General Category > General Discussion

Ron Paul's Stance on Israel

(1/4) > >>

dawntreader:
This is from JTA Breaking News:

Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul says his foreign policy would benefit Israel.

Mainstream Jewish groups have shunned Paul, a U.S. congressman from Texas upsetting his party's presidential field. His lonely anti-war candidacy, once thought of as a long shot, is now competitive with front-runners in fund raising.

Paul has long opposed defense and other assistance to Israel, a policy consistent with his opposition to all foreign aid. He also has said the pro-Israel lobby is too influential in Washington, another statement that is consistent with his disdain for foreign policy lobbying.

In a statement released Wednesday to JTA, the Paul campaign cast those beliefs in a pro-Israel light. It reads, in part:

"I do believe that our current policies toward Israel are doing more harm than good to those we profess to support. Our foreign military aid to Israel is actually more like corporate welfare to the U.S. military industrial complex, as Israel is forced to purchase only U.S. products with the assistance."

Paul said, "We have adopted a foreign policy that has left Israel surrounded by militaristic nations while undermining Israel’s sovereignty by demanding that its foreign and defense policies be essentially pre-approved in Washington."

He adds later, "The United States should take care of its own sovereignty while at the same time respecting the sovereignty of nations like Israel. That is the best way to preserve security and prosperity for all."

White Israelite:
This is one of the reasons I am seriously considering voting for Ron Paul. This would be very beneficial to Israel.

Daniel:
I agree. Outside of what Chaim and other forum members say about Ron Paul, I don't see any evidence that he's a Nazi who is anti-Israel or antisemitic. When I first heard him speak, I thought that his non-interventionist policy would be exactly what JTF would be in favor of and that his economic stances sounded very much like the statements made by Reuven ben Avraham. But Chaim vehemently disagreed with this assessment when I posed this question to him.

DownwithIslam:
You are all forgetting that while he would cut off foreign aid to Israel, he would give all the weapons that he is no longer giving to Israel to all his Islamic buddies in Iran and Saudi Arabia. This is a vicious anti semite who shuold drop dead.

ItalianZionist:

--- Quote from: DownwithIslam on December 25, 2007, 01:54:49 AM ---You are all forgetting that while he would cut off foreign aid to Israel, he would give all the weapons that he is no longer giving to Israel to all his Islamic buddies in Iran and Saudi Arabia. This is a vicious anti semite who shuold drop dead.

--- End quote ---

Is there any direct evidence of this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version