Author Topic: Pro-Abortion Group Still Supports Hillary Clinton as Women Voters Flee  (Read 917 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Pro-Abortion Group Still Supports Hillary Clinton as Women Voters Flee by Steven Ertelt

LifeNews.com Editor
December 14, 2007

http://www.lifenews.com/nat3534.html

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton may be dropping in the polls but a leading pro-abortion organization isn't giving up on its efforts to hand her the nomination. Emily's List continues to sink hundreds of thousands of dollars into efforts to prop up her candidacy.

The organization has been backing Clinton in Iowa, the first presidential contest, with a web site and Internet ads designed to increase her support among women.

The group also spent $30,000 on Wednesday alone in a slick new statewide mailing of two pieces designed to attract women voters.

The first one features a picture of a smiling mother of two who, ironically, promotes Clinton's record of promoting children. The message is not lost on pro-life advocates: "I'm supporting Hillary Clinton because she has always stood up for our children. The least I can do is stand up for her at the Caucus."

The second profiles a teacher who sings Clinton's praises and also touts her record promoting the interests of children.

"I've been going to the caucus for 28 years because it's just too important to skip," the mailer says.

Despite the support from the pro-abortion organization, polls are showing Clinton's support slipping in Iowa and New Hampshire and also among women voters. She now looks vulnerable to challenger Barack Obama, who advocates abortion as well.

Political observer Reid Wilson of RealClearPolitics notes that, "If Obama pulls off the once unthinkable scenario of beating Clinton, a post-mortem analysis will show it is women, once seen as Clinton's key to a guaranteed victory, who caused her defeat."

"In fact, in most polls out of the state over the last month, the candidate who leads among women leads the overall survey," he adds.

Polls such as those taken by the Washington Post and Des Moines Register find that Obama is leading among women by one and five percent, respectively.

Whether women in Iowa respond to the pro-abortion call to support Clinton may determine whether she becomes the Democratic nominee.

Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Pro-Abortion Group Still Supports Hillary Clinton as Women Voters Flee
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 03:07:13 PM »
Of coures they will she if for death like the pro abortion group
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh