Torah and Jewish Idea > Torah and Jewish Idea

How to grow an Esrog plant in New York and cold climate areas

(1/4) > >>

jdl4ever:
I was finally successful in growing 4 esrog seedlings now 6 inches tall.  Here is how you do it.  For best results you got to obtain a small glass fishtank with that aquarium fluorescent light that is included with the tank usually so that you can incubate them in a greenhouse like structure.  It has a special light that gives off a lot of infrared meaning heat and you use the tank as a greenhouse; if you don't want to get the fish tank then simply use a regular fluorecent bulb not an incadescent one.  I recommend a 15 watt bulb or higher left on 24 hours a day continuously.  Take the seeds out of the esrog and plant like 10 seeds into a 4 inch pot and wait until they grow.  Thin to about 4 per 4 inch pot.  Then water once a week and let them grow until they grow out of the tank.  After that I'll keep you posted since mine are still in the tank.  They like it there as it seems to imitate their natural climate.

shimon:
i like to buy my etrog from israel so that it supports jewish farmers

jdl4ever:
I used to have fish in it but they died. 

Tina Greco - Melbourne:

--- Quote from: jdl4ever on January 27, 2008, 06:48:23 PM ---I used to have fish in it but they died. 

--- End quote ---

Thats sad.  :(

Dexter:
Why do you call it Esrog ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version