U.S," and other actions.

I am a dual Israeli-American citizen. When I go to Israel I use my American passport to leave and enter the USA and my Israeli to leave and enter Israel. Israel wont let me in or out without my Israeli passport. If Huckabee only plans to require the use of a US passport to enter and leave this country, then fine. But if it would be illegal for me to enter Israel with an Israeli passport then that is wrong.

On the issue of voting, why would he care if dual citizens wish to vote in 2 countries? Why cant the citizen choose who he wishes to run each country?

And this has nothing to do with illegal immigration. This would apply to legal US citizens.

On the matter of foreign military service. If one wants to serve with the military of a foreign allied country, why shouldn’t he be allowed to?

Lastly, I think that the USA should only allow you to be a dual citizen with a country that is our ally.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 01:15:24 AM »
First of all, Huckabee can not, by himself, pass laws as he chooses.

Second, Huckabee won't remember he ever said it on the day after the elections.

The U.S. State Department has more influence than does the President regarding citizenship documentation and international travel regulations.

These comments of Huckabee strike me as condescending...deliberately picking a "non-issue" with which to make emotional appeals for "patriotism" to the masses who are gullible enough to believe that the President can simply "wave his magic wand" and create laws as he sees fit.

Does anyone here remember Bush promising to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capitol city?

How about all the fuss emanating from Karl Rove & other spokespersons, about how Bush wanted to end the IRS & was looking into ways to do it?

Translation of Huckabee's true message:
You dummies out there forget about my letting Arkansas be invaded by illegal barbarians so that Marshal Durbin & others might make obscene profits without hiring Americans...the real issue to focus on is the dual passport crisis!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 10:11:37 AM »

When he was soft on immigration as governor, people complained (correctly). Now that's he taking a tough stand that even won him the endorsement of the Minuteman Project, people here are attacking him for his tough stand! You want millions of Mexican citizens and other Third World citizens to be able to vote in American elections? You expect Huckabee and the Minuteman Project (which is now working with him) to support "dual citizen" voting just so that 50,000 American Jews who are now living in Israel can vote in American elections? You can't have it both ways - either you want him to be tough on immigration or you want him to allow loopholes that will turn America into a Third World banana republic.

One other point here about the Jewish members of this forum, in particular. Now that we have a MAJOR candidate who has a chance of winning who openly opposes Israeli territorial retreats FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AMERICAN HISTORY, the Jews here are not supporting him? I thought this was a Kahanist forum. People here support Romney or Giuliani who favor creating a PLO-Hamas Muslim terrorist state if the Arabs just promise for the millionth time to stop murdering Jews? Giuliani went to Israel last year and warmly praised Sharon's "courageous" decision to expel the Jews of Gush Katif and northern Samaria. And Giuliani says we must increase foreign aid to the PLO-Fatah terrorists to supposedly help them fight against the Hamas terrorists - which is the Oslo logic. Huckabee, on the other hand, says that the Jews have a "divine right" to Judea, Samaria and the Golan Heights.

And all members of this forum, Jewish and Gentile, you don't think that a real crash program for energy independence would by itself make a Huckabee presidency better than that of the other candidates? You don't care that our oil addiction is bringing hundreds of millions of Muslim babies into this world?

I Agree 100%!
 I liked Huckabee EVEN before JTF started to look at him as a potential candidate. All his positions for the most part I agree with!
 This new one on Immigration is also a Good Idea... I know many people who hold dual citizenships and many in my family. I don't like the fact that they can flaunt their US citizenship and not even live here and get all the benefits and give nothing in return because they live abroad. For the most part they CAN NOT stand living in The US among all these creatures and leave to go back home where they feel more comfortable, which I can definitely understand.
However, If you don't live here, why should you be able to influence an election there? Why does it matter ? Like I said initially its a safety measure to curb the NEW immigrants form persuing the same approach. Ex, living in Mexico but voting in US elections - that's absurd!

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 12:05:17 PM »
Chaim says:
"One other point here about the Jewish members of this forum, in particular. Now that we have a MAJOR candidate who has a chance of winning who openly opposes Israeli territorial retreats FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AMERICAN HISTORY, the Jews here are not supporting him? I thought this was a Kahanist forum. People here support Romney or Giuliani who favor creating a PLO-Hamas Muslim terrorist state if the Arabs just promise for the millionth time to stop murdering Jews? Giuliani went to Israel last year and warmly praised Sharon's "courageous" decision to expel the Jews of Gush Katif and northern Samaria. And Giuliani says we must increase foreign aid to the PLO-Fatah terrorists to supposedly help them fight against the Hamas terrorists - which is the Oslo logic. Huckabee, on the other hand, says that the Jews have a "divine right" to Judea, Samaria and the Golan Heights."

This is an excellent point.

If preventing suicidal Israeli territorial retreats is of paramount importance when evaluating the candidates then Huckabee would seem to be a slam dunk winner.

On that issue alone Huckabee deserves the support of JTF and right thinking Jews everywhere.

Before Huckabee's rise as a legitimate candidate with a serious chance of securing the Republican nomination, I was supporting Guiliani. The arguments Chaim and others have posted here have convinced me that Huckabee is probably the better choice. I'd still be OK with Guiliani if he emerges as the Republican nominee, as I think there's a good chance that he'd be tough on mooozies and better for Israel than the other major candidates.

But please don't be surprised that some Jews here aren't supporting supporting Huckabee. There's actually a few morons here supporting Ron Paul !!