Author Topic: I am convinced huckabee can still win  (Read 1474 times)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
I am convinced huckabee can still win
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:28:15 PM »
I may be going out  a limb here, but i think he can take this. Fred thompson took loads of votes away from huckabee, huckabee only lost by 3 percetn and that was because huckabee got 16 percent of the vote, i wpuld say at least 10 of that percetn would have gone to huckabee....

So i agree on the anti mccaine strategy but romney will do terribly in the bible belt, i think with huckabees endorsements from black leaders and fred thompson going, i think he can take this. At the debate ou will see romney ruddy and mccane ripping each other, ruudy has already mentioned the amnesty thing and he will milk it at the dbate...

I think we need to be more patient and buckle up, this is going to be a long haul....

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Re: I am convinced huckabee can still win
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:25:16 PM »
I'm not sure if Huckabee can still win. But I think it's too early to give up on him. I understand Chaim's rationale in trying to do everything possible to defeat McCain. But I think the way you win anything, whether it be a game or an election, is that you play to win and don't play not to lose! So the focus should be to support the candidate that we want instead of trying to defeat the candidate that we don't want.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:34:39 PM »
I'm not sure if Huckabee can still win. But I think it's too early to give up on him. I understand Chaim's rationale in trying to do everything possible to defeat McCain. But I think the way you win anything, whether it be a game or an election, is that you play to win and don't play not to lose! So the focus should be to support the candidate that we want instead of trying to defeat the candidate that we don't want.
Having McCain on the Republican ballot in November is essentially having no Republican candidate in the election cycle at all. I really believe this is why many democraps like McCain so much. Having McCain on the ticket insures a democrap win in November since many Republicans wont even bother voting in the general election at that point.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 04:13:48 AM »
if you look at super tueday, huckabee far more competetive than romney, as i say, especially now fred thompson the second most popular amoungst the evangelicals. It leaves the huckster as the only rightwing guy.

I predict ruudy will rip into mccaine this debate like thomson did on huckabee...