Poll

Would you eat giraffe if it was kosherly slaughtered?

Yes.
5 (41.7%)
No.
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Giraffe is Kosher!!!  (Read 6622 times)

Offline Haim_Ben_Shimon_3JFB

• Pro JTFer
Giraffe is Kosher!!!
« on: February 27, 2008, 03:03:56 AM »
Giraffe is kosher animal, but yet i have not seen it on the market of kosher stores. I know it does not say anywhere in the Torah where exactly to cut it, but with our technology and medical science they can't find the spot where to cut it for it to be kosher? We could use some scanning machine that doctors use and find similar spot that other kosher animals have. If you will say "Oh how will they kill it Kosher way if the neck is too long?" Well for that we could use shots to put an animal to sleep.. Just thought of starting this topic to hear your guys opinions...   

newman

Re: Giraffe is Kosher!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 03:48:33 AM »
A mamal like that would have to be domesticated to be kosher as 'flesh torn in the field' is unkosher.

The fencing requirements and land costs associated with giraffe farming would make it unviable.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 06:23:51 AM »
1 Giraffe Kabob to go please! O0

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 09:33:34 AM »
1 Giraffe Kabob to go please! O0
lol, rofl. i have a feeling it will happened in the future and we will all be eating it as kabob and Shawarma etc..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 09:36:23 AM by Chaim Ben Shimon »

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »
Well for that we could use shots to put an animal to sleep.. Just thought of starting this topic to hear your guys opinions...

That's not allowed in kosher slaughter.

I have a feeling at the end of days it will be revealed how to slaughter Giraffe, just as i heard the word pig-hazar means return and that a pig will be kosher animal. So i m guessing one day we will all be eating Shawarma and Kabob with a new kind of meats   

newman

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 09:51:46 AM »
Will shellfish be kosher when Shiloh comes, too?

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 11:16:48 AM »
Pig will be kosher when Moshiach comes. That's why it's called Chazir (will return [to being kosher]).

Anyway it's not for lack of technology that we can't do the slaughter I think it's because of the unresolved Rabbinic dispute about where it needs to be cut.

In any case, it would not be easy performing a kosher shechita on a giraffe. I think that's the main problem.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 12:59:54 PM »
Well for that we could use shots to put an animal to sleep.. Just thought of starting this topic to hear your guys opinions...

I have a feeling at the end of days it will be revealed how to slaughter Giraffe, just as i heard the word pig-hazar means return and that a pig will be kosher animal. So i m guessing one day we will all be eating Shawarma and Kabob with a new kind of meats   
IN the end of days we won't be eating meat.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 01:33:21 PM »

Why not? We will be eating lots of meat with all our Temple sacrifices!
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »
Adam didn't eat meat in The Garden of Eden. Some people claim that we will return to the state we were in back then when The Mashiach comes. Why do they say this?

We will reach higher than that level that Adam was on.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 02:32:07 PM »
You'd have to ask them  :D.

Adam didn't eat meat because they weren't good at elevating the crass physical world. When the flood purified the world we became a bit better at that so we were allowed to eat meat. When Moshiach comes we'll be masters at that!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 02:33:00 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 02:45:38 PM »

Adam didn't eat meat because they weren't good at elevating the crass physical world. When the flood purified the world we became a bit better at that so we were allowed to eat meat. When Moshiach comes we'll be masters at that!

Did anyone eat meat before Noah without being allowed to?

Good question. I don't know. They did most every other sin in the book so I imagine they did that too but I really don't know for sure.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 08:58:30 PM »

Actually one of the reasons of why they didn't eat and didn't need to eat meat was because before the flood man was much stronger and also acquired nutrients, etc. from the vegetables that were on a much higher level then they are today. The flood impacted the world greatly and man became weaker so he was allowed to eat meat. Besides that the quality of food and nature also decreases generation by generation (just ask you grandparents about the chickens they used to eat).
  If you want to look at eating meat from that perspective then most of us wouldn't be able to eat meat (unless Shabbat), because we are not in that level where we have the proper Kavanot of elevating the food (nefeshot) that we eat. I think that is also the opinion of some, even in the Gemarrah, that an ignorant cant eat meat.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 09:23:19 PM »

isn't it written that the Lion (or wolf) will lie with the lamb?  Doesn't that mean that carnivores will become Herbavores?  Therefore, humans would have no need to eat meat.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 09:35:52 PM »

isn't it written that the Lion (or wolf) will lie with the lamb?  Doesn't that mean that carnivores will become Herbavores?  Therefore, humans would have no need to eat meat.

For sure if their are Temple sacrifices their has to be the consumption of Meat. Maybe after the time of Moshiah, in the World to Come, it will be different. But the World to Come is a complete complex thing thats wayy after Moshiah comes. When we say Moshiah the state we will be will be Adam before he sinned, then afterwards we will reach a level to what Adam was supposed to accomplish (going up in levels).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 10:08:32 PM »

Good question. I don't know. They did most every other sin in the book so I imagine they did that too but I really don't know for sure.
Well, Lamech (not Noach's father Lamech, the other Lamech) and Tuval Kayin were hunters, weren't they?  So I would think they ate what they killed...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 11:31:44 AM »

Well, Lamech (not Noach's father Lamech, the other Lamech) and Tuval Kayin were hunters, weren't they?  So I would think they ate what they killed...

Good point there. ;)

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 01:41:22 PM »

good point very possible but some say that righteous people that will survive during Messiah's appearance will choose whether to have a physical life like we have now or spiritual, the one you are talking about

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 11:56:44 PM »
Adam didn't eat meat in The Garden of Eden. Some people claim that we will return to the state we were in back then when The Mashiach comes. Why do they say this?
We will reach higher than that level that Adam was on.

So why do people say we will return to being vegetarians?
What do those people say about the feast with Behemos, Levyoson, and Ziz?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D