Author Topic: PTSD, Meds, and the Back Door Gun Ban (Video)  (Read 34476 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
PTSD, Meds, and the Back Door Gun Ban (Video)
« on: January 08, 2008, 06:43:03 PM »
This is why I am opposed to disarming "so called" mentally ill people.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bsdSjde0r18
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 06:47:31 PM by Cohen »

Offline Me

• Junior JTFer
Re: PTSD, Meds, and the Back Door Gun Ban (Video)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:25:49 PM »
That's very disturbing.  Democrats think that anyone who wants to own a gun is mentally deficient.
Blaming guns for Columbine is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.

Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 09:40:24 PM »
Interesting, PTSD with a gun I say NO, Mental ill people I say NO, Adults with correct mental skills and knowledge Yes.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 09:49:39 PM »
Interesting, PTSD with a gun I say NO, Mental ill people I say NO, Adults with correct mental skills and knowledge Yes.

I'm bipolar, are you against me owning a gun?

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 03:31:59 AM »

yes

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 03:51:44 AM »

yes

That's wonderful to think that you believe I should be treated as a 2nd class citizen and do not have a right to protect myself.

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 03:55:29 AM »

yes

That's wonderful to think that you believe I should be treated as a 2nd class citizen and do not have a right to protect myself.

I never said that you did.

And do you think anyone that is unarmed a second class citizen? Why ask a question you know you will not like the answer too?

This is my point you are not taking into account other ways to protect yourself. The gun doesn't not make you a man.

Just because you have a mental illness I am meant to feel sorry for you?

I have a moral code I will not break for anyone.

If you were in my unit, I would have you booted that far tomorrow would seem like yesterday.

Not that I don't like you as a person because I do very much, just you pose a risk, that I would never be willing to take.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 04:00:37 AM by Skippy »

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 03:59:05 AM »

yes

I never said that you did.

And do you think anyone that is unarmed a second class citizen? Why ask a question you know you will not like the answer too?

This is my point you are not taking into account other ways to protect yourself. The gun doesn't not make you a man.

So how does me having a gun make me any more dangerous than driving a car?

Never know when I might have a mental breakdown and decide to run over a bunch of school kids during recess.

Kiwi

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 04:09:46 AM »

Never know when I might have a mental breakdown and decide to run over a bunch of school kids during recess.

You know as well as anyone else a car is not classed as a firearm. You know with that line of thinking, why do they have traffic laws and road rules, is it not my right to drive a car when I like, how I like and at what age I choose.

The answer is same as why there needs to be gun laws.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 04:15:21 AM »

You know as well as anyone else a car is not classed as a firearm. You know with that line of thinking, why do they have traffic laws and road rules, is it not my right to drive a car when I like, how I like and at what age I choose.

A firearm is a inanimate object just like a car, it requires an operator. The way I interpret your post is that a car is a completely different class of item therefore when a mentally ill person operates a vehicle, they can do so in a safe manner.

However when a mentally ill person encounters a firearm, handling of this object will turn the operator insane and cause them to go on a killing spree killing little timmy and his friend next door. The operator drops the firearm and returns to a sane state, realizes what he has done, crys, and then kills himself. Media has a field day and says "what a tragedy, more gun control laws! Mentally ill shouldn't have guns".

Ah I understand the logic now, well I better go to the gun buyback at walmart and buy a moped, I can't hurt anyone with that. ;)

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 04:15:31 AM »
You may well know that a car can be classified as a deadly weapon when used improperly by Law Enforcement in certain situations.

However one has to be careful in dealing with RIGHTS vs Privileges. Driving a car is not addressed in the US Constitution but the right to bear arms is addressed. Makes a BIG difference.  :-*
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Kiwi

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 04:26:09 AM »

A firearm is a inanimate object just like a car, it requires an operator. The way I interpret your post is that a car is a completely different class of item therefore when a mentally ill person operates a vehicle, they can do so in a safe manner.

However when a mentally ill person encounters a firearm, handling of this object will turn the operator insane and cause them to go on a killing spree killing little timmy and his friend next door. The operator drops the firearm and returns to a sane state, realizes what he has done, crys, and then kills himself. Media has a field day and says "what a tragedy, more gun control laws! Mentally ill shouldn't have guns".

Ah I understand the logic now, well I better go to the gun buyback at walmart and buy a moped, I can't hurt anyone with that. ;)

Quite honestly I am not hugely in favour of mentally ill people driving either. I am sure you can find a way if you wished to hurt someonne. I have seen a plastic spoon used as a weapon.

Kiwi

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 04:29:39 AM »
You may well know that a car can be classified as a deadly weapon when used improperly by Law Enforcement in certain situations.

However one has to be careful in dealing with RIGHTS vs Privileges. Driving a car is not addressed in the US Constitution but the right to bear arms is addressed. Makes a BIG difference.  :-*

You are very affectionate man KJ with now kissing people, but still  doesn't change that there are laws to govern ownership and use of a car, and reasons behind it. Same reasons why Mentally ill people should not have a gun.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 04:30:39 AM »

Quite honestly I am not hugely in favour of mentally ill people driving either. I am sure you can find a way if you wished to hurt someonne. I have seen a plastic spoon used as a weapon.

So your against mentally ill people driving a car as well then? And your telling me that you don't think that a mentally ill person would be a 2nd class citizen? Being deprived of the ability to drive or own a gun sounds like 2nd class citizenship to me.

I think the key word your thinking of here is mentally incompetent and those that are a danger to themselves. Not all mentally ill people are incompetent, should we class PMS as a mental disease?

How many people in the US do you think are on pills for depression or other causes? How about ADD? OCD?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 04:32:33 AM by Cohen »

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 04:37:23 AM »
I think the KEY here is what is considered Mentally Ill? Having a bout of Depression or grieving from the lost of a loved one and needing antidepressants for a short term. Or how about someone that has been raped or assaulted and are now under treatment with medications and therapy?

One has to be very clear on what your classification of Mentally Ill is.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Kiwi

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 05:09:03 AM »

So your against mentally ill people driving a car as well then? And your telling me that you don't think that a mentally ill person would be a 2nd class citizen?

Thats correct on all counts. I can't flight a plane so am I a second class citizen, I can't drive a train, Am I a second class citizen? the answer is no.

Just means I take other forms of transport, or have some one in control of the equipment.

Kiwi

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 05:12:32 AM »
I think the KEY here is what is considered Mentally Ill? Having a bout of Depression or grieving from the lost of a loved one and needing antidepressants for a short term. Or how about someone that has been raped or assaulted and are now under treatment with medications and therapy?

One has to be very clear on what your classification of Mentally Ill is.

Clinically proven. As for short term, suspending access is generally a normal process. And after the attack is over, and 100% fit, then access is granted.

As it already does.

Offline Me

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 07:15:30 AM »
Bipolar, PTSD, and especially someone who has been raped ought to be able to carry a gun. As for retards who can't feed themselves, or people who need to stay in straight jackets, no.  Most of the people who are mentally ill enough are already "off the streets". And yes, being deprived of a Constitutional right does entail second-class citizenship. Besides, this law is a farce so they can go after anyone.  If they listened to Chaim's videos, they would come up with some crap to diagnose him with.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:18:03 AM by Caleb #72 »
Blaming guns for Columbine is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.

Kiwi

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 07:36:38 AM »
Retards?? When did people with disabilities or elders become retards.

Oh sorry you are 18 years old, what did I except.............
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:38:36 AM by Skippy »

Offline Me

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 07:49:48 AM »
Listen, I meant people who are so retarded that they can barely function alone. Obviously I don't think old people are retarded; I think they should have guns too. Besides, you can't say anything--you don't want Cohen to own a gun because he is bipolar. Clearly by his posts, he is very capable of owning a firearm.  By the way, I'd wager to say that I am more intelligent than many "adults" out there.

Kiwi

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 07:54:45 AM »
Listen, I meant people who are so retarded that they can barely function alone. Obviously I don't think old people are retarded; I think they should have guns too. Besides, you can't say anything--you don't want Cohen to own a gun because he is bipolar. Clearly by his posts, he is very capable of owning a firearm.  By the way, I'd wager to say that I am more intelligent than many "adults" out there.

You didn't state that in your early post, and i think you just tried to pull yourself out of it.

I think you would lose your wager.

Offline Me

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 07:58:35 AM »
Not all, but many. I can prove that I am smarter than millions of adults right now. There are millions of people in the democratic party, all of whom I am more intelligent than. :) No, by the way, I was not trying to "pull myself out of it" I would never say that old people with disabilities are retarded.

Kiwi

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 08:08:19 AM »
Not all, but many. I can prove that I am smarter than millions of adults right now. There are millions of people in the democratic party, all of whom I am more intelligent than. :) No, by the way, I was not trying to "pull myself out of it" I would never say that old people with disabilities are retarded.

.As for retards who can't feed themselves

What was meant by that?

As for voting I am sure in America the people that vote at least can feed themselves  ::)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 01:37:45 PM »

.As for retards who can't feed themselves

What was meant by that?

As for voting I am sure in America the people that vote at least can feed themselves  ::)

He's referring to the mentally disabled or a person with down syndrome.

And a car is pretty much a necessity in the US, just as much as a gun.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 02:16:38 PM »
Honestly I have been keeping an watch on this thread and I find something very disturbing. Just as those whom want to keep guns out the hands of the common citizen here in the USA. One can find an excuse or a reason to do this however let me quote for you from some famous Documents.

USA Bill Of Rights

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

There are no hidden meanings in this statement. When a person or persons start making footnotes as who can own and bear arms are going against the Founding Fathers of our Country.

American Disabilities Act

An individual with a disability is defined by the ADA as a person
who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one
or more major life activities

This does not mean a person who has a disability is incapable of owning a firearm. You will agree a person with a Mental Illness falls into this listing. It all depends on how SEREVE the disability of course this should very carefully done. They Vote, Use Public Transport, Have equal access to education, Medical Care,etc....

Now what distrubs me is this thought process that one can not own a weapon based on another's opinion as to why one's AMERICAN right to bear arms.

What is next....This very mindset and track is what is getting people killed in our streets when you start chipping away at our freedoms. You can reason and think of reasons why someone does not have the right to own a weapon. HOW about changing the course and start thinking of why someone SHOULD own a firearm.