Author Topic: Chaim can apply to have his civil rights restored  (Read 5119 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Chaim can apply to have his civil rights restored
« on: December 25, 2007, 10:19:41 PM »
   I know this would not be an easy task, but Chaim can periodically apply to have his civil rights restored. With all the death threats against him, he might be able to make the case that he needs a firearm for self-defense. I know he would be more responsible with it than most of the baboons that currently serve as New York's finest.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Chaim can apply to have his civil rights restored
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 10:30:50 PM »
Depends what he was charged and convicted of. If it was a state level felony, it's possible to have the record expunged but all persons with a felony conviction are prohibited from possessing firearms legally. If it's a federal felony, it's impossible to get it expunged without a presidential pardon.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:00:43 AM »
Depends what he was charged and convicted of. If it was a state level felony, it's possible to have the record expunged but all persons with a felony conviction are prohibited from possessing firearms legally. If it's a federal felony, it's impossible to get it expunged without a presidential pardon.

It's been so long it shouldn't be too hard. He has mentioned that he lives near a lot of Bosnian and Albanian Nazis.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:02:32 AM »

It's been so long it shouldn't be too hard. He has mentioned that he lives near a lot of Bosnian and Albanian Nazis.

Doesn't matter how long it's been, I know a Vietnam vet who was convicted for marijuana charges over 40 years ago and still can't get his rights restored.

A situation like Chaims is going to be difficult unless we know the full details behind it and how he was charged. I would love for Chaims rights to be restored as he's done his time, it's stupid that he's being treated as a second class citizen.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 08:05:37 PM »
Usually civil rights other than the right to possess firearms can be restored to a felon.

A separate process requiring fingerprinting and a separate application to the Feds is required for firearms.

Rarely does a felon regain their 2nd Amendment rights.

Do any of you here know of any felons who can now possess firearms?

I have never heard of any that have had full restoration of their rights.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 08:16:51 PM »
Usually civil rights other than the right to possess firearms can be restored to a felon.

A separate process requiring fingerprinting and a separate application to the Feds is required for firearms.

Rarely does a felon regain their 2nd Amendment rights.

Do any of you here know of any felons who can now possess firearms?

I have never heard of any that have had full restoration of their rights.

There have been a few felons on a state level who have had their gun rights restored, the felony must be expunged however. It's not easy and if I recall, I believe it's only valid in that state.