Author Topic: Priorities -When the stock market crashes  (Read 928 times)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Priorities -When the stock market crashes
« on: February 04, 2008, 06:26:27 PM »
Priorities

By Paul Proctor, January 23, 2008

When the stock market crashes - and I mean really crashes, we won't care about Britney Spears anymore. We won't care about Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Amy Winehouse, Jessica Simpson, or anyone else in Hollywood struggling through their fame and misfortune.

When the stock market crashes, we won't care anymore about the Oscars - what the nominees will be wearing on the red carpet - the writer's strike - who crossed the picket lines - those pesky paparazzi or any of our once-favorite TV shows with or without scripts - no, not even American Idol.

When the stock market crashes, we won't care anymore about Al Gore's inconvenient truth - greenhouse gases - carbon footprints - the ozone layer - the plight of the polar bear - Bill Gates' retirement - the Clinton/Obama feud - Dr. Phil's celebrity interventions - who's on Oprah or Martin Luther King's dream.

When the stock market crashes, we won't care anymore about finding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq - finding bin Laden - spreading democracy - the oil shortage - the November elections - the EIB network - how many days Bush has left in office or whether a white man, a black man or a woman will replace him.

When the stock market crashes, we won't care anymore about the NFL playoffs - the Super Bowl - Tom Brady's bum foot, the New England Patriot's perfect season - whether Eli Manning will get a Super Bowl ring like his brother - who Tony Romo is presently dating in Dallas or whether the Tennessee Titans will keep Pacman Jones when his suspension is up.

When the stock market crashes, we won't care anymore about the power of positive thinking - the prayer of Jabez - a purpose driven life - global peace plans - the Aids epidemic - third world debt - seeker-sensitivity or which prosperity preacher is currently under investigation.

When the stock market crashes, we won't care anymore about our new year's resolutions - our expanding waistlines - clothes that don't fit - bad hair days - low-carb diets - reading nutritional labels - or keeping up with the Joneses.

When the stock market crashes, we won't care anymore about rush hour traffic - $3 a gallon gas - new car prices - where to go on vacation - where to find good sushi - asking the boss for a raise - pushing him for a promotion or just quitting altogether to find another job.

When the stock market crashes, I wonder what will be important to us? In light of recent events, it's certainly a possibility - many would say, a probability.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Priorities -When the stock market crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 06:32:41 PM »
We'd care about a probability? ??? ;D

Money is always the top priority, especially in sustaining power and stability.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »
Priority one: secure weapons and ammo to protect life and property and to obtain food items and to protect these items.

Priority Two: secure medications such as antibiotics and multivitamins along with first aid supplies such as water and gauze bandages.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »
Priority one: secure weapons and ammo to protect life and property and to obtain food items and to protect these items.

Priority Two: secure medications such as antibiotics and multivitamins along with first aid supplies such as water and gauze bandages.
agreed
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Nolandforshalom

• Senior JTFer
    • The Jewish Store
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 09:40:48 PM »

Agree 100%. Sounds like my life ^.^
http://www.thejewishstore.net
The Place for all your Kahanist, Jewish, and Zionist Shopping Needs!

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 11:00:07 PM »
Do not forget to have some salt, and oil or butter.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 11:51:56 PM »
When and if it crashes, I know it will go up again...so it's not the end of the world..It just means we need to work hard to make fix our losses. And work is good for the brain. Keeping ourselves busy keeps us from becoming destructive.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 01:44:20 AM »
When you guys are talking about stocking up on canned goods and amo, your talking about how to prepare for an Islamic nuke attack.  Which by the way, is an important topic.

Brian