Author Topic: Romney regains lead in Iowa  (Read 4698 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Romney regains lead in Iowa
« on: December 18, 2007, 08:30:47 PM »
Romney 28%
Huckabee 25.1%
Thompson 10.8%
McCain 6.9%
Paul 5.5%
Giuliani 5.1%
Tancredo 3.7%
Hunter .5%
Undecided 14.4%

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Romney regains lead in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 09:00:01 PM »
There are still 14% Undecided... this practically means that it's anybodys to WIN!
I hope it's Huckabee.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 09:01:58 PM »
source?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 09:10:42 PM »

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 09:25:19 PM »
I tend to think that is a Fluke poll. We shall see.
If Fred Thompson come sin 4th in Iowa then he will drop out and this will help Huckabee a lot!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 09:54:09 PM »
hey tancredo 3.7% not too shabby.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 10:15:30 PM »
i dont like it how romney attacks the other candidates. i like huckabee he is an honest respectful and likeable guy

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 10:56:05 PM »

I believe the poll. Huckabee has been getting beat up in the media for over a month now and mostly by conservatives. It is disgusting the dishonest way that Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter and Laura Ingram have been going after him. Hotair.com, one of the most popular republican sites, have been bashing him daily and its main contributer, allahpundit, has been threatening to start a movement of republicans to stay at home for the election if the GOP nominates Huchabee to get back at Christian Conservatives who threatened to stay home if they nominated a pro-abortion candidate.

I'm actually amazed that he hasn't dropped more.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 01:53:18 AM »
Last week it emerged that Huckabee had lied on his resume; telling all of his supporters that he had a degree in Theology.

It turns out that he has no such degree, and lied to everyone.

Add this unpardonable character flaw to his record as Arkansas' Governor: "open borders" for all illegal aliens, offering property to the Mexican Government at no charge for the establishment of a Mexican Embassy in Arkansas, and his record of raising taxes, and he more and more begins to resemble the kind of "leader" we currently have occupying the White House.

Most elections of the past have offered candidates from which to choose as "the lesser of two evils", but this election offers "across the board" lack of leadership, lack of character, and untrustworthiness.

I'm of the opinion that be the winner Hillary or one of the Republican candidates, the new President will be Jorge Bush II repackaged.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 01:54:26 AM »
There is no way that Romney can win. Huckabee will take Iowa by at least 10 points.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 02:38:30 AM »
Last week it emerged that Huckabee had lied on his resume; telling all of his supporters that he had a degree in Theology.

It turns out that he has no such degree, and lied to everyone.

Add this unpardonable character flaw to his record as Arkansas' Governor: "open borders" for all illegal aliens, offering property to the Mexican Government at no charge for the establishment of a Mexican Embassy in Arkansas, and his record of raising taxes, and he more and more begins to resemble the kind of "leader" we currently have occupying the White House.

Most elections of the past have offered candidates from which to choose as "the lesser of two evils", but this election offers "across the board" lack of leadership, lack of character, and untrustworthiness.

I'm of the opinion that be the winner Hillary or one of the Republican candidates, the new President will be Jorge Bush II repackaged.

He didn't really lie about having a theology degree...he has his BA in religion and three years of a Masters from a Theology Seminary. And all the other major candidates were just as bad, if not worse, on immigration and taxes plus abortion. But they get a pass by conservatives in the media for changing their views but Huckabee gets slammed.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59222
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:41:33 AM by dhimmi_pride »

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 03:13:33 AM »
He didn't really lie about having a theology degree...he has his BA in religion and three years of a Masters from a Theology Seminary. And all the other major candidates were just as bad, if not worse, on immigration and taxes plus abortion. But they get a pass by conservatives in the media for changing their views but Huckabee gets slammed.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59222

He wasn't being completely honest. He was doing what politicians usually do, which is embellish and fudge the truth.

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 03:24:30 AM »
Yeah alittle bit but is there really much of a difference between the two anyway? What did he gain by saying "theology" instead of "religion." I don't see what the big deal is. I'm more bothered about the way that the press goes after him for a little thing like this and writes headlines as though they've caught him in a big lie.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 04:02:27 AM »
Huck was pursuing a theology degree, yet dropped out before completing it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 04:10:02 AM by Trumpeldor »

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 11:34:24 AM »
It's true that the conservative media is shilling against Huckabee and biased in favor of the other candidates.  I was watching Hannity & Colmes last night, and they made this big deal about Huckabee's surge supposedly being over, and Sean Hannity was telling Alan Keyes how sincere he thinks Mitt Romney is on all the issues that he's flip flopped on.  It's pretty sick that a group of so-called conservatives would boycott the election if Huckabee gets the nomination.  They have more of a problem with true conservatives seeing that Giuliani is not conservative than they do with Hillary or Obama winning the election.

yeah Romney flip flops on all his issues.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 09:42:57 PM »
There's a margin of error; it's a statistical tie.  Some polls have one ahead while others have the other ahead.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 09:45:00 PM »
I tend to think that is a Fluke poll. We shall see.
If Fred Thompson come sin 4th in Iowa then he will drop out and this will help Huckabee a lot!

Thompson is going to be around for South Carolina.  He hoping to win there and then win a lot of the primaries in the southern states.  Huckabee has a chance to win South Carolina.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 09:46:18 PM »
i dont like it how romney attacks the other candidates. i like huckabee he is an honest respectful and likeable guy

It's not an attack.  He compared differences in their record such as how Huckabee wanted to give benefits to illegals.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 09:49:01 PM »
Yeah alittle bit but is there really much of a difference between the two anyway? What did he gain by saying "theology" instead of "religion." I don't see what the big deal is. I'm more bothered about the way that the press goes after him for a little thing like this and writes headlines as though they've caught him in a big lie.

But if the masters degree is in theology, then he told the truth?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 10:00:40 PM »
It's true that the conservative media is shilling against Huckabee and biased in favor of the other candidates.  I was watching Hannity & Colmes last night, and they made this big deal about Huckabee's surge supposedly being over, and Sean Hannity was telling Alan Keyes how sincere he thinks Mitt Romney is on all the issues that he's flip flopped on.  It's pretty sick that a group of so-called conservatives would boycott the election if Huckabee gets the nomination.  They have more of a problem with true conservatives seeing that Giuliani is not conservative than they do with Hillary or Obama winning the election.

I missed the show last night.  What else did they say?