Poll

Should Intemarriage Be Banned?

Absolutely.
20 (66.7%)
No.
10 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Intermarriage Banning Poll + Lecture  (Read 27916 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Intermarriage Banning Poll + Lecture
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2008, 11:05:03 PM »
damn you..you moved it here again!

LOL they are keeping you on your toes Doc  :::D

It's a great topic for everyone to learn from...

learning is a Jewish thing...not just a sefardic thing..

However, I remain critical to Rabbi Mizrachi...However, I dont' blame him for his method...it's somebody to learn from when one of us have children one day and need to keep them at bay.

ooooo. You learned a lot I see. Glad you are joining up with your Sefardic heritige.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Kiwi

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2008, 01:17:09 AM »
damn you..you moved it here again!

LOL they are keeping you on your toes Doc  :::D

It's a great topic for everyone to learn from...

Thats life Doc we never stop learning

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2008, 02:58:47 PM »
::)  Your not allowed to do this and your not allowed to do that, which is worse I am not personally able to answer, if you care ask the Rabbi, he will tell you your answer, but dont try to bait me to answer something and then you say see this or that, or look the other thing is worse, so I can justify doing what my lusts want. - I didn't hear him address that particullarly, BUT he did say that a Jew having relations with a goya is worse then for him to have with his mother.
 The galut does not justify anything, and has nothing to do with anything. If someone is really having a problem let them find a Jewish women, marry her properly and then enjoy himself, but allowing or justifying something that is EVIL should never be done. If one has done this, he should be ashamed and their is no mitzva to confess this type of sin publicly or even worse to try to justify it.

I'll try. I want to be happy and have a good woman. I don't think I am selfish in this regard.  You are probably right and I probably should be ashamed.  I just haven't seen any Jewish women who I feel I could be happy with?

I don't think I'd be a good fit for an ultra-religious girl, nor for a secular girl so I'm kind of stuck.

Trust me, I do not want to go against the word of Hashem.

Yeah intermarriage sucks...I've seen it in my family and I can see some of the truths about it.

But I get so lonely and I am only young once.

Pray for me that hashem redeems me and sends me a Jewish wife that fulfills me in every way and that he forgives me for what I've done.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »
::)  Your not allowed to do this and your not allowed to do that, which is worse I am not personally able to answer, if you care ask the Rabbi, he will tell you your answer, but dont try to bait me to answer something and then you say see this or that, or look the other thing is worse, so I can justify doing what my lusts want. - I didn't hear him address that particullarly, BUT he did say that a Jew having relations with a goya is worse then for him to have with his mother.
 The galut does not justify anything, and has nothing to do with anything. If someone is really having a problem let them find a Jewish women, marry her properly and then enjoy himself, but allowing or justifying something that is EVIL should never be done. If one has done this, he should be ashamed and their is no mitzva to confess this type of sin publicly or even worse to try to justify it.

I'll try. I want to be happy and have a good woman. I don't think I am selfish in this regard.  You are probably right and I probably should be ashamed.  I just haven't seen any Jewish women who I feel I could be happy with?

I don't think I'd be a good fit for an ultra-religious girl, nor for a secular girl so I'm kind of stuck.

Trust me, I do not want to go against the word of Hashem.

Yeah intermarriage sucks...I've seen it in my family and I can see some of the truths about it.

But I get so lonely and I am only young once.

Pray for me that hashem redeems me and sends me a Jewish wife that fulfills me in every way and that he forgives me for what I've done.

Where do you live? And what is your background? (American, Askenazi, or Sefaradi, etc.).

I will include you in my prayer (that you should find your correct Shidduch, and follow the laws properly), but we should realise (myself included) that even if you go to a really big Rabbi, and he gives you a blessing, etc. it still comes down to the person's own free choice. In this regard (of free choice), no one is responsible for this except the individual.
 Of- course even with this the individual can pray to G-d to help him, and actually this is something that brings G-d a lot of pleasure (even though it means "defeating G-d" so to speak)
 It says "(A song, a psalm) to the vicor- sing to the One who is defeated and rejoices. - (Pesachim 119a)
 Rebbe Nachman in Likutei Moharan volume 10- lesson #124
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 03:39:12 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/