Author Topic: UNICEF Photo of the Year calls attention to child marriage  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
UNICEF Photo of the Year calls attention to child marriage
« on: December 19, 2007, 04:21:25 PM »

Caption to this AP photo (via Snapped Shot, with thanks to Pamela):

U.S. freelance photographer Stephanie Sinclair poses with her winning photo of the 'UNICEF Photo of the Year 2007' competition in Berlin, Germany, on Monday, Dec. 17, 2007. The photograph shot by U.S. freelance photographer Stephanie Sinclair shows a wedding couple in Afghanistan who could not be more opposite. The groom, Mohammed, looks much older than his 40 years. The bride, Ghulam, is still a child; she just turned 11. Stephanie Sinclair works as a freelance photographer based in Beirut, Lebanon. (AP Photo/Markus Schreiber)
And from the UNICEF site (thanks to Anne Crockett):
http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/
The UNICEF Photo of the Year 2007 is one of a series of photos about child marriages taken by Stephanie Sinclair between 2005 and 2007 in Afghanistan, Nepal and Ethiopia. During a stay in Afghanistan, it consistently struck the 34-year old freelance photographer, how many young girls are married to much older men. She decided to raise awareness about this topic with her pictures. According to UNICEF estimates, about 50% of Afghan women are married before they turn 18. In Afghanistan, in most parts of South Asia and in Southern Africa, marriage is often seen as a business transaction that has nothing to do with personal desires. In this process, the bride is the article of trade - the younger she is, the higher the bride price. “What are you feeling today?” Stephanie Sinclair asked Ghulam on her engagement. “Nothing,” the bewildered girl answered. “I do not know this man. What am I supposed to feel?”
Gratitude, probably, at having the chance to emulate Aisha, the "Mother of the Believers":

The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death). (Bukhari 7.62.88)

what are the nazis in Europe and the West saying about this??
 ::) ::)
BTW: what do the multicul-nazis say about this??!?!?!?!
 ??? ??? ???
That we must accept the religiuos differences and tolerate this inside the Western Countries as well, in order not to hurt the feelings of the ohh-so discriminated - muzzies?!?!??!
 :-\ :-\ :-\
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

kellymaureen

Re: UNICEF Photo of the Year calls attention to child marriage
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 05:51:09 PM »

Caption to this AP photo (via Snapped Shot, with thanks to Pamela):

U.S. freelance photographer Stephanie Sinclair poses with her winning photo of the 'UNICEF Photo of the Year 2007' competition in Berlin, Germany, on Monday, Dec. 17, 2007. The photograph shot by U.S. freelance photographer Stephanie Sinclair shows a wedding couple in Afghanistan who could not be more opposite. The groom, Mohammed, looks much older than his 40 years. The bride, Ghulam, is still a child; she just turned 11. Stephanie Sinclair works as a freelance photographer based in Beirut, Lebanon. (AP Photo/Markus Schreiber)
And from the UNICEF site (thanks to Anne Crockett):
http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/
The UNICEF Photo of the Year 2007 is one of a series of photos about child marriages taken by Stephanie Sinclair between 2005 and 2007 in Afghanistan, Nepal and Ethiopia. During a stay in Afghanistan, it consistently struck the 34-year old freelance photographer, how many young girls are married to much older men. She decided to raise awareness about this topic with her pictures. According to UNICEF estimates, about 50% of Afghan women are married before they turn 18. In Afghanistan, in most parts of South Asia and in Southern Africa, marriage is often seen as a business transaction that has nothing to do with personal desires. In this process, the bride is the article of trade - the younger she is, the higher the bride price. “What are you feeling today?” Stephanie Sinclair asked Ghulam on her engagement. “Nothing,” the bewildered girl answered. “I do not know this man. What am I supposed to feel?”
Gratitude, probably, at having the chance to emulate Aisha, the "Mother of the Believers":

The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death). (Bukhari 7.62.88)

what are the nazis in Europe and the West saying about this??
 ::) ::)
BTW: what do the multicul-nazis say about this??!?!?!?!
 ??? ??? ???
That we must accept the religiuos differences and tolerate this inside the Western Countries as well, in order not to hurt the feelings of the ohh-so discriminated - muzzies?!?!??!
 :-\ :-\ :-\

I'd love to kick that pervert right in the face and then take that precious baby home and let her just be a regular little girl  :(