Author Topic: the help me debate atheists thread.  (Read 1030 times)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
the help me debate atheists thread.
« on: January 07, 2008, 04:12:46 AM »
Hi folks. i am proving to these ignorant atheists on a forum that the tonak and torah are not as evil as the quran. They have given me these lines as so called "evil" in the torah, since i dont think they are evil and have my own ways of answering them, but since you lot on here have more knowledge than me, i was hjoping you could help me.

These are the so called evil they gave me.....

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. Exodus 21:7-11

"Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God." It's ok, as long as you believe. Or...
Matthew 18:25: "But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made." Owing money means you get sold into slavery. Nice. There's a few anti-slavery verses in the bible, but way more pro-slavery messages

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
Re: the help me debate atheists thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 05:14:48 AM »
help folks, i dont want to mess this debate up...

Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 06:34:22 AM »
Sorry mate i don't know enough to help you

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:33:26 AM »
I dont have a lot of time- but ill briefly answer the first 2.
 That nation, attacked the Israelites unprovoked. They first tried to curse Israel threw Bilam, but that didn't work, then they advised a plan to get G-d angry at the Israelites by making their women seduce the Jewish men with sleeping with them.  They did it cleverly catching many men in this sin, which caused Divine anger in the Israelite camp. I belive that 40,000 men died in a plague that G-d sent, until Pinhas Alav Hashalom (Peace be upon him), killed Zimri (a prince who openly slept with one of their women), the women, and Bilam (the one who advised this whole plan from the beginning.
  Because of this specifically the women involved in this sin (those who volunteered to do so) were supposed to be killed (by G-d's order). Also the men becuase they were fighting and posing a military threat.  But the women who werent involved in the sin, were allowed to stay alive.
 One has to realise that the WORST sin in Judaism is for a Jewish man to sleep with a non-Jew. So thats why the punishment for those men involved was severe (they died in a plague), and also the punishment of those women and nation who caused that had to also be severe.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 01:13:17 PM »
There are atheists who use the term "hell."  However, if their atheists, then why would they think that there's such thing as a "hell." 

Maybe you can use that in your debate?

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 01:30:38 PM »
yes and also many Athiests use the word "G-d"
I wonder why that is, most say "Oh G-d"

or use it in vulgar ways...... .  ....

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 02:09:29 PM »
yes and also many Athiests use the word "G-d"
I wonder why that is, most say "Oh G-d"

or use it in vulgar ways...... .  ....

Exactly

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 08:34:19 PM »
I am an atheist and i refer to god all the time... why? because i used to be a Christian and old habits die hard. 

Also god is a part of the everyday lexicon that is to be used by all no matter of your beliefs.  This is why people who are athiests still have a celebration for Christmas.  Trust me its not to remember that the J-man died for ours sins it is because we want to spend quality time with our families and get stuff too.