Author Topic: Croatians make nazi salutes at israeli tennis player Shahar Peer  (Read 1005 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
It put asterisks around the relevant sentence.

extracted from
http://www.thejc.com/home.aspx?ParentId=m16s222&SecId=222&AId=57450&ATypeId=1

Peer books third-round place amid nazi taunts
17/01/2008
By Dan Goldberg, Melbourne
Shahar Peer tumbled out of the Australian Open at the third round stage on Friday when she was beaten in straight sets defeat to Elena Dementieva.

Seeded 17, Peer had no answer to the 11th seeds' power and succumbed 6-2, 6-0. Dementieva wrapped up the win in just 58 minutes, a match which saw Peer hit 29 unforced errors.

Peer had kept Israel’s flag flying in an event marred by Croatian supporters making Nazi salutes.

History was made at the beginning of the week in Melbourne after five Israelis took part in the singles competition of a grand slam. But the other singles hopefuls crashed out of the tournament in the first two rounds, with Dudi Sela, ranked 66, succumbing to Ivo Karlovic, the number 20 seed.

The second-round match was disrupted by Karlovic’s fans provoking Israeli fans on Wednesday.

Sela was overpowered by Karlovic, who at 6ft 10 towers above the 5ft 9 Israeli. Passions flared between Israeli and Croatian fans at Court 18.

“Behind me, there were people screaming at Dudi, ‘Go back to Israel’,” said Eitan Drori, an Israeli expat living in Melbourne. “They were loud and they disturbed Dudi.” The pair, who had never previously played each other, slugged out the first set, which Sela won in a tie-break. He saved two set points but lost in four sets.

In front of raucous local fans at Margaret Court Arena, Peer shattered Australian hearts, outwitting and outclassing Jessica Moore, the 17-year-old wild card, 6-0, 7-5.

Moore could not match the world 17 from Maccabim, who broke the young Aussie’s first service game and took the first set in 20 minutes. “I am happy I won, I played very good in the first set,” Peer said. “I played very aggressively.”

Acknowledging the Israeli supporters, Peer, who at last year’s tournament became the first Israeli woman to reach the last eight of a grand slam, said: “They were unbelievable. They were as noisy as the Australians.”

The 20-year-old faces Russia’s Elena Dementieva in the third round on Friday. The number 11 seed easily defeated Israel’s Tzipi Obziler in the first round.

Obziler, 34, will now look ahead to the Dubai tournament at the end of February after the WTA allowed her to become the first Israeli to play there.

Harel Levy and new Israeli citizen Evgenia Linetskaya also bowed out.

Nicolas Massu, a former Maccabiah Games athlete from Chile, was demolished in straight sets by number 12 seed James Blake. Americans Wayne Odesnik and Jesse Levine were also put to the sword. Number eight doubles seeds Andy Ram and Yoni Erlich reached the second round.

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
Re: Croatians make nazi salutes at israeli tennis player Shahar Peer
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 12:17:45 PM »
croat are nazis!That is no new news! >:(
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 02:03:17 PM »
Shimon Peres probably wants to schedule a dialogue with the Croatians and then allow their most violent prisoners to move to Israel.

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 04:25:42 PM »
The croats in Australia are the most disgusting bunch of sewer rats on earth. Last year they started riots against Serbs and Greeks at the tennis for no reason. They are violent pieces of excrement that deserve to be killed. They are the closest race to the arabs in terms of general barbarity.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »
I hope they all run into that guy from Wolf Creek! O0