Author Topic: The subject of stem cell research, not cloning.  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
The subject of stem cell research, not cloning.
« on: November 25, 2006, 11:03:42 PM »
 The issue of stem cell research is quite a controversial one at that.
This troubles those that uphold certain religious beliefs. If in fact this method can lead to successful healing of patients, why is this perceived as a type of blasphemy? Let's assume cancer is, for example malignant and can be cured or a specific case can be vastly improved, why not view it through the lens of medical,scientific progress having nothing to do with evil and for the betterment of mankind? This type of progress and other methods can only go forward even in spite of the corruption that may exist in the medical industry. G-d is the final judge and all is in his hands,so that he would want us to help especially the righteous. What are your ideas and feelings about this issue?

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
Re: The subject of stem cell research, not cloning.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 03:56:13 AM »
Here it is, simply; adult stem cells, good.  Embryonic stem cells, BAD!!!  It is just another liberal excuse for keeping abortion legal, and justified.  However, there have been some good things already done with stem cells taken from adults, as in fully grown.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 06:16:46 AM »
You are quite right when you say embryonic stem cell research is a controversial issue. The real problem is that many medical researchers claim its really doesn't show any better promise than the adult stem cell research. I have heard many say that any concrete advances that were usefull were all in the adult research. The liberals are beating this embryonic drum to hard. To me it seems like they have other axes to grind other than advancing medical science. Other countries have been doing research on embryonic cells and even here in the US to some extent.  Not many medical people have come out and bluntly stated any major advancement. As of now the way I see it is that it was a good election issue, it goes along with legalized abortion and cloning research fits along in there somewhere.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 08:18:52 AM »
Here it is, simply; adult stem cells, good.  Embryonic stem cells, BAD!!!  It is just another liberal excuse for keeping abortion legal, and justified.  However, there have been some good things already done with stem cells taken from adults, as in fully grown.

Absolutely!

Adult stem cells have actually been used to help people too. Almost every type of tissue in the human body has adult stem cells. Heck, you can get nasal stem cells by picking someone's nose deep enough. ;)
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!