Author Topic: Is height important?  (Read 61711 times)

Kiwi (Skippy)

Is height important?
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:15:56 AM »
Is height important to you when finding a partner?

Do you like taller or shorter people to you.

Franky it matters a lot to me, because I am a very very very tall woman, I like men taller than me. Making them at least 6 foot 2 and above. Shorter I don't feel comfortable at all.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:21:44 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Is height important?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:15:51 AM »
I guess it matters to women more... LOL!

kellymaureen

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 12:03:28 PM »
Is height important to you when finding a partner?

Do you like taller or shorter people to you.

Franky it matters a lot to me, because I am a very very very tall woman, I like men taller than me. Making them at least 6 foot 2 and above. Shorter I don't feel comfortable at all.

My sister is 5'10" and shes the same, she wouldnt date anyone under 6'2 or 3
Luckily Im short at 5'5" so its never been an issue for me, long as he is at least my height I wouldnt care.

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 06:37:51 PM »
Oh your poor sister Kelly  :( yup its shocking, why are men not tall  :-\

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 06:54:05 PM »
 ??? Now I wonder.......... Naw  :P
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

kellymaureen

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »

Her husband is 6'3"  lol
My brother is 6'5" and oddly enough prefers very petite women:P

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »

Her husband is 6'3"  lol
My brother is 6'5" and oddly enough prefers very petite women:P

Yes they do! MEN! I see it all the time, My brother is 6'5" as well married a lady shorter than you  :::D

She is the lovely sister in law, I am very fond of her.  :)

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 12:55:53 AM »
yes
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 05:51:24 AM »
I'm a midget, only 5'9 unfortunately, but taller in heels (joke).

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 06:27:58 AM »
I'm a midget, only 5'9 unfortunately, but taller in heels (joke).

LOL 6 inch pumps should make you a nice hieght  :P

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 12:53:44 AM »
If you love somebody,you do not notice if they short!Not at all.That is way you love!I hope all of you love somebody so much,that you
do not notice! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »
well I have to admit my wife is shorter than me and a blonde and was onced courted to be a lingere model but hey why brag  ;D
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 08:59:34 PM »
I'm 5'11, I don't think I would date below 5'5, just by preference. I prefer them tall.. I would even date a girl taller than me (assuming she would want to date me as well lol) My ex was 5'10, and she didn't like heels, so it worked out fine haha

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 11:07:51 AM »
I'm 5'11, I don't think I would date below 5'5, just by preference. I prefer them tall.. I would even date a girl taller than me (assuming she would want to date me as well lol) My ex was 5'10, and she didn't like heels, so it worked out fine haha

Yep. Different tastes for different people. A lot of men like the long legs.
 I'm short and I prefer only 6 foot tall men and taller. My ex-boyfriend was 6' 4" and celtic, with beautiful green eyes and long dark hair. OK, he was a goth, so he was blond but dyed his hair black.  :laugh:

:::D I knew the dark hair didn't sound right lol

Offline Yonatan777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 02:18:25 AM »
Oh more G-dless chutzpah thinking that love has to do with the size of your legs... Where in Torah does it talk about a person's heart being measured by the size of their legs and spine?  Yeah, I am a muscular, but short man of 5,9", so I guess I understand Height rejection, but I am fine and happy with it.  How deep of a relationship can it be when you assess a person's spirit by how good you look in heels next to that person?  I thank G-d that I am free from worrying about height as a ticket to love.  If she is 6 feet and gives honor to G-d and lives a good holy life, I will take her to a 5foot 5 inch woman who is hateful, arrogant and unloving.  In reality, I see lot of big tall guys who look like cupcakes cause they never had time to grow spiritually and are just admired for their length.  A real man is weighed by his inner spirit that G-d gives him and his devotion to G-d and his teachings.   So many tall guys are in love with their height and the sex appeal and don't realize that if they ever lose their legs, the girls who so much craved their height will be looking for some other tall piece of  flesh to lean on.   So, I Praise Hashem for making me short, that I can see people for their true nature, not their sexual lusts and vain cares of flesh.

In reality, western women (Especially American gals) are more self-conscious and care about outer appearance than men do.  A man will date any half decent (sometimes not decent) looking woman who makes him happy, whereas a woman will demand he has proper height, weight proportion and please be tall dark, handsome.  Also, a clean shave is a must, which also makes it tough for a devoted Jewish guy, since women don't have to worry about this teaching.

The sad thing is, more Jewish woman than gentile woman turn me down for having a beard. I will find a woman who goes for a tall person rather than a hard working and faithful person.  Any mystery why we have a 60% divorce rate in America?  The most common line I hear from these women, is: "Well I wanted tall and handsome, but he ended up really being a @!#*.  Now I am a single mother, blah blah."

Offline Yonatan777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 02:25:57 AM »
People just have different tastes.
The men I dated who were 6 feet tall or more just preferred short ladies. I didn't complain, being shorter made me feel protected by my 6'2 giant. He liked the feeling of being tall and strong while I was delicate and shorter.

Why does being 6,2 make you feel protected?   Some of the strongest men I saw at my gym where 5,1 and can bench over 800lbs.  Muscle fiber concentration has much more to do with the ability of a man to protect his woman   ::) , then length of his spine and legs.   I see so many tall popsicles walking around who can snap if you slap them on back to hard..  LOL..   Jean Claude Van Damme and Chuck Norris at 5,8 do not have any problems tearing apart men twice their size. 

Offline Yonatan777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 06:58:26 PM »
Yonatan777, lol, you're right!
But the men I dated in the past were all not only tall but really strong too, all but one "twig".
I felt protected when they hugged me and I was so small in their arms, I suppose. I liked that feeling, it would not be the same to hug a guy of the same height, they were a lot taller than me. And since I'm a short lady, I like that feeling of having a tall guy. But I do agree with you.

I am stronger than many men I met who are 6,2 or even 6,4..  Many of the strongest guys I see at my old gym are those short Mexican guys, who scare the life out of me and are strong as iron, despite being on average less than 5,8..   A lot of the tall yuppy caucasian guys I see were amazingly weak, perhaps not as much drive to be macho, since they already are popular.  Of course there are strong people from all races and heights, dedication is most important.  I think most people, especially women, misjudge the strength of men; as height is much less a factor than width.  The Great Gama of Pakistan, was 5,6 and an undefeated wrestling champion.  He defeated all his opponents, some who even were 7 feet tall.

Despite all this analysis on height and strength, I personally think at a spiritual level this is rubbish.  I will say if you judge and marry a man by how tall your children will be and how  much you can hold onto, I think you are a shallow person.  Please don't be offend, it just my spiritual observation of the manner.  Women and men have degraded each other into just sex and flesh toys.  Men are guilty of this like you, I know many men who will not marry a woman who doesn't have good curvature or breast size.  Lot of slim girls, who would be perfectly good mothers and wives also are left out in the dirt.   I am thankful I will not marry a woman who's main concern is the size of the children compared to the spiritual relationship we will have and that the children will grow up to be loving and righteous people.   

People in today's world are so shallow and concern with superficial things, no wonder divorce is skyrocketing and children grow up in single homes.  Once your beauty goes, so does the person who pretended to love you.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:00:24 PM by Yonatan777 »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 07:40:57 PM »
Yonatan777, lol, you're right!
But the men I dated in the past were all not only tall but really strong too, all but one "twig".
I felt protected when they hugged me and I was so small in their arms, I suppose. I liked that feeling, it would not be the same to hug a guy of the same height, they were a lot taller than me. And since I'm a short lady, I like that feeling of having a tall guy. But I do agree with you.

I am stronger than many men I met who are 6,2 or even 6,4..  Many of the strongest guys I see at my old gym are those short Mexican guys, who scare the life out of me and are strong as iron, despite being on average less than 5,8..   <snip>

yes, but women don't get that.  (and some men don't either)..

furthermore, even if you are twice as strong as an average man, women wouldn't notice. As far as they are concerned, if you can open a jar, (or better, lift a suitcase), then you have the infinite strength of superman.   
It's just like, an ignoramous, cannot judge between 2 rabbis, so similarly, a woman who has so little strength, cannot judge between 2 people -so- much stronger than herself

they would notice in a clothless situation, if you look like bruce lee or stallone.  but by that time you would probably be married to her! Maybe if swimming or on a beach, but if that's the case, it's showing off!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 10:29:41 PM »
I know. I must be the most shallow person ever  :'(. I'm really sorry about it. I just can't help it.

It is commonly in a woman`s nature to want to feel protected.   A psychological feeling..

It does show a sweetness and feminine vulnerability. Nothing to be sorry about!

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 11:36:41 PM »
  I'm 5'9 and my boyfriend is taller then me..I think this is normal...and yes I think height is important.
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Yonatan777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 11:38:29 PM »
I know. I must be the most shallow person ever  :'(. I'm really sorry about it. I just can't help it.

It is commonly in a woman`s nature to want to feel protected.   A psychological feeling..

It does show a sweetness and feminine vulnerability. Nothing to be sorry about!

Except she throws good men in the dirt, to get her tall man (neanderthal mentality) who runs away with another prettier girl and leaves her paying her own child support.  I see it all the time.  Personally, I like a woman being feminine, but she should give all men their chance to prove their spiritual and masculine selves..  A big bozo can just as easily ruin your life as I have seen many do their women, who just whine and cry how it could happen to them.  WHat do they expect?  They marry a big piece of flesh, not a human; its all eugenism, she says she needs taller children, not holier children.  My belief, and forgive me, as  I  could be wrong, is that if Mills had to choose between tall handsome non-religious man and short half-decent looking man who is spiritual and adheres to Torah and livese a holy way of life, she would choose the former.

At one time I was like this, before I came closer to G-d... I only wanted a very curvy, voluptuous woman with good body who was shorter than myself.  But when I had my awakening, suddenly I learned deeper meanings of the universe and saw how futile our carnal desire are.  This is what the wise men of the past spoke of, how many are fixiated on the tempting woman who has brought many down to Sheol..

Anyhow, religious Jews don't do so much pre-marital dating, so I know we are dealing with the secularized Jew, and most do desire the carnal, rather than the inner-most being that Torah teaches.   Love is spiritual bond, not physical so much, since we lose our beauty very quickly; we are all withering in the sands of time.  When our sweet blossom of flesh fades, it is less than the dust which remains.

newman

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 11:39:15 PM »
Women (generally) hate little men. Thank G-d I'm 5'11". :)

Offline Yonatan777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 11:39:33 PM »
  I'm 5'9 and my boyfriend is taller then me..I think this is normal...and yes I think height is important.

Why because you need to look good in heels?  Where in Torah does it talk about that?  

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 11:39:42 PM »
Thickness is more important.

Offline Yonatan777

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 11:42:13 PM »
Women (generally) hate little men. Thank G-d I'm 5'11". :)

How much do you weigh?  Women hate skinny men more, men with small shoulders and scrawny chests or women like breasts hanging down from too much junk food.  I have analyzed all this...

Once again its too bad us Jews have degraded ourselves so much like this as to worry about these rubbish things.  Some of the greatest Jews ever were not tall or muscular or handsome even. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 12:02:17 AM by Yonatan777 »