Author Topic: 2008 subaru WRX is it worth $25,000 in your opinion  (Read 2229 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
2008 subaru WRX is it worth $25,000 in your opinion
« on: February 07, 2008, 08:48:41 PM »
The writers of the article on the 2008 subaru, claim that $25,000 is a good price for this car.  They claim these cars  are going to sell like hot cakes at that price.  They test drove one, and they were saying it really handles unbelievable, tight as a drum and fast as anything.    To me, that seems a little steep, for a little Japanese car, even though it's a hotrod. You get where I'm going with this?    I'm sure this price doesnt include taxes.    For another few grand you can get the 8 cylinder mustang.  My friend owns a body shop, and he says the subaru WRX's are made out of junk, they dont hold up. And way over priced.  But they are really fast, he admits.   

What do you think?  Worth $25,000? 

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: 2008 subaru WRX is it worth $25,000 in your opinion
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:40:36 PM »
Are you kidding?  Absolutely!  Once I graduate law school and get a job I'm going to buy one immediately.  The Subarus are more reliable than Fords, the Mustang is a heavy-gas guzzling piece of junk as far as I'm concerned.  The WRXs are the perfect all-around car.  Quick, seats 5 and has a good amount of room, can drive in the snow with proper tires, doesn't guzzle too much gas.  The WRX is the fastest car for your buck, and I think they look great as well.  Get one, and when you do, send me pics!
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 09:43:39 PM »
Zev, is 39 too old for a wrx?  Aren't they kid's cars.  I was sure thinking about getting one though

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 09:45:32 PM »
No wait a few more weeks and put it in stocks.  Great buying opportunity coming up in my opinion, but if you get the car enjoy it! O0

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:57:53 PM »
Okay I am looking at the models of Subaru Impreza's depends if you get a STI, 4 door or a 5 door. I like the VDC option

(VDC constantly monitors vehicle stability. It senses impending loss of control, and applies individual brakes and/or reduces engine power to help keep you on your intended path.)

Subaru Box Engine design based off of aircraft design...hmmmm

Oh this is not good...20 mpg city/25 mpg highway..... It depends on what you want to do with this car....For economy I would look more but if this not an issue. Go for it.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 10:08:09 PM »
Zev, is 39 too old for a wrx?  Aren't they kid's cars.  I was sure thinking about getting one though

No, not too old at all.  I think WRXs are pretty unpopular with younger drivers.  In fact I don't think I've seen a young'un drive any type of Subaru more than maybe a handful of times.  Most of the people who I've seen drive WRXs seem to be working men around your age.  It's not a toy like a little tricked out civic, the WRX is a very practical and sensible car.  The Mustang is a kid's car if you ask me. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 11:26:35 PM »
Make sure you know how to drive stick. I know most Americans think this is strange but I only drove an automatic once or twice in my whole life. I drove a stick ever since I started learning to drive which was over 5 years ago. I have owned 3 manual vehicles since then.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Sergio 11

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 11:31:56 PM »
Subaru's cost a bomb to insure ... a friend of mine was looking for comprehensive insurance for one his grandmother owns and it would have cost like 9 grand off road costs

newman

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 02:00:27 AM »
$25K for something that will blow the doors of a 5.7 litre Hemi Dodge and out-handle anything this side of a Lotus is the bargain of the century.

However, 'Wrexes' are the dream car of choice for the spotty-faced, cap-on-backwards, turbo-kid generation and I think over 35s should act their age.

If you're over 35 get the Legacy GT instead. It's more refined, better looking and has 97% of the WRX's handling & performance. It's only $28K, too.

Offline dejavu

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 04:32:52 AM »
First off subaru's are awesome cars and if you can manage to get your hands on one i say go for it.

No wait a few more weeks and put it in stocks.  Great buying opportunity coming up in my opinion, but if you get the car enjoy it! O0

However in regards to this post i am wondering which market you are looking at... because even after 125 basis points of cuts the market is still managing to go down... Where are you seeing this upside coming any time soon...  It wouldnt suprise me if the dow made it down below 10000 before it starts correcting its self.  IMO gold is the current play because its the only thing that you can really invest your money in to protect it against the impending inflation... Its like 910ish an ounce right now and will probably be at 1000 fairly soon.  And if you dont like gold there is always the option in investing in non US countries like eastren europe, brazil, russia, india, or china.  All of those places are experiencing growth around 10% or so.   :-X

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 06:27:38 AM »
$25K for something that will blow the doors of a 5.7 litre Hemi Dodge and out-handle anything this side of a Lotus is the bargain of the century.

However, 'Wrexes' are the dream car of choice for the spotty-faced, cap-on-backwards, turbo-kid generation and I think over 35s should act their age.

If you're over 35 get the Legacy GT instead. It's more refined, better looking and has 97% of the WRX's handling & performance. It's only $28K, too.
But Newman, I look 35, and feel 40.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 06:49:49 AM »

Buy a $5000 used vehicle, and use the other $20,000 to invest in real estate; Geez, what kind of a Jew are you!!!?  :::D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 07:15:46 AM »
25K ???

I don't think so, not wrapped in the grill work.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 03:16:32 PM »
I think the DOW below 10000 is a disaster scenario, and I tend not to trust people on Wall Street when they get either too positive or too negative.  Right now the trend is so negative, I am actually encouraged that a bottom might be approaching.  It might take until the second half of the year, however, for the rate cuts to be felt.  I personally think this is already a buyer's market in terms of select stocks, but you have to be very selective.  For instance Google and Apple have fallen tremendously, but these are still two tremendous companies.  They could fall a bit further, but not too much I don' think with their earnings power.  For Google, things should get better, not worse, with the online ad market set to double by 2009, especially since they already have a virtual monopoly on the space.  They also should have the Double-Click purchase go through, and have yet to really monetize YouTube or the cell phone market.  Apple's Iphone has yet to gain traction internationally, other than the U.S.  They also continue to gain market share with Macs. O0

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 07:49:45 PM »
Are the 2008 WRX's as fast as 8 cylinder 2008 mustangs?  (Your standard 8 cylinder mustang, not the cobra or some special edition.)

newman

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 08:15:10 PM »
Are the 2008 WRX's as fast as 8 cylinder 2008 mustangs?  (Your standard 8 cylinder mustang, not the cobra or some special edition.)
Yes.

And what's more, they'll handle and stop better, provide years of trouble-free motoring AND use less gas.