Author Topic: Snow leopards  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Snow leopards
« on: January 28, 2008, 01:11:47 AM »

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Snow leopards
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 03:17:16 AM »
Big cat family are just like normal cats in many ways.

Big cat distinguishes large cat species from smaller ones. One definition of big cat includes only the four species of cat in the genus Panthera: the lion, tiger, leopard, and jaguar. Members of this genus are the only cats able to roar, and this is sometimes considered a distinguishing characteristic of big cats. A more expansive definition also includes the cheetah, snow leopard, clouded leopard, and cougar. The roaring cats may also be distinguished from the other big cats by referring to them as "great cats". Another distinction is the offspring of the great cats are called cubs while the offspring of the lesser big cats are referred to as kittens.

Three of the four largest cats are members of the genus Panthera; the cougar is the fourth largest cat, exceeding the leopard in size. Some medium-sized cats like the Eurasian lynx may weigh as much as 25 kg (55 lb), but they are not considered big cats.

Despite enormous differences in size, the various species of cat are amazingly similar in both structure and behavior. All cats are carnivores and efficient predators. Their range includes the Americas, Africa, Asia, and Europe; Australia and Antarctica have no indigenous species of cats.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 03:17:58 AM »
Species

Family Felidae

* Genus Panthera (roaring or great cats)
          o Leopard, Panthera pardus (Asia and Africa)
          o Lion, Panthera leo (Africa, Gir Forest in India; extinct in former range of southeast Europe, Middle East and North America)
          o Jaguar, Panthera onca (the Americas; from Mexico to northern Argentina)
          o Tiger, Panthera tigris (Asia)
    * Genus Acinonyx
          o Cheetah, Acinonyx jubatus (Africa and Iran)
    * Genus Puma
          o Cougar, Puma concolor (North and South America)
    * Genus Uncia
          o Snow Leopard, Uncia uncia (mountains of central and south Asia)
    * Genus Neofelis
          o Bornean Clouded Leopard, Neofelis diardi (Borneo and Sumatra)
          o Clouded Leopard, Neofelis nebulosa (southeast and south Asia)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:20:38 PM »
I love Snow Leopards :)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:25:32 PM »
I love Snow Leopards :)

Where i live I am 20 mintuies from an open range zoo. Because of my hobby which is rescue and rehoming of animals I got to go and help with transport of some cubs. They were so darling I didn't want to give them up lol

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 10:56:28 AM »
Where i live I am 20 mintuies from an open range zoo. Because of my hobby which is rescue and rehoming of animals I got to go and help with transport of some cubs. They were so darling I didn't want to give them up lol

Well, I imagine they'd be a handful if they got much older! I think that would be a great thing to be able to do though, to help like you do. How were you able to qualify to do that?

I think leopards are always recognizable as leopards by the way their eyes look. If you look at the eyes of an African leopard and then look at the eyes of a snow leopard, they have the same look to them, even if the bodies look a bit different otherwise.

The only adult big cat I'd risk being around without a fence would be a cheetah, because they're fairly small and have been domesticated before by people.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 07:20:42 PM »

Well, I imagine they'd be a handful if they got much older! I think that would be a great thing to be able to do though, to help like you do. How were you able to qualify to do that?

I think leopards are always recognizable as leopards by the way their eyes look. If you look at the eyes of an African leopard and then look at the eyes of a snow leopard, they have the same look to them, even if the bodies look a bit different otherwise.

The only adult big cat I'd risk being around without a fence would be a cheetah, because they're fairly small and have been domesticated before by people.

I did a animal Training certificate, and Wild life Rescue one and obtain the licence. And I belong to Delta Society Australia.

Anyone can do it as long as they get training, the local colleges teach it.  O0

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 07:23:37 PM »
i cannot believe what stupid topics we have on this forum. guys try to stick to the message. we will never be a mass movement if we keep on making such ridicoulous topics

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 01:20:40 AM »
This forum is appreciation for creation, so what do you mean stick to the topic?

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 07:19:21 AM »
This forum is appreciation for creation, so what do you mean stick to the topic?
the topic of saving israel and the west

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 07:28:46 AM »

Please understand this is what this section is for http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=1017.0

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 06:53:35 PM »
i cannot believe what stupid topics we have on this forum. guys try to stick to the message. we will never be a mass movement if we keep on making such ridicoulous topics

What and appreciating, God's WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL CREATION ISN'T A GOOD THING TO DO?
WHY DON'T YOU SAY THIS ABOUT THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION BOARD??
IT ISN'T RIDICULOUS....YOU SHOULD THANK GOD FOR THE NATURE AROUND YOU, BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T BE ON THIS PLANET IF IT WASN'T FOR THE ENTIRE ECOSYSTEM.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 06:55:20 PM »

Saving Israel will only happen by God's Will.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 09:03:45 PM »

What and appreciating, G-d's WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL CREATION ISN'T A GOOD THING TO DO?
WHY DON'T YOU SAY THIS ABOUT THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION BOARD??
IT ISN'T RIDICULOUS....YOU SHOULD THANK G-d FOR THE NATURE AROUND YOU, BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T BE ON THIS PLANET IF IT WASN'T FOR THE ENTIRE ECOSYSTEM.

Well said Sarah  O0

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 02:06:41 AM »
If I am allergic to cats, am  I than allergic to leopards too?
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 06:00:57 AM »
If I am allergic to cats, am  I than allergic to leopards too?

Maybe not, its the spit that creates  the allergic reaction, and leopards don't groom themselves like smaller cats.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 06:10:36 AM »
Yes; Cats are farmore pleasant and beutifall G-d's creatures than A-rab muzies or AA people. Sorry Erica as known KKKer I could not hold myself.  :::D

Are you planing to have one Ambroix?
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 06:17:03 AM »
The cubs are soo cute.  :D

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »
I agree these leopards are amongst the most beautiful of the creation.

Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.