Author Topic: This is what the JDL is busy with  (Read 1638 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
This is what the JDL is busy with
« on: January 03, 2008, 07:23:19 AM »
sounds more like the ADL :::D :::D :::D :::D :::DHome / The Shmooze / The JDL, TMZ and the WGA

The JDL, TMZ and the WGA

By Daniel Treiman
Wed. Jan 02, 2008
Article tools
Text size:   Larger | Smaller
   Print this article
   Email this article
   Other articles by Daniel Treiman
   More in The Shmooze

Jay Leno, Conan O’Brien and Jimmy Kimmel may be crossing the picket lines, but the Writers Guild of America is getting support from a surprising quarter: the Jewish Defense League, the fringe group founded by assassinated firebrand rabbi Meir Kahane.

It all started when the JDL went after one of America’s biggest movie stars.

In a recent interview with a Scottish newspaper, screen idol Will Smith remarked in passing that “Even Hitler didn’t wake up going, ‘Let me do the most evil thing I can do today.’” Instead, Smith suggested, “using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was ‘good.’”

While some saw Smith’s remarks as a thought-provoking meditation on the nature of evil, the JDL wasn’t as charitable. It accused Smith of having “spit on the memory of every person murdered by the Nazis” and called for a boycott of the star and his new film, “I Am Legend.”

Internet gossip sites and mainstream news outlets quickly blew the brouhaha into a big story, with Hollywood gossip powerhouse TMZ.com labeling the JDL a “leading Jewish group.”

Smith responded to the snowballing story by issuing a statement, saying he was “incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous misinterpretation,” and calling Hitler “a vile, heinous, vicious killer.”

That, it turns out, was enough to satisfy even the militant JDL, which announced that it would call off its boycott. But the JDL did not rest there. It seized the occasion to offer its two cents on another hot-button Hollywood issue: “In a related matter, the Jewish Defense League supports the Hollywood writers and hopes the strike is settled soon so that Smith, a very talented actor, can continue doing what he does so well.”

http://www.forward.com/articles/12384/ 
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
Re: This is what the JDL is busy with
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 09:07:15 AM »
I remember when the JDL got involved with an issue. People used to go running and screaming and actually got scared that the JDL was going to do something to cause a major ruckus. I miss those days.  :'(
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 10:48:15 AM »
Something about this story 'reads' as if it is another "Jackson-Sharpton" shakedown extortion racket.

I get the impression that the JDL is now in the extortion business.

How can a group claiming to represent "Jewish defense" support the Hollywood "writers" whose 'work', for the most part, weakens Jewish defense while weakening America?

I can almost hear Will Smith's manager & agent on the phone assuring the leader of JDL that "the check is in the mail".

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:03:40 AM »
It's unbeleivable
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:25:51 AM »
A couple of years before I found JTF, I looked at JDL's website to se what it was doing and they had a whole campaign against the short-lived XFL because one of the x helmets looking kind of like a swastika.

It was so stupid and frivilous. Complaining and attacking the xfl for something so obviously unintentional told me that the JDL was not what it once was.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 03:12:19 PM »
In a recent interview with a Scottish newspaper, screen idol Will Smith remarked in passing that “Even Hitler didn’t wake up going, ‘Let me do the most evil thing I can do today.’” Instead, Smith suggested, “using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was ‘good.’”

No evil  person will admit that he is evil. This is a fact.

In every prison you will find only innocent people. ;D

The Muslimes have to rescue the world from the Kufar ::).

The Nazis have to rescue the world from subhumans, Jews and bible believing Christians ::).

The Communists have to rescue the world from capitalists, middle classes and  religious people in general ::).
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 03:27:29 PM »
the word firebrand is an adjective that usually associated with Pastor that preaches fire and brimstone going to Hell type sermons.

Firebrand is not a bad term to use for someone that is or was passionate about a cause.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 04:58:15 PM »
the word firebrand is an adjective that usually associated with Pastor that preaches fire and brimstone going to Hell type sermons.

Firebrand is not a bad term to use for someone that is or was passionate about a cause.

ok thanks for informing us :)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »
Hehe yes firebrand, not flaming.   ;D

This is one of the dumbest things I've seen, but I'm surprised that the "JDL" was able to create such controversy, enough to prompt a response from a bigshot Hollywood actor.  It must be because of the legacy of the REAL JDL, so the organization must hold some weight with at least some people, or maybe it's just the explosive nature of online media along with one lie that JDL is a "leading Jewish group". 

I'm sure Shelley Rubin made the statement in a completely irrational state and then when Will Smith made his statement she realized how wrong she was and took her statement back. 

Does anyone know whether there are actually people in the JDL or whether it's just a one-woman show?
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 05:38:28 PM »
I think they have 3 JDLS shelly Rubins and the one located in Colorado

Shot at 2010-01-03