Author Topic: Seven killed in attack on Peshawar mosque  (Read 1559 times)

Kiwi

Seven killed in attack on Peshawar mosque
« on: January 18, 2008, 08:48:48 AM »
Seven killed in attack on Peshawar mosque   
IANS     Thursday 17th January, 2008   

Seven people were killed and at least 20 injured in a suicide attack on a mosque in Peshawar Thursday evening despite heavy security in the light of Muharram, the Muslim month of mourning.

'Seven people were killed and several, including women and children, injured in the attack on a Shia mosque when the people were attending a mourning session,' Peshawar nazim (administrator) Haji Ghulam Ali told IANS.

He said that while the priest was making speech a young man not more than 22 years of age jumped into the mosque and blew himself killing four and injuring many. The attacker was also killed.

The government has made elaborate security arrangements for Muharram, during which extremists from the Shia and Sunni communities have attacked each others' mosques in the past.

North West Frontier Province (NWFP) capital Peshawar is already in the grip of violence with clashes between militants and security agencies, particularly in the tribal belt bordering the province and Afghanistan.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
Re: Seven killed in attack on Peshawar mosque
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:42:32 AM »
religion of peaces  ;D
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 07:42:05 PM »
 :::D :::D :::D :D

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 11:47:22 PM »
Ken Yirbu.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana