Author Topic: Non-Kosher Animal Meat (For The Gentiles)  (Read 22329 times)

ftf

Re: Non-Kosher Animal Meat (For The Gentiles)
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 04:15:04 PM »
Reincarnated into this world? :o
The foundation for this belief is found only in the Talmud, not in the Bible, and considering some of the other things that can be found in the Talmud, I don't think it should be trusted in any way whatsoever, Jews would of course disagree with me on this.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 04:20:58 PM »
The foundation for this belief is found only in the Talmud, not in the Bible, and considering some of the other things that can be found in the Talmud, I don't think it should be trusted in any way whatsoever, Jews would of course disagree with me on this.

Actually its found in the Kabbalah, not Talmud.

"and considering some of the other things that can be found in the Talmud" - what do you mean by this? Is this a negative imply?
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

ftf

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 04:56:46 PM »

"and considering some of the other things that can be found in the Talmud" - what do you mean by this? Is this a negative imply?
Sorry, I did not know of the Kabbalah, so I assumed they were Talmud quotes as they obviously weren't from the Tanakh.

And, yes, I do personally have a negative opinion of the Talmud. I do not however intend to say anything further on the matter.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
ftf, I don't think holding a negative view of the Talmud will go over well on a Jewish forum. This was uncalled for. If you have this belief, either keep it to yourself or politely state that you differ with the Talmud on this issue.

Tzvi, stop baiting him.

If you guys want to settle this, ask Chaim and see what he says on this subject.

ftf

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 05:20:58 PM »
ftf, I don't think holding a negative view of the Talmud will go over well on a Jewish forum. This was uncalled for. If you have this belief, either keep it to yourself or politely state that you differ with the Talmud on this issue.

Tzvi, stop baiting him.

If you guys want to settle this, ask Chaim and see what he says on this subject.
I have nothing I wish to settle, the topic came up, I gave my opinion, as far as I'm concerned, issue closed, unless someone wants to make something of it.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 05:52:37 PM »
Spotted owl... mm mm mm mm
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 07:41:34 PM »
Just something I wanted to share with my fellow Jews on the topic on Talmud and Rabbis.

http://www.torahanytime.com/rav_mizrachi.html

01/21/07 "The Power of our Sages"

The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »
eh, life as a rabbit is simple..not the end of the world..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »

I think no one here as a right to comment about the Kabbalah unless they are a Torah and Talmud scholar over a certain age, a male, and married with children...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

ftf

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 08:54:12 PM »

I think no one here as a right to comment about the Kabbalah unless they are a Torah and Talmud scholar over a certain age, a male, and married with children...
If you are going to apply that kind of logic to your holy books, it should be applied to everyone's holy books, that would mean that we can't comment about the Quran or Hadiths either.

The very idea you are suggesting makes no sense, if a book contains information from God intended for people, God will have made sure the people can understand it.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »

Is that a confession? (just joking, I hope your not). But anyway, its not because who said that its just one time, it could be many many times until if you merit it you then have a chance to again become a Jew (if you merit it and dont loose your shot), and then when one completes his mission then he can merit his place in the world to come.
 Either way a Jew is obligated- step #0 before anything to start learning Torah. then afterwards understand his mission and what he needs to do.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »

Maybe you are partially right, but that would be in a situation where if someone derives his own meaning and lesson/ thought based on Kabbalah, but if just quoting and giving over something that is public knowledge then its not a problem and actually something great if one gets Jews to learn some Torah.
 Besides that yes some things in Kabbalah is not good to be learnt by an am Haaretz (someone who doesn't know anything/much), for example some Meditations and Holy names and other things where one might become crazy if one goes into it too quick and without the proper guidence.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:06:09 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2008, 10:46:45 PM »
I agree with Chaimfan and Yacov. 

FTF, it's not a good idea to say on a Jewish forum that you don't care for the Talmud.  And Yacov is right about the Kabbalah.  It's not meant to be studied by young beginners who would take the material out of context. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2008, 11:43:09 PM »

If you are going to apply that kind of logic to your holy books, it should be applied to everyone's holy books, that would mean that we can't comment about the Quran or Hadiths either.

The very idea you are suggesting makes no sense, if a book contains information from G-d intended for people, G-d will have made sure the people can understand it.

Actually FTF, i don't think you understand where the Kabalah comes from...It's a very deep secret text...those who do not understand the talmud and torah fully will never accurately understand the kabalah..that includes me as well..and a lot of religious Jews too...So just letting you know. The kabala is very very deep...VERY DEEP...

The Koran is not deep..it's plagarized made up stuff...

so don't get me wrong..

The bunny-homosexuality comment in regards to what might be written in teh kaballa is not meant for me, tzvi, Chaim, TANIA or anyone else here to comment on..we are by no means any where close to be deserving in interpreting what was meant by what written about it if it was written

Got it?

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 12:44:45 AM »
ftf, I resent your insulting remarks against the Talmud, which you know absolutely nothing about. Your ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogance. I am not going to get into a religious debate with you here, even though I could easily win the debate, and by the end of the debate, you would be seriously doubting your own beliefs.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 12:57:11 AM »
Good comments from everybody. ftf, what you said was extremely insensitive, and you really upset Chaim (who NEVER goes off like this on JTF members). I think you owe the Jews of the forum an apology.

Dr. Dan is right. It is not the place of us Gentiles to judge Jewish holy books. If someone dissents from a Torahic/Talmudic teaching, they should either bite their tongue or find a respectful way to state it. I have a pet rabbit, and haven't ever quite heard before that she may have been a homosexual in a previous life (nor do I know how to respond to that), but I have no right--and no reason--to insult Judaism's holiest texts just because I can't accept it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2008, 01:12:55 AM »
I do get angered when people rip Christianity. That's why I understand how everyone feels now about him dissing the Talmud.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2008, 01:21:28 AM »
Heh, off topic, I wonder if I should change my ferret avatar to another one besides the ferret with the rabbit ears? lol I don't want people to think I have a reincarnated gay ferret in my posts.  :::D

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 01:22:07 AM »
He didn't just state his beliefs, Ruby. He said the Talmud is worthless or something like that. There was no reason for him to insult Judaism like that.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2008, 05:29:14 AM »
But Noahide laws are included within all that Christianity holds true. You can be a non-Noahide (as I am) and still support Noahide laws.

ftf

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2008, 05:50:17 AM »
ftf, I resent your insulting remarks against the Talmud, which you know absolutely nothing about. Your ignorance is only exceeded by your arrogance. I am not going to get into a religious debate with you here, even though I could easily win the debate, and by the end of the debate, you would be seriously doubting your own beliefs.
Arrogance? Ignorance? All I said is that some components of the Talmud give me a negative opinion of it. I would not say that if I did not have something to back it up, but as it is not something I really want to debate here, I have no intention of going into any detail. I do not think I am being particularly arrogant, you do not call me arrogant or ignorant when I tear Islamic texts apart, and if you look at my posts about them, you will see that I always back up my arguments in great detail, as I have not seen any Jews doing anything that I believe needs to be opposed based on what is written in Jewish scriptures, I see no need to attack them, but as a Christian, I cannot personally hold them (Jewish texts) in a positive light. I have no wish for a debate between us, but if you wish to have one, I have no doubt that I could tear you apart, I may be but 17, but I have been in many religious debates, and I have never lost even a single point in any of them.

I have no intention of causing upset or insult, and if I have done so I apologise, but surely, in a forum in which people follow different faiths, it is obvious that their views will differ. If we behave in a grown up manner, though, we should be able to accept our differing and work together for he common good.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2008, 06:49:18 AM »

Is that a confession? (just joking, I hope your not). But anyway, its not because who said that its just one time, it could be many many times until if you merit it you then have a chance to again become a Jew (if you merit it and dont loose your shot), and then when one completes his mission then he can merit his place in the world to come.
 Either way a Jew is obligated- step #0 before anything to start learning Torah. then afterwards understand his mission and what he needs to do.

What if it were a confession, CF?  You would have a gay homosexual who is pro JTF...now what? What if it was someone you cared about?

chaim actually answered a quuestion about this a year ago..that if Gd forbid, a child of ours was gay or had tendencies, we shoudl help him and be compassionate...But we shoudl not tolerate teh behavior itself.

For the record, I'm as straight as can be...:)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2008, 06:50:57 AM »

Maybe you are partially right, but that would be in a situation where if someone derives his own meaning and lesson/ thought based on Kabbalah, but if just quoting and giving over something that is public knowledge then its not a problem and actually something great if one gets Jews to learn some Torah.
 Besides that yes some things in Kabbalah is not good to be learnt by an am Haaretz (someone who doesn't know anything/much), for example some Meditations and Holy names and other things where one might become crazy if one goes into it too quick and without the proper guidence.

It's ok to quote stuff, but if you aren't a kabbalist, you have to put on the disclaimer that it is just a quote and that the meaning is completely complicated that you nor anyone who isn't a torah and talmud scholar over the age of 46 or 50 and not married nor has children can really interpret it properly.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 06:55:56 AM »
Arrogance? Ignorance? All I said is that some components of the Talmud give me a negative opinion of it. I would not say that if I did not have something to back it up, but as it is not something I really want to debate here, I have no intention of going into any detail. I do not think I am being particularly arrogant, you do not call me arrogant or ignorant when I tear Islamic texts apart, and if you look at my posts about them, you will see that I always back up my arguments in great detail, as I have not seen any Jews doing anything that I believe needs to be opposed based on what is written in Jewish scriptures, I see no need to attack them, but as a Christian, I cannot personally hold them (Jewish texts) in a positive light. I have no wish for a debate between us, but if you wish to have one, I have no doubt that I could tear you apart, I may be but 17, but I have been in many religious debates, and I have never lost even a single point in any of them.

I have no intention of causing upset or insult, and if I have done so I apologise, but surely, in a forum in which people follow different faiths, it is obvious that their views will differ. If we behave in a grown up manner, though, we should be able to accept our differing and work together for he common good.

I woudl love to see a debate between you and Chaim! 

ftf

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 07:01:55 AM »

I woudl love to see a debate between you and Chaim! 
I have no wish whatsoever to have such a debate. I thought the idea of JTF was that we would ignore our differences and work together to oppose common threats such as Islam.