Author Topic: Why Do We Worship People?  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Why Do We Worship People?
« on: January 14, 2008, 07:15:04 AM »
I'm of the mind that only G-d should be worshipped, one of my favorite tenents that Judaism teaches.  Yet, in society at large it seems like people worship lowlives ranging form cheating athletes to bimbo singers and actresses, etc.  Why are we inundated with ridiculous articles and TV shows covering this drek.  Furthermore, this coverage always seems to come at the expense of people who should command true respect, Doctors, lawyers (well, scratch that one, lol), and above all parents who care for children and create stable family environments.  Yet another sad state of affairs in the world in my opinion.  It's a sham. :'( 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 07:43:07 AM by Ari »

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Why Do We Worship People?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:31:49 AM »
People want heroes.
That's why.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 07:38:30 AM »
Because we hate ourselves and our own lives.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 07:45:12 AM »
I can understand heroes to a small degree, though I think worshipping even the most righteous should be kept to a minimal.  However, the so called heroes people actually look up to are in fact the opposite, many times the lowest of the low.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 07:49:12 AM »
Yes, I agree, Yacov.  That's my main point.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 07:50:08 AM »
It is not possible.
You should forget about Kahane then, as well.

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
I admired, loved, and respected Kahane, as I do Chaim.  Still, I wouldn't put it in the same realm as worship.  Ask Chaim yourself, he is not trying to start a cult or religion.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 08:13:22 AM »
I admired, loved, and respected Kahane, as I do Chaim.  Still, I wouldn't put it in the same realm as worship.  Ask Chaim yourself, he is not trying to start a cult or religion.
Kahanism can be regarded as a branch of Judaism, and Chaims JTF, can be regarded as a cult, a word that has a negative connotation.
But it is certainly a religious-political movement.

On a certain forum, posters are calling Chaim "a person that is being worshipped by JTF-keyboard-warriors, and thinks as if he was the messiah".

DISCLAIMER:
don't get me wrong:
I do regard Chaim Ben Pesach, and Rabbi Meir Kahane as a good leaders.
i do not worship them, I just like them, and think they are doing the right thing!
We need more leaders like them.

I just think it is good to worship god, and to have inspiring leaders, and it is good to remember and respect heroes,
such as Kahane, Goldstein, Polard, Herzl, Mozes, David.