Should they be banned?

Yes.
5 (17.9%)
No.
22 (78.6%)
I don't know.
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should New Year's Eve parties be banned?  (Read 10707 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Re: Should New Year's Eve parties be banned?
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2008, 08:42:07 PM »
I agree that, as far as we have religious freedom, we cannot enact any law for religious reasons. Everyone can do whatever he likes unlless he harms other people or Nature.
Regarding New Year, if celebrated as a civil holiday, I don't see the problem with Jews and Noahides. Anyway, even if there is a problem, no Goyshe govt. can forbidd Jews to take part in such parties.  Most Goyim don't adhere to the Halacha of who is a Jew, how can they enact a civil Law especially for Jews? Who is a Jew for them??? An Hallachically Jewish person????

That's why Let-be-land dropped the clause which forbade us to establish diplomatic relations with countries which allow intermarriage between Jews and Goyim in 2004. The problem was: How can a Goyshe country decide who is really Hallachically Jewish??? How can we demand them to distinguish between someone who is Jewish according to Hallacha, and a Goy who considers himself Jewish because his grandmother converted by the reform, and the rest of the family are real Jews?

Anyway, in case a Jew or Noahide wanted to celebrate civil New Year, they should do among themselves. Parties organised by non-Torah observant Gentiles are often dangerous and can lead to intoxication, immorality, driving careslessly and so on. Better stay away from these parties!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 08:51:16 PM by Raulmarrio2000 »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2008, 08:50:54 PM »
Doc I think theres alot of fence sitting because I am sure some of the people who are anti New Years were loving Halloween.

:::D :::D

no seriously...this religious fundamentalism is dangerous...Purist beliefs are never good irregardless of that religion..my view is that everythign shoudl be done in moderation.  You can't live for heaven when you are living on earth. Live and love life and experience it and be righteous and good to one another...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2008, 09:00:23 PM »
That's why Let-be-land dropped the clause which forbade us to establish diplomatic relations with countries which allow intermarriage between Jews and Goyim in 2004. The problem was: How can a Goyshe country decide who is really Hallachically Jewish??? How can we demand them to distinguish between someone who is Jewish according to Hallacha, and a Goy who considers himself Jewish because his grandmother converted by the reform, and the rest of the family are real Jews?

BTW, regarding Let-be-land, we are still waiting the admins to delete or at least unstick the thead about us, you may understand. It's has a lot of  foolish jokes which make us seem not serious. Why keepimg that?
And what about the other joke Judea posted in our forum about a fictitious war? would you agree to the idea of deleting it also?

Kiwi

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »
Doc I think theres alot of fence sitting because I am sure some of the people who are anti New Years were loving Halloween.

:::D :::D

no seriously...this religious fundamentalism is dangerous...Purist beliefs are never good irregardless of that religion..my view is that everythign shoudl be done in moderation.  You can't live for heaven when you are living on earth. Live and love life and experience it and be righteous and good to one another...

I understand Doc, and you are right. Once you stop questioning, stop thinking, stop using logic then you are no better that the enemy we are fighting.

Kiwi

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2008, 09:26:07 PM »

BTW, regarding Let-be-land, we are still waiting the admins to delete or at least unstick the thead about us, you may understand. It's has a lot of  foolish jokes which make us seem not serious. Why keepimg that?
And what about the other joke Judea posted in our forum about a fictitious war? would you agree to the idea of deleting it also?

You can delete whatever you want on your forum. You make the rules there and you have the powers there.

What forum got a link?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »

You can delete whatever you want on your forum. You make the rules there and you have the powers there.

We cannot delete any thread without the permission of the poster (due to our Laws of free speech) except when
a) The post violates Proboards' Terms of Service.
b) When the messages is a crime according to our Laws (since the forum is under Letbelandic Law),
c) When the message can be harmfull to emotional health of visitors ( strongly missionary posts are sometimes deleted if we consider that it can damage psychological health of people, for example when someone posts that non Christians go to hell)

And regarding your forum, what do you expect to achieve keeping the jokes sticky?