Author Topic: Islamic Voodoos: Hygiene (caution : might offend some readers)  (Read 7744 times)

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Islamic Voodoos: Hygiene (caution : might offend some readers)
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 04:17:05 PM »
What? that's insane?!

Here is the quote:

Bukhari:V7B71N590

"The climate of Medina did not suit some people so the Prophet ordered them to drink camel urine as a medicine."

My G-d, when do Muslims ever say to themselves "Could Muhammad be dispensing crappy advice?"

Actually Judeaoncapta you can sniff but the romans used to also brush their teeth with urine because it contained ammonia....here is something i found:

History of Urine-Therapy

The history of drinking urine for therapeutic purposes dates back at least to the Holy Roman Empire when great urinal troths were erected in the public squares of each city-state for residents to both contribute to, and benefit from. For centuries European Gypsies have known about the curative properties of urine, using cow urine to cure Bright's Disease (several acute and chronic diseases of the kidneys which produce albumin in urine). It has also been reported that the Yogis and Lamas of Tibet reach extended ages by drinking their own urine.

Through the ages there have been literally thousands of champions of this curious practice: In the early 1800s, a book titled One Thousand Notable Things describes the use of urine to cure scurvy, relieve skin itching, cleanse wounds, and many other treatments. An 18th century French dentist praised urine as a valuable mouthwash. In England during the 1860-70s, the drinking of one's own urine was a common cure for jaundice. In more modern times, the Alaskan Eskimos have used urine as an antiseptic to treat wounds.

“For hundreds of years, other cultures have used urine to treat a wide variety of health problems. Practitioners of Ayurvedic medicine (from India) routinely use urine as a remedy. Daily doses of 1 to 2 ounces of warm cow’s urine is used to treat cirrhosis of the liver. It is also prescribed as a diuretic, a laxative, and as a treatment for chronic malaria, headaches and fever. Goat’s urine is used for the same type of problems, while ox urine is prescribed to relive jaundice, worms, and diarrhea. Camel urine is used as a stimulant in cardiovascular disease. Human urine, however, still remains the most popular remedy.” Excerpts from Vol. 5, No. 14 August, 1994 Alternatives For the Health Conscious Individual The standard authority for drugs in Europe until the end of the eighteenth century was Lamery's Dictionnaire Universelle des Drogues. One of the late editions, published in 1759, contains a list of remedies under "Homo." It explains: "All parts of man, his excrescences and excrements, contain oil and the sals volatile, combined with phlegm and earth..."

While many people are aware that Gandhi drank his urine, few know that leather-clad rocker Jim Morrison began the practice of drinking his urine while on an LSD-induced spiritual quest in the Mojave Desert. One of the more famous modern day cases involves movie star Steve McQueen, who, it is said, in the last stages of cancer, survived solely on a diet of urine and boiled alligator skin prescribed by his Mexican doctors.

An enterprising young company has come up with a way to trap medically powerful proteins from urine. Enzymes of America has designed a special filter that collects important urine proteins, and these filters have been installed in all of the men's urinals in the 10,000 portable outhouses owned by the Porta-John company, a subsidiary of Enzymes of America.

Indian yogis reportedly have been drinking their urine as a cure for more than 5,000 years. More than 600 scientists gathered in Goa, India, for the first World Conference on Auto-Urine Therapy in February 1996. Some proponents in attendance believe human urine can treat everything from baldness to cancer and AIDS. The use of urine as a topical rub and drink not only is common in India, but also in Japan and Germany and a growing number of countries. At least two books, "The Golden Fountain: The Complete Guide to Urine Therapy," by Coen van der Kroon, and "Your Own Perfect Medicine," by Martha Christy, provide more info on “Urine-Therapy”.

When one is stranded without water they end up drinking their own urine.

Read this and then explain how it can be  so disgusting if it were for medecine. There weren't pills at the time of Muhammad, nature provided its own cures.

Sarah, you will not get me on board with urine drinking by telling me the Romans did it.

In case you didn't realize, my screenname judeanoncapta is Latin and is designed to stick it to the Romans who are responsible for destroying the Second Jewish State and the Holy Temple.

So anything the Romans did is something I would rather not do.
My name also refers to the victims of the Roman Empire.

Cool, please explain.

I'm sure you know enough Latin to know what Judea Non Capta means but I have no idea what Ambiorix is.

Its celtic name like Asterix and Obelix... Olthough I woud not call the Galls the victims of Rome, they bring the civilisation in Europe. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm