Poll

Do you like South Park?

Yes
No

Author Topic: South Park?  (Read 4226 times)

Joe Schmo

South Park?
« on: January 24, 2008, 12:32:37 AM »
How 'bout it?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: South Park?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »
best show ever!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 12:35:41 AM »
I actually like South Park a lot (don't care for the language, but I find the humor to be very funny most of the time).

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:44:33 AM »
No!
No!!
No!!!

It's a vile show, that particularly attracts children...spreading it's vile and evil unto innocent children. Just remember, cildren do what they see on television!!!

I find it concerning how popular tis shopw is among JTFers! :( :-X

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 01:22:00 AM »
I like the Jewish kid with the green hat! O0

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 05:25:38 AM »
Kyle and Stan are like we JTF-ers - christians and jews united! O0 And SOUTH PARK is extremly funny and fair in ridiculing anybody without prejudice or preferences... ;D
Boeregeneraal this show is intended for adults not kids. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:31:11 AM »
Kyle and Stan are like we JTF-ers - christians and jews united! O0 And SOUTH PARK is extremly funny and fair in ridiculing anybody without prejudice or preferences... ;D
Boeregeneraal this show is intended for adults not kids. 
but come on, majority of viewers are children !

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 06:39:05 AM »
Blame the parents not show, they atlest shud be ones responsible, not State, not  Matt Stone and Trey Parker and definatly not kids.

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 06:52:54 AM »
ha! What can parents do? ALL their parental rights are taken away, parents these days are just there...
You can't blame the parents!
If that is the case, South Park i guess can still be blamed, because it caused parents/people to become backwards. Obviously this can not be the exact case of SP, but shows like it.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 07:04:04 AM »
SP is cousing people backward how? It's comedy show and extremly anti PC one. Besides the parents are always repsonsible for their children no matter the excuses; that you're to busy that state is to interfiring in familly buisness etc... 

Love your Enemy

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 07:12:25 AM »
I think SP is not suitable for kids.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »
No!
No!!
No!!!

It's a vile show, that particularly attracts children...spreading it's vile and evil unto innocent children. Just remember, cildren do what they see on television!!!

This is true for parents who don't understand how to be parents... The show is hilarious but i would use the parental settings on the remote so that my kids cant watch it... if i had any.  I mean when i was growing up i wasnt allowed to watch beavis and butthead or the simpsons because my parents didnt agree with what was on the show.

but come on, majority of viewers are children !

And the majority of people are bad parents but that is their buisness and it is not your responsibility to look out for other people's kids...

ha! What can parents do? ALL their parental rights are taken away, parents these days are just there...
You can't blame the parents!
If that is the case, South Park i guess can still be blamed, because it caused parents/people to become backwards. Obviously this can not be the exact case of SP, but shows like it.

What rights have been taken away from parents?  The only think you cant do is beat them or kill them.  And by beat i mean leave bruises... you can still smack them around a bit as long as you dont "abuse" them.  Also if you are in any way technologically inclined you can disable your DVD player from playing anything with a rating you dont want same with TV stations, internet, etc. 

The problem is lazy/bad parents and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves and unwilling to take personal responsibility for their situation.

newman

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »
It's a great show!

And it's on late so kids shouldn't watch it. If parents can't exercise basic parental control their kids should be taken off them and raised by the state.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »
The episodes that I've found offensive, I just don't watch. The rest of them are hilarious. :)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 07:18:34 PM »
Parents are stupid.  They let their kids watch anything as long as they don't bother them.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 09:15:53 PM »
No!
No!!
No!!!

Oh, is that right? Does this mean that we're going to have a bunch of kids carrying around their feces in a box and smearing it all over their bathroom mirrors during Xmas time as "some sort of Jewish tradition"? ;)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 09:17:16 PM »
I like that fat kid, eric cartman "I'm not fat! I'm bigboned!"

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 09:20:46 PM »
What's your favorite episode? My favorite one of all time is "Scott Tinerman must die" followed by "Osama bin Laden has farty pants" and "The mystery of the urinal deuce" as close seconds.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 09:21:30 PM »
I don't really watch cartoons and the program should be for adults.

My brothers watch it though ;)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 10:41:33 PM »
I think that most television programming is terrible and evil. South Park is no exception.

I've heard many Orthodox Rabbis call it "silly-vision" and some strict Yeshivas will not accept a student into a school if the parents watch a lot of television.

A lot of the news has a tremendous amount of lashon hora and sexual/graphic violence is on almost every channel. Plus, the brain-washing on television is obvious. They tell you what to wear, what to eat, what's funny, what's good, what's bad... don't think for a moment that it doesn't effect you. The people we hang around are the people we become like (from the Torah) and that applies to actors on television (some of whom we'd NEVER invite into our homes).

Parents that raise their kids on TV will be responsible to Hashem for the great wrong that they are doing. We have such a short time on this earth and we would waste it on television? We are entertaining ourselves to death.

If you put that garbage into your brain, then you will have a very tough time.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:43:30 PM by Shlomo »
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

newman

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 10:52:17 PM »
As bad as TV is there is an 'off' button, you know.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 10:53:30 PM »
As bad as TV is there is an 'off' button, you know.

Agreed ;) :), plus most television programs nowadays are Bolshevikkk and totally P.C. :P :P :P

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 10:54:22 PM »
I grew up watching Captain planet, power rangers, barney, teenage mutant ninja turtles, the chipmunks, wrestling, and the simpsons.

newman

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 10:57:30 PM »
Anybody old enough to remember the Go Go Gophers Show?

The two Gopher Indians who always foiled Colonel Kidd Cayote (Teddy Roosevelt caricature) and the Sergeant (Garry Cooper caricature).

It was a hoot!

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 11:05:16 PM »
I think that most television programming is terrible and evil. South Park is no exception.

I've heard many Orthodox Rabbis call it "silly-vision" and some strict Yeshivas will not accept a student into a school if the parents watch a lot of television.

A lot of the news has a tremendous amount of lashon hora and sexual/graphic violence is on almost every channel. Plus, the brain-washing on television is obvious. They tell you what to wear, what to eat, what's funny, what's good, what's bad... don't think for a moment that it doesn't effect you. The people we hang around are the people we become like (from the Torah) and that applies to actors on television (some of whom we'd NEVER invite into our homes).

Parents that raise their kids on TV will be responsible to Hashem for the great wrong that they are doing. We have such a short time on this earth and we would waste it on television? We are entertaining ourselves to death.

If you put that garbage into your brain, then you will have a very tough time.
Yes Brother!, Yes! You are ABSOLUTELY correct!!!!!!
In fact, i am sure Chaim would detest that horrible tv show SP! VERY sure!
Go ahead, ask him.