Author Topic: German Opera Depicting Muhammad Beheading to Proceed  (Read 5236 times)

wonderfulgoy

German Opera Depicting Muhammad Beheading to Proceed
« on: November 20, 2006, 04:38:34 PM »

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Willing to offend Muslims, the Deutsche Oper in Berlin has renewed its plan to stage the controversial opera Idomeneo December 18 and 29. The opera depicts the beheading of the Muslim prophet Muhammad.

After German police conducted a security review, the opera was cancelled. The police warned the beheading could pose an “‘incalculable’ security risk, possibly sparking violent reactions from Muslims.” Initially out of fear, Kirsten Harms of Deutsche Oper cancelled the production. The Oper cited last year's cartoon riots, which occured around the world after satirical cartoons of the prophet Muhammad were published in Denmark. “We know the consequences of the conflict over the [Muhammad] caricatures,” the opera company said.

The debate to behead Muhammad has also divided the Muslim community and German politicians over cultural sensitivities. The Muslim community is dismayed over the depiction, but Chancellor Angela Merkel decided that Germany should not be pushed around, calling the initial decision to cancel the play “self-censorship out of fear.”

Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble also called the decision to cancel the opera “crazy.”

Perhaps as a result of political pressure, or from the fact that the police hurriedly back-peddled from their original security assesment, Kirsten Harms of the Deutche Oper switched the decision to pull the performance, stating, “It is necessary to show this opera and to fight against the fear of Islamic radicalism. I think we have to or this terrorism will get bigger and bigger.”

By this point, the debate had clearly shifted. Instead of Germans arguing among themselves whether the beheading would offend Muslims and posed a security risk, the debate became about Germany having the right to practice its own culture.

The end result? The beheading must go on.

By deciding to stage the play, Germany has drawn a line in the sand: Germany will not allow fear of terrorism to dictate its national decisionmaking, at least in matters involving artistic expression.

But also, awareness in Germany is growing that Europe is in a culture war with the radical Muslim community. The multiculturalism affecting many European nations and inspiring sweeping allowances for the Muslim community simply is not a traditional German trait. As history demonstrates, Germany has always sought to dominate, not be dominated; to dictate, not be dictated to.

Watch for Germany to increasingly stand up to threats of terrorism and radical Islam.

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article&id=2685

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: German Opera Depicting Muhammad Beheading to Proceed
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 08:12:43 AM »

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Willing to offend Muslims, the Deutsche Oper in Berlin has renewed its plan to stage the controversial opera Idomeneo December 18 and 29. The opera depicts the beheading of the Muslim prophet Muhammad.

After German police conducted a security review, the opera was cancelled. The police warned the beheading could pose an “‘incalculable’ security risk, possibly sparking violent reactions from Muslims.” Initially out of fear, Kirsten Harms of Deutsche Oper cancelled the production. The Oper cited last year's cartoon riots, which occured around the world after satirical cartoons of the prophet Muhammad were published in Denmark. “We know the consequences of the conflict over the [Muhammad] caricatures,” the opera company said.

The debate to behead Muhammad has also divided the Muslim community and German politicians over cultural sensitivities. The Muslim community is dismayed over the depiction, but Chancellor Angela Merkel decided that Germany should not be pushed around, calling the initial decision to cancel the play “self-censorship out of fear.”

Interior Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble also called the decision to cancel the opera “crazy.”

Perhaps as a result of political pressure, or from the fact that the police hurriedly back-peddled from their original security assesment, Kirsten Harms of the Deutche Oper switched the decision to pull the performance, stating, “It is necessary to show this opera and to fight against the fear of Islamic radicalism. I think we have to or this terrorism will get bigger and bigger.”

By this point, the debate had clearly shifted. Instead of Germans arguing among themselves whether the beheading would offend Muslims and posed a security risk, the debate became about Germany having the right to practice its own culture.

The end result? The beheading must go on.

By deciding to stage the play, Germany has drawn a line in the sand: Germany will not allow fear of terrorism to dictate its national decisionmaking, at least in matters involving artistic expression.

But also, awareness in Germany is growing that Europe is in a culture war with the radical Muslim community. The multiculturalism affecting many European nations and inspiring sweeping allowances for the Muslim community simply is not a traditional German trait. As history demonstrates, Germany has always sought to dominate, not be dominated; to dictate, not be dictated to.

Watch for Germany to increasingly stand up to threats of terrorism and radical Islam.

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article&id=2685
I have a friend in Germany that lives in the saxony area ,he likes to stand up to Islamics but he says except for nazi skinheads which he does'nt want to join [as he is a rightgeous gentile] no one else stands up to them :o :o
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 03:05:43 PM »
I have a friend in Germany that lives in the saxony area ,he likes to stand up to Islamics but he says except for nazi skinheads which he does'nt want to join [as he is a rightgeous gentile] no one else stands up to them :o :o

White people don't tend to make a fuss until Islamics start threatening their material standards of living.  Therefore, Germany probably needs a few hundred thousand more before it starts dealing with them in a proper fashion.  Breaking the camel's back and all that.   :)

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 05:50:36 PM »
ure post makes me laugh with pity... read my username, thats what u have when u waste your time copying and pasting that article. SPEND YOUR TIME HELPING THE POOR, BEING A BETTER JEW.. not HATING muslims and everyone else and wasting probably hours reading things about terrorists...

terrorists may be bad and evil but they make good media :-\especially all the programmes and films that have come out about them... they should get copyrighted and paid... :o
A muzzie sympathizing with terrorists...  Now, why am I not surprised?
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 10:22:29 PM »
ure post makes me laugh with pity... read my username, thats what u have when u waste your time copying and pasting that article. SPEND YOUR TIME HELPING THE POOR, BEING A BETTER JEW.. not HATING muslims and everyone else and wasting probably hours reading things about terrorists...

terrorists may be bad and evil but they make good media :-\especially all the programmes and films that have come out about them... they should get copyrighted and paid... :o
The true face of a Muslim exposed!  Nice tolerant Muslim deffending Terrorists and other sub human offal.  Way to go, you are proving our point for us about Islam...  A mushroom cloud over Tehran, Damascus, Mecca and Cairo would also be "Good media" too no and perhaps be turned into epic films to be copyrighted and "paid" too no?  Terrible what ignorance can do to individuals.  By you being a child, please take the rest of your life and attain meaningful knowledge not the molested propaganda Islam and the Muslims spew.....  Be a good girl.  Did I mention that when I was in University, I knew many Muslim women (prior to my study of Islam and the Muslim History/Culture/Faith).  I found it funny that all would beg their white infidel room mates for condoms so they could go out to the night clubs and find their white men for anal sex.   Anal sex was prefered, no actually desired by the Muslim women here in Canada attending University (Dalhousie, UNB, UPEI, SMU, Mt St. Vincent etc.) so they can return back to Saudi Arabia, Yeman, Syria, Egypt, Iran etc. and not be stoned to death for losing their virginity to non-Muslim men.  I guess to Islam Anal Sex is not considered Sex to Muslims/Islam because they keep their "virginity"?  I'm not speaking of a few Muslim women I'm speaking of MANY....
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 05:12:06 PM by Marzutra »
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline David Ben-Ariel

• Full JTFer
    • Beyond Babylon
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 11:09:58 PM »

White people don't tend to make a fuss until Islamics start threatening their material standards of living.

White people don't tend to make a fuss when Gentiles threaten everything until too late, if even then.

A Warning For America From South Africa

South Africa may be the grim model of the future Western world