Author Topic: Did Huck go to far? I say yes.  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Did Huck go to far? I say yes.
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:40:14 PM »
Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'G-d's standards'

Trumpeldor: The Constitution MUST NOT BE CHANGED!

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Huckabee_Amend_Constitution_to_meet_Gods_0115.html

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Did Huck go to far? I say yes.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »
THis is a dangerous thing...because if that were to happen and then Gd forbid a Muslim president won, Guess which god we woudl be answering to?  yeh! Bad call Huckabee.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »
THis is a dangerous thing...because if that were to happen and then Gd forbid a Muslim president won, Guess which G-d we woudl be answering to?  yeh! Bad call Huckabee.
Excuse me, sir!  There is only one G-d and that G-d by Lord is certainly not a Muslim Hashish Smoking Fantasy of Glorifying Hell.

Exactly only one G-d,

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:32:57 PM »
Other religions also refer to G-d or Gods.

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Barnes

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 02:45:32 PM »
I could care less if one man supported this view but more than 30,000,000 evangelicals want to see this happen.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 03:13:34 PM »
THis is a dangerous thing...because if that were to happen and then Gd forbid a Muslim president won, Guess which G-d we woudl be answering to?  yeh! Bad call Huckabee.
Excuse me, sir!  There is only one G-d and that G-d by Lord is certainly not a Muslim Hashish Smoking Fantasy of Glorifying Hell.

Hey I agree with you 100%...But what if a Muslim president came to be?  And this was written in the constitution that it was mandated by Gd...heheh, guess what?  A Muslim president will use that against us and impose Shariah!!  So ummm...Let's be inspired by Gd, but let's not impose a single theology in this wonderful country.  Let's be righteous Jews and Gentiles and fight evil...and promote good.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »
I could care less if one man supported this view but more than 30,000,000 evangelicals want to see this happen.

I have an idea for Huck and the evangelicals who agree with this particular sentiment;

Let's first do everything possible within the Constitution to honor and respect G-d's standards. We're not even close to doing that.  So, the bottom line is that it was a RECKLESS and ill-advised comment to make.

The universal qualities of the Judeo-Christian tradition is what the Founders cherished. The Founders were extremely tolerant of people's religions and would certainly not wish to impose their perceived standards on anyone else.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:38:39 PM by Trumpeldor »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 03:51:13 PM »

I have an idea for Huck and the evangelicals who agree with this particular sentiment;

Let's first do everything possible within the Constitution to honor and respect G-d's standards. We're not even close to doing that.  So, the bottom line is that it was a RECKLESS and ill-advised comment to make.

The universal qualities of the Judeo-Christian tradition is what the Founders cherished. The Founders were extremely tolerant of people's religions and would certainly not wish to impose their perceived standards on anyone else.

Amen! Huck has to watch what he says...or else 75% of this country will vote against him in the general elections and go for a "more tolerant" Obama or Hitlery who we all know is 1000 times worse. Hey, I don't mind having an evangelical who wants to place evangelical values into the constitution by indicating that mentioning Gd is necessary...However, a Muslim can use the same double standard to impose Allah in place of Gd in the constitution with Huck's ideology but from a different opposite point of view.  BAD IDEA for the USA.

Offline Barnes

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 04:05:33 PM »
Huckabee isn't so bad, but I've heard a rant like this from truly insane people. God says the role of man is to forgive, but fanatics believe it's their right to carry out God's justice themselves. Without faith in God's justice they turn to big government or military dictatorships.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »
The worst thing is that this is the PROOF needed by liberals when they say that he is a fanatic.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 07:06:15 PM »
The worst thing is that this is the PROOF needed by liberals when they say that he is a fanatic.
He needs to bring this message out in moderation. I was working the Detroit News blog last night for a few hours and a lady commented back strongly about Huckabee and this issue. It seems some folks are put off by his positions on religion. While it is good that he shows his hand to the grass root conservatives he needs to remember he also needs votes from the moderates.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 01:48:56 PM »
Isn't what he meant that he is in favor of a constitution amendment that defines marriage?

Offline SirGallantry

• Junior JTFer
;)
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 02:00:08 PM »
;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:51:23 PM by SirGallantry »

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 02:31:35 PM »
This is far beyond the lines of what he should have gone if he wants to get the nod and in fact i believe this made this election a 2man race between Romney and Mccain.  The constitution was written without god for a reason.  The US contrary to what most evangelicals may want is not a Theocracy.  He just alienated himself to only appeal to a small percentage of people.  Then you add in that most evangelicals are on the fence with him already over the Tax issue and he is toast to anyone who is reasonably informed outside of the extreme right who don't care about the economy.

Also although you believe in one god the US is supportive of religious freedom and therefore this kind of change could never happen.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 03:27:29 PM »
At last!

Huckabee is going to get circumcised!

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 03:28:59 PM »
although i have said this before it seems to have been missed by you but "In god we trust" was not added as the US motto until 1956 and was added much as a response to communism, which was widely seen to be atheist, by Eisenhower.  Before that it was the much better fitting "E Pluribus Unum" translated from Latin to say "from many, one"

America is not the home of the righteous.  If it were we would not be selling billions in arms to Saudi.  We are the home of the self-serving people with agendas who don't understand that the national budget Is not a limitless credit card.

Also god in the case of the dollar refers to the belief in a higher power not necessarily your god, just a god.

Offline SirGallantry

• Junior JTFer
;)
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 03:45:26 PM »
;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:49:13 PM by SirGallantry »

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 04:08:20 PM »
No my belief system is fairly straight forward... i don't believe in G-d and post on here (originally because i am a Ron Paul supporter and you guys got one of my friends youtube accounts banned) but mostly because this board has very different views than my own and i welcome the debate because it only makes my beliefs in my own views that much stronger.  If you don't test your theories about life against the others out there then you will never learn from it.

I have my own principles; however, a theocratic society is far from one of them and i fairly sure that you are in the minority on this one.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 04:10:09 PM by dejavu »