Should it be banned?

Yes.
23 (63.9%)
No.
6 (16.7%)
No, you is racist, UMM HMM!
7 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should Black History Month be banned?  (Read 10962 times)

Just Erica

Re: Should Black History Month be banned?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 07:21:33 PM »
Why don't most American know these days? I think they made up too many days. I don't recognize most of them.

Days

* 36 U.S.C. § 104 — Carl Garner Federal Lands Cleanup Day (First Saturday after Labor Day)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 105 — Child Health Day (The President is requested to issue each year a proclamation designating the first Monday in October as Child Health Day)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 106 — Constitution Day and Citizenship Day (September 17)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 107 — Columbus Day (The President is requested to issue each year a proclamation designating the second Monday in October as Columbus Day.)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 109 — Father's Day (Third Sunday in June)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 110 — Flag Day (June 14)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 111 — Gold Star Mother's Day (Last Sunday in September)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 113 — Law Day, U.S.A. (May 1)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 114 — Leif Erikson Day (The President may issue each year a proclamation designating October 9 as Leif Erikson Day.)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 115 — Loyalty Day (May 1)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 116 — Memorial Day
    * 36 U.S.C. § 117 — Mother's Day (Second Sunday in May)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 118 — National Aviation Day (August 19)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 119 — National Day of Prayer (First Thursday in May)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 120 — National Defense Transportation Day (The President is requested to issue each year a proclamation designating the third Friday in May as National Defense Transportation Day.)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 124 — National Freedom Day (February 1)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 125 — National Grandparents' Day (The President is requested to issue each year a proclamation designating the first Sunday in September after Labor Day as National Grandparents Day.)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 127 — National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day (July 27 of each year until 2003)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 128 — National Maritime Day (May 22)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 129 — National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day (December 7)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 134 — Pan American Aviation Day (The President may issue each year a proclamation designating December 17 as Pan American Aviation Day.)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 135 — Parents' Day (Fourth Sunday in July)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 136 — Peace Officers Memorial Day (The President is requested to issue each year a proclamation designating May 15 as Peace Officers Memorial Day in honor of Federal, State, and local officers killed or disabled in the line of duty.)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 140 — Stephen Foster Memorial Day (The President may issue each year a proclamation designating January 13 Stephen Foster Memorial Day.)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 141 — Thomas Jefferson's birthday (April 13)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 142 — White Cane Safety Day (The President may issue each year a proclamation designating October 15 as White Cane Safety Day.)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 143 — Wright Brothers Day (December 17)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 144 — Patriot Day (September 11)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 145 — Halloween Day (October 31)

[edit] Weeks

* 36 U.S.C. § 108 — Constitution Week
    * 36 U.S.C. § 122 — National Flag Week
    * 36 U.S.C. § 123 — National Forest Products Week
    * 36 U.S.C. § 130 — National Poison Prevention Week
    * 36 U.S.C. § 131 — National Safe Boating Week
    * 36 U.S.C. § 132 — National School Lunch Week
    * 36 U.S.C. § 133 — National Transportation Week
    * 36 U.S.C. § 137 — Police Week
    * 36 U.S.C. § 138 — Save Your Vision Week

[edit] Months

* 36 U.S.C. § 101 — American Heart Month (February)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 102 — Asian Pacific American Heritage Month (May)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 103 — Cancer Control Month (April)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 121 — National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 126 — National Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 through October 15)
    * Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October)
    * 36 U.S.C. § 139 — Steelmark Month (May) — honors the steel industry
    * Black History Month (February)
    * Women's History Month (March)
    * Child Abuse Prevention Month (April)

[edit] Other

* 36 U.S.C. § 112 — Honor America Days -- The 21 days from Flag Day through Independence Day.

Yacov, as you can see, not only Black  History month is celebrated or recognized EVERY event in the lives of Americans or different cultures of people in America is brought up and recognized. This is BIGGER than BHM. Everyone gets a chance to shine ALL YEAR ROUND.

I am fortunate enough to have been in different countries and watched different cultures do what they did before I was even thought of. I got a chance to watch actual Flemenco dancers dance during Feria season in Cadiz, Spain. I got to see Okinawan women don their kimonos while walking down the street, in a festival, and even at Okinawan castles. And here, I get to visualize what it's like to be a Jewish person (man or woman) who hold traditions near and dear to their hearts. Looking for righteous people to share their lives and religion with. I don't see that as racist at all...I see it as preserving time and precious memories which were stripped from Jews when Hitler took control and had 6 million Jews killed...for no particular reason at all.

So don't get me wrong...while I dispise generalizations about blacks, I respect and love everyone who present some kind of good in life.

Just Erica

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 07:48:44 PM »
I dont' get it..why do they get a whole month?

THe next thing you'll know, they'll complaining they got the shortest month of the year..."them racists"
I'm tired of ignorant people, really. First of all Black people aren't the only ethnicity to get an entire month to celebrate their heritage. We also have Native American History Month, Asian American History Month, There's St. Patrick's day, Women's History month, ... Second of all, there are no days off for black people because of the celebration of this month of rememberance of blacks' history here. It's a time for children , black and white, to be familiarized with the importance of blacks in America. There are many who have made phenomenal progress in this country.

I know, I know ... "We shouldn't HAVE to be FORCED to HEAR about STUPID BLACK PEOPLE!... blah, blah, blah" No one is forcing you to learn about black history. It's there for those who would like to learn about the history of blacks in America. If you're not interested, go about life like you normally do. BHM shouldn't affect you at all.

No one is forcing all of those other days on people. And St. Patrick's Day is a Catholic holiday, not an American holiday.

Yet, its celebarated in America.  ::) I don't feel forced to celebrate  Native American History month but I'm interested in it. I dont' feel forced to celebrate Asian American History month but I'm interested. You have to be interested in the holidays or celebrations in order for it to make an impact on your life. If you're not interested there would be NO impact on your life whatsoever.  No one is forcing you to bow down to blacks during the month of February. To some people it's just another month...let it be THAT for you. When was the last time someone stopped you in the street on February 1st (My birthday, btw. :D :D) and said "YACOV, YOU MUST THINK ABOUT BLACK HISTORY ALL MONTH LONG..AND WE WON'T ACCEPT "NO" FOR AN ANSWER!!!" ? No one ever did that to you.

But why does the federal government recognize it? In high school, they would make us go to assemblies in the auditorium for it. There were also times when I had to do things in class regarding it.

I attended a predominently black high school and we celebrated every single recognized heritage month. I don't care if it was St. Patrick's Day. We celebrated it. We even attended the St. Patrick's Day Parade. There were no assemblies for that  holiday though.

Our assemblies consisted of monologues based off of MLK's "I Have  A Dream" speech during the observance of his birthday. During Black History Month, there were plays put on at least once a week to celebrate the lives of Harriet Tubman, Mary McCleod Bethune, Fredrick Douglas, W.E.B. DuBoise, and poets like Langston Hughes.

We also celebrated Native American History Month with plays and monologues from Pocahontas and such.

I think it depends on what your school board prohibits and what they inhibit.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 07:51:35 PM »
MLK Blvd is always the most dangerous and littered go figure.  Anywhere you find MLK Blvd.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Just Erica

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 08:14:31 PM »
MLK Blvd is always the most dangerous and littered go figure.  Anywhere you find MLK Blvd.
Yes, and that's a shame. I visited Atlanta, Georgia when I was 16 with our church gospel choir. We stayed in a hotel located on MLK blvd and the irony was just deafening.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »
I don't think that Black History Month should be banned. However, I don't think that the teaching of black history should be mandated or forced upon teachers. The decision should be left up to individual teachers on whether or not to teach it. But aside from all this, Yakov clearly has a much bigger racist agenda in bringing up a poll asking it to be "banned." A little known fact is that May is Jewish Culture and History month in the NYC public schools. It's not as widely publicized as Black History or Women's History Months. But if anyone were to support a poll banning Jewish Culture and History Month, then we'd be the first ones throwing up our arms and screaming Antisemitism at the top of our lungs! Also, I wouldn't be surprised if many of you start harping on me with the "moral equivalence" argument. I think that argument is outdated, overplayed, and completely invalid.

I have mentioned this many times before and I'm forced to say it again: Just because you don't like something DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT NEEDS TO BE BANNED! If that were the case, then I would spend my entire life trying to ban vanilla ice cream, chopped liver, and raw onions. Let's get a clue guys, and even more importantly, let's get a life!

newman

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 09:29:02 PM »
I don't think that Black History Month should be banned. However, I don't think that the teaching of black history should be mandated or forced upon teachers. The decision should be left up to individual teachers on whether or not to teach it. But aside from all this, Yakov clearly has a much bigger racist agenda in bringing up a poll asking it to be "banned." A little known fact is that May is Jewish Culture and History month in the NYC public schools. It's not as widely publicized as Black History or Women's History Months. But if anyone were to support a poll banning Jewish Culture and History Month, then we'd be the first ones throwing up our arms and screaming Antisemitism at the top of our lungs! Also, I wouldn't be surprised if many of you start harping on me with the "moral equivalence" argument. I think that argument is outdated, overplayed, and completely invalid.

I have mentioned this many times before and I'm forced to say it again: Just because you don't like something DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT NEEDS TO BE BANNED! If that were the case, then I would spend my entire life trying to ban vanilla ice cream, chopped liver, and raw onions. Let's get a clue guys, and even more importantly, let's get a life!

Teachers should not decide ANYTHING. They are civil servents and should do as they're told. School should not be a laboratory for sick liberals to practice social engineering.

Just Erica

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 09:31:53 PM »

Teachers should not decide ANYTHING. They are civil servents and should do as they're told. School should not be a laboratory for sick liberals to practice social engineering.
Calm down Michael Styvick!( All in The Family ) Teachers go to school to become teachers and only THEY decide what kind of teacher they will become, not the boards of education. If I wanted to attend school to learn to be a certified Special Education teacher, that would be my right...just like it's the right of a student in college to study to be a U.S. History teacher. The teachers should do what they are told when it comes to the guidelines they have to follow in schools...they shouldn't be told what areas to study.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 09:35:13 PM »
Of course Martin Luther King day should be eliminated as he was a plagiarizer, a racist and a liar. His famous speech was stolen word for word from a 1953 research paper of some white professor. It even had the professors grammatical errors in it. He didn't have the brains to change it around a little.
I am urinating on a Koran.

newman

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 09:37:54 PM »

Calm down Michael Styvick!( All in The Family ) Teachers go to school to become teachers and only THEY decide what kind of teacher they will become, not the boards of education. If I wanted to attend school to learn to be a certified Special Education teacher, that would be my right...just like it's the right of a student in college to study to be a U.S. History teacher. The teachers should do what they are told when it comes to the guidelines they have to follow in schools...they shouldn't be told what areas to study.

Because liberal, gay/lesbian, self-hating teachers are given too latitude is why they are free to teach white guilt, self-hate and the nobel savage myth. Funny how they excell at teaching that BS but are incapable of teaching basic numeracy and literacy!

Just Erica

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 09:39:10 PM »
Of course Martin Luther King day should be eliminated as he was a plagiarizer, a racist and a liar. His famous speech was stolen word for word from a 1953 research paper of some white professor. It even had the professors grammatical errors in it. He didn't have the brains to change it around a little.
He asked for permission to use parts of the "Dream" speech. Most of it was his though. A racist doesn't allow the phrase "black and white's together" in a civil right's song. He wasn't racist but I can see that some people's views of him havent' changed. Even in death, his positivity pisses people off.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 09:52:19 PM »
He asked for permission to use parts of the "Dream" speech. Most of it was his though. A racist doesn't allow the phrase "black and white's together" in a civil right's song. He wasn't racist but I can see that some people's views of him havent' changed. Even in death, his positivity pisses people off.

Did he ask permission to use the spelling mistakes and grammar errors as well? Is that why anyone wants to quote from the king speech has to pay the king family loads of money? This beast had close relations with malcolm x who was a known homosexual prostitute. Chaim talked about malcolm x's homosexual activity before. In any event, we don't know if King and malcolm x ever engaged in homosexual relations but we know that one was a muslims and the other one loved muslims.

Just Erica

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 09:58:19 PM »

Did he ask permission to use the spelling mistakes and grammar errors as well? Is that why anyone wants to quote from the king speech has to pay the king family loads of money? This beast had close relations with malcolm x who was a known homosexual prostitute. Chaim talked about malcolm x's homosexual activity before. In any event, we don't know if King and malcolm x ever engaged in homosexual relations but we know that one was a muslims and the other one loved muslims.
For your information, before Malcom visited Mecca, he and MLK were at odds because of what Malcom thought of white people (i.e., white devils). He wasn't close to him... they tolerated each other. Malcom was not non-violent, like King. King wasn't militant, like Malcom. And this about Malcom X being a homosexual prostitute is just comical because its not true at all.
At any rate, though, these men are dead. They can't do any harm to you being dead, now can they? Why do you speak of them as if they're standing right in front of you?

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 10:12:27 PM »
I speak about these devils to remind us all about their evil and disgusting legacies. With all their hatred of whitey, look at what the congo looks like. That is what america would be like without whitey. If all the honkeys disappeared, we would see how many medicines you tinkler mentchen would invent. With all the black hatred for jews, no group of people has contributed more to medicine that the jewish people.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 10:13:58 PM »
It means a pisser.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Just Erica

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 10:14:56 PM »
I speak about these devils to remind us all about their evil and disgusting legacies. With all their hatred of whitey, look at what the congo looks like. That is what america would be like without whitey. If all the honkeys disappeared, we would see how many medicines you tinkler mentchen would invent. With all the black hatred for jews, no group of people has contributed more to medicine that the jewish people.
Remember that you are the only one using these stereotypical racist names to describe white people.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »
Uh Calvin Butts who just endorsed hitlery for pres is famous for saying "drop dead white man" so I am surely not the only one. Charles Barron made similar comments.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 10:20:08 PM »
And tinkle in yiddish means dark, not pisser. Or tunkle if you are very litvish.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 10:21:23 PM »
And what about hymietown jackson. Or the black hitler al sharpton who led the crown heights pogrom.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »
Uh Calvin Butts who just endorsed hitlery for pres is famous for saying "drop dead white man" so I am surely not the only one. Charles Barron made similar comments.

So why does he support the white Hitlery?

Because he used so much crack that he forgot he said it if not for the fact that all the honkies had him on tape.

Offline fjack

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 10:52:32 AM »
calvin butsy, the mail order reverend white hater, cop hater, Jew hater, and political hack was made the president of a college in Westbury. He has no credentials at all to be anything, let alone a college president. He is a shinning example of affrimative action. He was always on gary byrd's show on wlib and was always complaining about white people. He makes a gigantic salary from being the 'minister' of a fleece the flock church in the ghetto of harlem.

newman

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 10:56:32 AM »
calvin butsy, the mail order reverend white hater, cop hater, Jew hater, and political hack was made the president of a college in Westbury. He has no credentials at all to be anything, let alone a college president. He is a shinning example of affrimative action. He was always on gary byrd's show on wlib and was always complaining about white people. He makes a gigantic salary from being the 'minister' of a fleece the flock church in the ghetto of harlem.
sharpton, jackson, butts and their like are all loaded. I bet not too many of the 'brothers' they're 'down with' ever see the inside of their big houses or ride in their luxury cars.

Blacks are so dumb they'll keep shelling out to support these frauds.

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 02:31:53 PM »
Whites are so dumb they would vote against their own best interests just to maintain a false sense of superiority.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 02:48:10 PM »
Kananga:  "...Whites are so dumb they would vote against their own best interests just to maintain a false sense of superiority..."

Whites don't need to maintain their sense of superiority, because there's nothing false about it.

Whites are not duped by false promises of welfare and handouts.

That's why they vote for America's best interests, which just so happens to be their best interests.

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 03:06:33 PM »
Are you kidding me??  Whites overwhelmingly voted for both Bush 41 & 43.  "Read my lips.."  was all the newscasts yesterday.

Call it what you will.  It's still welfare and handouts in the same sense it only serves to buoy false hopes.  But you'll still have some poor snuff-sucking, belly bloated, white NASCAR freak blaming everyone in this  whole world for his sorry existence execept himself.  If superiority was just simply a matter of skin color, people like the person I'm describing would not exist.

It just may be in America's best interest to keep to those poor Applachian hillbillies down, since they do tend to vote in such a way that disfavors them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 03:08:44 PM by Kananga »

Offline fjack

• Master JTFer
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2008, 07:50:13 AM »
Dear congo man, I rarely ever see whites complaining about their lives, no matter how bad it is. Take for instance the katrina hoax. There were white areas that were devasted by the storm, did they riot, rape, loot, and beg for the government to come in and bail them out? Blacks are their own worst enemy. I watched the 'state of the black complainers' yesterday on C-span and it was hilarious. One crack pot after another 'talkin' trash' and saying nothing that made any sense at all. One of the 'events' high point was the grunts and groans of the biggest crack pot of all time, cornel west. For all practical purposes this affrimative action professor is a complete moron. All he does is name drop and tries to act like Prof. Irwin Corey. If that collection of hustlers, crack pots, illterates (dick gregory), and poverty pimps is the best your 'people' can come up with you are in more danger than any white person can ever do to your pathetic tribe. I believe also that we should have black history month all the time so we whites can laugh all year round regarding your made up feel good myth making history. So, next time you see a mud hut or a hut made out of bird dung think black. Next time you see a flies swaming around a pile of garbage think of africian classical civilizations, everytime you see a ghetto crawler with a mesh of gold and diamonds on his teeth using food stamps to by a bottle of colt 45 think black, everytime you see an affrimative action idiot in the post office think black scholars, everytime you talk to a customer service rep that you can't understand due to bad grammar and diction think of black culture.