Author Topic: Female Muslim medics 'disobey hygiene rules'  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Female Muslim medics 'disobey hygiene rules'
« on: February 03, 2008, 06:30:16 PM »
 Female Muslim medics 'disobey hygiene rules'

By Julie Henry and Laura Donnelly
Last Updated: 2:36am GMT 03/02/2008

Muslim medical students are refusing to obey hygiene rules brought in to stop the spread of deadly superbugs, because they say it is against their religion.
# Support for 'no-go' bishop after death threats

Women training in several hospitals in England have raised objections to removing their arm coverings in theatre and to rolling up their sleeves when washing their hands, because it is regarded as immodest in Islam.

Universities and NHS trusts fear many more will refuse to co-operate with new Department of Health guidance, introduced this month, which stipulates that all doctors must be "bare below the elbow".

The measure is deemed necessary to stop the spread of infections such as MRSA and Clostridium difficile, which have killed hundreds.

Minutes of a clinical academics' meeting at Liverpool University revealed that female Muslim students at Alder Hey children's hospital had objected to rolling up their sleeves to wear gowns.

Similar concerns have been raised at Leicester University. Minutes from a medical school committee said that "a number of Muslim females had difficulty in complying with the procedures to roll up sleeves to the elbow for appropriate handwashing".

Sheffield University also reported a case of a Muslim medic who refused to "scrub" as this left her forearms exposed.

Documents from Birmingham University reveal that some students would prefer to quit the course rather than expose their arms, and warn that it could leave trusts open to legal action.

Hygiene experts said last night that no exceptions should be made on religious grounds.

Dr Mark Enright, professor of microbiology at Imperial College London, said: "To wash your hands properly, and reduce the risks of MRSA and C.difficile, you have to be able to wash the whole area around the wrist.

"I don't think it would be right to make an exemption for people on any grounds. The policy of bare below the elbows has to be applied universally."

Dr Charles Tannock, a Conservative MEP and former hospital consultant, said: "These students are being trained using taxpayers' money and they have a duty of care to their patients not to put their health at risk.

"Perhaps these women should not be choosing medicine as a career if they feel unable to abide by the guidelines that everyone else has to follow."

But the Islamic Medical Association insisted that covering all the body in public, except the face and hands, was a basic tenet of Islam.

"No practising Muslim woman - doctor, medical student, nurse or patient - should be forced to bare her arms below the elbow," it said.

Dr Majid Katme, the association spokesman, said: "Exposed arms can pick up germs and there is a lot of evidence to suggest skin is safer to the patient if covered. One idea might be to produce long, sterile, disposable gloves which go up to the elbows."

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
Re: Female Muslim medics 'disobey hygiene rules'
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 08:02:22 PM »
muslims are filthy and should not even be allowed to be in the medical profession as they will kill us by infecting us with diseases.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »
Don't you just sometimes like to kill all these muslim infiltrators? I would be glad to do so, after reading this. They think their "religion" is more important than OUR safety in the hospitals??
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 08:20:36 PM »
Don't you just sometimes like to kill all these muslim infiltrators? I would be glad to do so, after reading this. They think their "religion" is more important than OUR safety in the hospitals??

I feel like killing them all and I would be ecstatic to do so. As non muslims, our lives are not worth anything and we are to either be converted, subjugated or killed. A total disregard of the hygiene guidelines would be an ideal way for them to kill us in their never ending jihad. Also, cleanliness is next to Godliness, one can easily tell how far from Godliness the islamic filth are.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 08:48:21 PM »
muslims are filthy and should not even be allowed to be in the medical profession as they will kill us by infecting us with diseases.
I would never let a muslim doctor or nurse near me
KAHANE TZADAK!

kellymaureen

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 08:50:21 PM »
Muslims also refused to use the hand sanitizer provided in hospital hallways for visitors which was put there in an attempt to stop the spread of disease and germs....because it contains alcohol ::) no one was asking them to drink it, just wash your hands with it.
Perhaps muslims should not be using modern infidel medical technology anyhow and go back to doing what old moe recommended, camel urine.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »
He hee heee, I like the camel urine idea!
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 09:39:59 PM »
Neither would I. Death is better than 'medical care' from muzzies.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 09:40:55 PM »
Muslims also refused to use the hand sanitizer provided in hospital hallways for visitors which was put there in an attempt to stop the spread of disease and germs....because it contains alcohol ::) no one was asking them to drink it, just wash your hands with it.
Perhaps muslims should not be using modern infidel medical technology anyhow and go back to doing what old moe recommended, camel urine.
That is only an excuse they use. They think WE are the ones who are dirty and require hygiene guidelines.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:42:29 PM by Mstislav »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 09:42:19 PM »

Very wise

newman

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »
muSSlims have had no regard for hygiene in 1300 years!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 10:07:24 PM »
They are not the only ones.