Author Topic: Al Qaeda suspected in deadly shooting of tourists  (Read 1560 times)

Kiwi

Al Qaeda suspected in deadly shooting of tourists
« on: January 20, 2008, 04:59:57 AM »
Al Qaeda suspected in deadly shooting of tourists
5:00AM Sunday January 20, 2008

Gunmen opened fire on a group of tourists in eastern Yemen yesterday, killing two Belgian women, their Yemeni driver and a Yemeni man believed to be a tourist guide, a security official said.

A Belgian tourist and a Yemeni were wounded in the incident.

"There were about 15 people in the tourist group in Hadramout province, including the driver and guides," the official said. "Security forces are looking for the attackers," he said, adding that helicopters had joined the hunt for the unidentified gunmen.

Last July, a suicide bombing killed seven Spanish tourists and wounded six at the Queen of Sheba Temple, built around the 10th century BC. Two Yemenis were also killed.

Yemen, which joined the US-led war on terrorism after al Qaeda's September 11, 2001 attacks on US cities, has often been the site of militant attacks and kidnappings of tourists by disgruntled tribesmen.

The ancestral home of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, Yemen is viewed in the West as a haven for Islamic militants.

In an internet posting last week, al Qaeda's wing in Yemen vowed to free its prisoners from the country's jails and retaliate for the killings of militants by the government.

Officials said last year that July's attack had been preceded by an al Qaeda demand for the release of jailed comrades.

"By God we shall not rest... until we free our brothers and sisters from the prisons," the group said in an e-magazine posted on an Islamist website on January 12.

Dozens of al Qaeda militants are serving jail terms in the country on the Arabian Peninsula for involvement in bombings of Western targets and clashes with the authorities.

One of the poorest countries outside Africa, Yemen has been trying to attract tourists put off by kidnappings and bomb attacks and boost foreign investment as its oil dwindles.

In November, Yemen jailed 32 suspected militants over two foiled suicide attacks on oil and gas installations in 2006, which came days after al Qaeda urged Muslims to target Western interests.

Al Qaeda's wing in Yemen claimed responsibility for the foiled raids and vowed more strikes.

- REUTERS

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Al Qaeda suspected in deadly shooting of tourists
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 06:18:54 AM »
They got what they desserved for going into Musslime s...hole and supporting them with money... sorry I will not be sorry for fools who still belive in "pissfull iSSlam". ::) This is certainly not the first atack against infidel tourists nor the last one. >:(
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Kiwi

Re: Al Qaeda suspected in deadly shooting of tourists
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 07:04:57 AM »
I have no idea why they would even want to go there, not my number one holiday spot.